Go Back   Matt-Hughes.com Official Forums > General Discussions > The Woodshed

Old 02-11-2010, 08:46 PM
bradwright

Quote:
Originally Posted by NateR View Post
That's pretty rough. I'm sorry that you had to go through that experience, but it does illustrate that our current philosophy of "llowePeople should be ad to do what is right in their own eyes," is one of the greatest and most destructive lies in our modern culture.
so you want to live under a dictatorship ?
the problem with taking choice away from people is it will lead to more choices being taken away,and no Nate i do not think abortion is alright,that you already know....i just have a problem with throwing a blanket over it and saying all abortions are the same.

the case with Donna and her friend was a sad one alright but Donna did nothing wrong,it was never her job as a friend to talk her out of the abortion.
society failed that girl,not Donna...there should be manditory counseling in situations like that before an abortion could ever be done....if that were the case i think a lot of people would change their minds and not have an abortion at all.
Old 02-11-2010, 08:50 PM
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by bradwright View Post
so you want to live under a dictatorship ?
the problem with taking choice away from people is it will lead to more choices being taken away,and no Nate i do not think abortion is alright,that you already know....i just have a problem with throwing a blanket over it and saying all abortions are the same.

the case with Donna and her friend was a sad one alright but Donna did nothing wrong,it was never her job as a friend to talk her out of the abortion.
society failed that girl,not Donna...there should be manditory counseling in situations like that before an abortion could ever be done....if that were the case i think a lot of people would change their minds and not have an abortion at all.
No, a dictatorship is when a man forces his own laws onto a population. I'm talking about the non-negotiable standard of morality laid out in the Bible. That's GOD's Law not man's, and those laws aren't burdensome, they are actually the only true source of freedom.
Old 02-11-2010, 08:51 PM
Miss Foxy

Quote:
Originally Posted by DonnaMaria View Post
I wish it was far fetched. But in reality, it's not.

How about this............

http://iusbvision.wordpress.com/2009...disabled-vets/

and would you disagree that insurance companies decide to pay or not pay for procedures based on "value" of life after the procedure? They do it all the time.

My uncle was turned down for a heart transplant 10 years ago.......and every year since........because he was considered too old for it. Yet he still lives.........and still needs it.
Its' the employer/group that decides if they want abortion benefits or not. I am very much PRO-LIFE, however I work in the health insurance business and know this firsthand. For example we administer for Catholic Healthcare and abortion is excluded.
Old 02-11-2010, 08:58 PM
bradwright

Quote:
No, a dictatorship is when a man forces his own laws onto a population. I'm talking about the non-negotiable standard of morality laid out in the Bible. That's GOD's Law not man's, and those laws aren't burdensome, they are actually the only true source of freedom.
thats fine if everyone believes in God...but you and i both know not everyone does,forcing those people who dont believe in God to adhere to Gods laws would be a dictatorship.
Old 02-11-2010, 09:11 PM
Administrator

Quote:
thats fine if everyone believes in God...but you and i both know not everyone does,forcing those people who dont believe in God to adhere to Gods laws would be a dictatorship.
Yeah, all those laws against murdering, stealing, lying, and committing adultery just make life so much more difficult for everyone.

Then there are those laws that command us to be charitable and to love our enemies. That's just so incredibly oppressive.

Old 02-11-2010, 09:17 PM
bradwright

Quote:
Yeah, all those laws against murdering, stealing, lying, and committing adultery just make life so much more difficult for everyone.

Then there are those laws that command us to be charitable and to love our enemies. That's just so incredibly oppressive.

do you really need all those laws you just stated before you would or wouldn't do those things ?

and that love our enemies is one some of us seem to struggle with from time to time.(Nate).
Old 02-11-2010, 09:24 PM
Administrator

Quote:
do you really need all those laws you just stated before you would or wouldn't do those things ?

and that love our enemies is one some of us seem to struggle with from time to time.(Nate).
Um, yes, we need those laws because people are inherently evil and must be taught to do good things. There is no "goodness" inside any of us, so lying, cheating, stealing and killing come all too naturally to every human being on earth.

I see you are one of those people who can't distinguish between disagreeing with someone's opinion and hating them. If so, then I'm disappointed.
Old 02-11-2010, 09:31 PM
bradwright

Quote:
Um, yes, we need those laws because people are inherently evil and must be taught to do good things. There is no "goodness" inside any of us, so lying, cheating, stealing and killing come all too naturally to every human being on earth.

I see you are one of those people who can't distinguish between disagreeing with someone's opinion and hating them. If so, then I'm disappointed.
your wrong Nate,there is a lot of goodness inside people...its just there is a lot of evil inside people as well.
ive seen some of the things you call people when you as you put it disagree with them....so yes Nate i can distinguish between the two.
Old 02-11-2010, 09:38 PM
Administrator

Quote:
your wrong Nate,there is a lot of goodness inside people...its just there is a lot of evil inside people as well.
Well, the Bible would say that is a lie - Psalm 14:1-3:

Quote:
1 The fool says in his heart,
"There is no God."
They are corrupt, their deeds are vile;
there is no one who does good.

2 The LORD looks down from heaven
on the sons of men
to see if there are any who understand,
any who seek God.

3 All have turned aside,
they have together become corrupt;
there is no one who does good,
not even one.
Old 02-11-2010, 09:47 PM
bradwright

Quote:
Well, the Bible would say that is a lie - Psalm 14:1-3:
if you really believe that there is no good inside anyone then i think you might be hanging out with the wrong crowd.

i realize you take everything that is written in the bible to be held up to the world as the unquestionable truth....but i dont.