Go Back   Matt-Hughes.com Official Forums > General Discussions > The Woodshed

Old 02-18-2009, 05:33 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by NateR
Actually, you're forgetting the first World Trade Center bombing in 1993 and the Oklahoma City bombing in 1995. Military bases, ships and US Embassies are also considered American soil, so that list would include the Kobar Towers bombing of 1996, the US Embassy bombing in Kenya in 1998, and the USS Cole bombing in 2000. So, that's 5 terrorist attacks on US soil that took place under Clinton's watch.

Bush had one terrorist attack take place in his first year in office, and then 7 years of zero terrorist attacks on US soil. I think his record of success is pretty clear.

Anyways, if Texas does secede, then I might just move back down there. WAR TEXAS!
Old 02-18-2009, 07:07 PM
rearnakedchoke

Quote:
Originally Posted by NateR
Actually, you're forgetting the first World Trade Center bombing in 1993 and the Oklahoma City bombing in 1995. Military bases, ships and US Embassies are also considered American soil, so that list would include the Kobar Towers bombing of 1996, the US Embassy bombing in Kenya in 1998, and the USS Cole bombing in 2000. So, that's 5 terrorist attacks on US soil that took place under Clinton's watch.

Bush had one terrorist attack take place in his first year in office, and then 7 years of zero terrorist attacks on US soil. I think his record of success is pretty clear.

Anyways, if Texas does secede, then I might just move back down there. WAR TEXAS!
Between 9/11 and 2008, i remember attacks on US embassies or consulates (if they are not the same thing) in Saudi Arabia, Yemen, Pakistan and I think even Greece ... to say zero terrorist attacks in 7 years may be an overstatement, but maybe cuz they weren't on scale with 9/11 ...
Old 02-18-2009, 11:09 PM
TheConcretekid

Quote:
Originally Posted by rearnakedchoke
Between 9/11 and 2008, i remember attacks on US embassies or consulates (if they are not the same thing) in Saudi Arabia, Yemen, Pakistan and I think even Greece ... to say zero terrorist attacks in 7 years may be an overstatement, but maybe cuz they weren't on scale with 9/11 ...
werd.

Also, I'm not from Missouri, I was just saying that there is a lot of talk going on here, not so much walk... if you will.

Also, Missouri isnt the North East, I guess it would be the mid-west? I dont know.
Old 02-18-2009, 11:49 PM
I'm kind of a big deal

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheConcretekid
werd.

Also, I'm not from Missouri, I was just saying that there is a lot of talk going on here, not so much walk... if you will.

Also, Missouri isnt the North East, I guess it would be the mid-west? I dont know.
Well, what can you say, we're like BJ Penn.

Midwest, yes
Old 02-19-2009, 08:36 AM

Go big or go home!