Go Back   Matt-Hughes.com Official Forums > MMA Related > UFC

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #11  
Old 02-11-2010, 12:59 AM
J.B.'s Avatar
J.B. J.B. is offline
WAR CARDINALS!
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: Apache Juntion, AZ
Posts: 8,462
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vizion View Post
Buddy, you're being too sensitive. I didn't read that as downplaying Matt's accomplishments, he was making a point that was in fact, true. He even said Matt was king of the world, sounds like he was just comparing to all the hype surrounding AS. Of course, he forgot about BJ Penn who was top tier as a WW I'm sure.

AS beat Hendo, Rich and Marquardt...Chael beat Marquardy and Fihlo who I believe was regarded as top ten...I'm not sure Chael needs to prove his record to talk crap. It's what many fighters do isn't it?
I'm not being sensitive, I just think the guy is a douchebag, and that comment pretty much sealed the deal. That's just my opinion.

However, how is what he said NOT downplaying Matt's accomplishments? Matt fought a ton of guys that were top 10 when he fought them. Sonnen is an idiot.

Yeah, anybody can talk s**t, and he has the right to his opinion, but if he is gonna stick his opinion out there and act as if fighters like Matt Hughes and Anderson Silva have never fought top competition, then he better be ready to get called out on his own record.
Reply With Quote
  #12  
Old 02-11-2010, 01:02 AM
KENTUCKYREDBONE
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

I don't know enough about him to either like or dislike him!
Reply With Quote
  #13  
Old 02-11-2010, 01:56 AM
TDPARKASH
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

I am with you man, he mentioned that silva looks down on the ground as if he is scared of him when they are in the hall. Come on, he is going to get eaten alive by Silva.

Quote:
Originally Posted by J.B. View Post
Yes it is. He is bashing Matt by trying to downplay his accomplishments, plain and simple. Also, what he said is just a flat out lie.

Who has Chael Sonnen beat to be saying that crap?

I don't like him and I hope Silva knocks him out, that's just me.
Reply With Quote
  #14  
Old 02-11-2010, 02:02 AM
Miss Foxy
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Thanks for the info JB and sorry I did not even see it in your post...I would like to say that his comments to me are offensive. Sure, he's not calling Matt any names but he is basically saying Matt fought nobodies. I think he needs a slice of humble pie..

Last edited by Miss Foxy; 02-11-2010 at 02:10 AM.
Reply With Quote
  #15  
Old 02-11-2010, 04:23 AM
Rev
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

I like the guy and understand what he is doing buy talking all the trash. I personally dont like the fact that he used Matt in a possibly negative way in his illustration, but I would like to know what matt or mark think about it.
Reply With Quote
  #16  
Old 02-11-2010, 09:04 PM
Vizion's Avatar
Vizion Vizion is offline
Hughes fanboy
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Posts: 2,209
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by J.B. View Post
However, how is what he said NOT downplaying Matt's accomplishments? Matt fought a ton of guys that were top 10 when he fought them. Sonnen is an idiot.
Did he call Matt a crappy fighter?
__________________


Please consider England in your prayers!

http://www.intercessuk.org/iuk3/
Reply With Quote
  #17  
Old 02-11-2010, 09:09 PM
J.B.'s Avatar
J.B. J.B. is offline
WAR CARDINALS!
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: Apache Juntion, AZ
Posts: 8,462
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vizion View Post
Did he call Matt a crappy fighter?
No, he did not specifically use those words, but what is your point?

Is what he said true? No.

Was he implying that Matt Hughes never beat any top competition? Yes.

So, how is that NOT downplaying Matt's accomplishments?
Reply With Quote
  #18  
Old 02-11-2010, 09:18 PM
Vizion's Avatar
Vizion Vizion is offline
Hughes fanboy
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Posts: 2,209
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by J.B. View Post
No, he did not specifically use those words, but what is your point?
So do you think he was intentionally bashing Matt, like saying he is a horrible crappy fighter who is overrated, or just being illustrative by suggesting that AS is being over-hyped like Matt was?

Also, would his opinion of Matt lead you to vote for his political opponent ?
__________________


Please consider England in your prayers!

http://www.intercessuk.org/iuk3/
Reply With Quote
  #19  
Old 02-11-2010, 09:19 PM
Tyburn's Avatar
Tyburn Tyburn is offline
Angry @ Injustice!
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: England
Posts: 16,838
Default

I dont like him very much...but I wouldnt say I hate him...he has become more of a vocal annoyance recently...I dont remember him always being such a smack talker...but then I cant say I truely took much notice of him before
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #20  
Old 02-11-2010, 09:43 PM
J.B.'s Avatar
J.B. J.B. is offline
WAR CARDINALS!
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: Apache Juntion, AZ
Posts: 8,462
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vizion View Post
So do you think he was intentionally bashing Matt, like saying he is a horrible crappy fighter who is overrated, or just being illustrative by suggesting that AS is being over-hyped like Matt was?

Also, would his opinion of Matt lead you to vote for his political opponent ?
First of all, I don't think Anderson Silva or Matt Hughes are "over-hyped" any more than any other fighter has been. Yeah, I think he knew he was bashing Matt, because only a person who dislikes Matt would say such nonsense in my opinion.

I don't care about his political aspirations, and I don't live in Oregon. I realize he is a conservative, and that is fine, but I'm just not a fan of the way he comes off in his interviews.
Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT. The time now is 06:03 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.