Go Back   Matt-Hughes.com Official Forums > General Discussions > Politics

Old 02-19-2010, 03:39 AM
Matt-4; GJJ Black Belts-0

Quote:
I dont listen to anything he says, because he just likes to stir things up
No.. I like to needle you and your unfounded arrogance.. and you should pay attention.. very often... with a little thought.. someone of your intelligence should be able to see what I am saying...

But you are certainly in error...

"We" never implied that there were nuclear weapons that we were looking for.. it was chemical....

now.. where were we..

Quote:
4C) ever watched Minority Report??? You cant convict someone of a crime BEFORE they committ the crime. Saddam had no weapons of mass destruction that could get you. Who knows if he ever would have...
Remember in the late 70s.. the Al Tuwaitha Nuclear Research Center it was leveled by Israel in the early 80s.. to ensure that Iraq didn't become a nuclear power....If you have nuclear power.. your most of the way to having nuclear weapons...So if it was leveled in the early 80s... you think that they just "stopped".... are you that gullible?

Quote:
perhaps you should invade Mexico....I mean...who knows...maybe they will attack you in the future. You cant be so paranoid. People dont realize how well protected the US is.
So you mean the geographical protection??? Or the fact that our military is the best freaking military on the face of the planet..better people... better equipped, and more personally KICK ARSE...

Quote:
Lets pretend that the U.S never invaded, and that Saddam had Weapons...now lets say he launched those weapons...what do you think would happen?? I'll tell you. The rockets would launch and head towards space, they would then have to begin circumnavigation, at that point they will come into contact with a set of Satalites which extend all the way from the middle of the pacific, right round to the middle east and Eastern Bloc of Europe. These Satalites would send messages to what are known as Listening Posts dotted about the earth, in your Allies countries. Those Listening Posts would signal to America that their were Missiles in the air and on course. At which point the Americans would launch, probably just normal rockets, to intercept and distroy those missiles...they would then launch a strike of their own.
You are ASSuming... that they would launch from Iraq.. not one of their friendly nations... and not snuck onto a freighter..... that is docked in a harbor... and you ASSume.... that they would create a missile...not just a bomb...

Quote:
Iraq has not satalites warning of missiles, so by the time they realize whats happened, its too late.
And you think that Iraq doesn't have access to other countries data.. at the least to pay for information.

Quote:
The result would be the distruction of Baghdad, the death of Sadam, and the casualties of a city full of Iraqi Civilians. there would be ZERO losses for the Americans.
And you think that is what America wants?? Most civilians don't freaking care about world politics..

Quote:
The Americans can do that. Its called "Star Wars" except..you might like to know that the Republicans wanted to extend it to cover Russia also....and Barack Obama said that he'd changed his mind
And WHEN did the Republicans want to do this??? You do know Ronnie was almost the PERFECT Republican. SDI will never be seen in our lifetimes.. not in real practical means.. How has Obama wanted to be involved with SDI.. Please tell me.,.. I need another reason to laugh at him...

Quote:
5) but Iraq turned out not to be a threat didnt it. You went to pre-empt something that was well beyond Saddam in the first place....
What ...Chemical weapons??? Not beyond him.. ask the Kurds... oh wait.. you can't.. try asking their children... hard to do that also... There are some around.. let me know when you can find them...Nuclear.. possibly beyond him.. but I kinda doubt it....

Quote:
and meanwhile hundreds of your troops are being killed in action. I always support plans that limit the amount of casualties incured by the Military, I do not feel its right to get your military in a decade long war on the incorrect hunch that a country might attack you, especially not, when we now know that hunch was sorely mistaken.
So you go to war... but if....say.. 10,000 troops get killed on your side.. you surrender... very cool....please let me know when you are in charge of the British military...

So when the "going gets tough.." you quit... I told you before I thought that you would be the "first against the wall".... your statement above proves me correct...

And the "hunch" as you call it.. wasn't proved wrong..

Quote:
6) It depends on the laws of your land, what is permissable and what isnt.

6b) ahh yes...the dodgey dossier...we got that intelligence also. We have intelligence of our own...like, how your Administration needed no convincing, it had decided it wanted regieme change in Iraq more then a year before the invasion...
Well.. at the VERY least... you had the SON of a man... that Saddam tried to have killed... become the most powerful man in the world... Saddam had to have known that his days were numbered.....

Saddam... and his government were becoming more and more powerful... they were hostile to their neighbors... and others... time to go...

Quote:
we know this, because we aggreed to help you regardless at that time. I dont suppose THAT was put to congress anymore then it was put to Parliament. Its called Politics
you guys just want to follow... that's pretty much it.. when was the last time your country took the lead ANYWHERE.......

Quote:
7) I personally think that there was. I think that in time the United States will be exhonerated because it will show that she knew what she was doing, and lied to cover up a far larger issue. I think that issue is called Iran.
First you bash on the US.. cause we are "arrogant".. and now we are stupid.... make up your mind as to how you want to insult us...

Quote:
I believe that Iraq holds lots of oil, and that it was also an extremely unstable Government.
I am REALLY glad you believe the obvious so easily...

Quote:
I believe that the United States and England both wanted to get rid of Saddam, I believe they got wind of a plan by the Iranians to invade Iraq. They used Saddams issues with the United Nations as a cover to be able to move quickly, to physically take the land before Iran.
What has the US taken??? nothing... we took control of the country.. cause after we handed Saddam his head.. it would be horrible to "just leave".. I personally wish we would... but I understand why we are still there...

Quote:
The reason I think this is because there was a United Nations Weapons Inspector, who said that Iraq had no weapons,
After the fact.. yes....

Quote:
and he leaked information to the British Press. A week later he was found dead. Apparent Suicide although the medical authorities have rulled he was unable to physically kill himself in the manner in which he was found. The records surrounding his death have been classified for SEVENTY YEARS.

Now if that is the case, then one can understand and see why it was needed to invade Iraq, why it was needed to do that without any delay, and to understand why David Kelly had to be silenced.

LOL..... Can they leap that far in the Summer Games???

Quote:
But that is circumstantial and speculation...at present all the data shows the war to be unjust and probably a mistake.
Your data...not mine. At the very least.. Saddam tried to kill Bush sr... that was a crime...look up the assassination of world leaders... and the UN...

Quote:
If the above paragraph were ever shown to be true, it would show the war to have been not only Just, and deliberate...but also that those leaders were close to Saints, for knowing they would be hated, and yet doing the biggest service to the modern world for centuries.
wow.. your giving me whiplash....
Old 02-19-2010, 08:05 PM
eric84

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tyburn View Post
Tell me, were you in New York the day of 9/11, because I was in London the day of 7/7 so we might want to end this now if your going to claim I know nothing about successful terrorist plots
1 - So as long as you kill a person before the cops arrive, its ok? To completely throw out past wrongs because he wasn't doing it right at that time is laughable.

2 - Since you missed what he said, I'll sum it up. You claimed something, and he provided facts proving you wrong.

3 - I don't recall Bush specifically saying that, but even if he did, it makes no difference in the long run.

4 - I wasn't rude, I was honest. It's you prerogative to be offended.

5 - Didn't mean to put words in your mouth, I thought that was the point you were trying to make. If he was killed for knowing there was no WMD's in Iraq(as I understand your saying), then who else would kill him?

I was not in NY at 9-11, but you completely missed the point. 9-11 was a much larger scale, as is something such as an atomic bomb. I would have no clue on the statistics, but imagine Al Qaida getting an atomic bomb, who do you think they would bomb first, the US or England? Add to the fact that Saddam already had a history aimed at the US(Bush Sr) and there you go.
Old 02-19-2010, 09:43 PM
Angry @ Injustice!

Quote:
Originally Posted by eric84 View Post
1 - So as long as you kill a person before the cops arrive, its ok? To completely throw out past wrongs because he wasn't doing it right at that time is laughable.

2 - Since you missed what he said, I'll sum it up. You claimed something, and he provided facts proving you wrong.

3 - I don't recall Bush specifically saying that, but even if he did, it makes no difference in the long run.

4 - I wasn't rude, I was honest. It's you prerogative to be offended.

5 - Didn't mean to put words in your mouth, I thought that was the point you were trying to make. If he was killed for knowing there was no WMD's in Iraq(as I understand your saying), then who else would kill him?

I was not in NY at 9-11, but you completely missed the point. 9-11 was a much larger scale, as is something such as an atomic bomb. I would have no clue on the statistics, but imagine Al Qaida getting an atomic bomb, who do you think they would bomb first, the US or England? Add to the fact that Saddam already had a history aimed at the US(Bush Sr) and there you go.
1) ?? Not sure what your talking about here.

2) Thankyou, but I can read. I just choose not to flatter him by response, he likes to butt in when im having a good conversation with someone (like yourself) and sour it with rude stage whispers and the likes.

3) Well thats certainly what was used to gain our support.

4) You were rude. Dont be moreso.

5) No Comment

6) So because you get hit first that makes yours a calamity and ours unimportant. In our History...we have suffered more Terrorist attacks then you...and im not even talking about the centuries of age difference...what about all the times the IRA bombed London?? No the real reason 9/11 was important, was because it was the first real large scale successful attack on your soil, terrorist or otherwise, since the Japanese Bombed Pearl.

You may not even be aware of this, but less then three years on, and we stopped having any real memorial certainly outside of London for 7/7 (which happened in 2005) whereas you still read the names out of the deceased (from 2001) that shows you how...desensitized we've become to it. Its happened so often, that we dont seem to really care anymore...its truely sad...and I still make a big point about it each time it comes round. (there was also a second spate of bombings on the 21st, but none of the Terrorists managed to detonate because of faulty equipment...there was also the accident that happened when the Police executed an innocent man called Charles De Menzies

If you dont know exactly what happened, I' leave you with a few news reports and videos, all quite short...have a look...The real saddness was, the day before the bombers struck there was a HUGE celebration in Trafalgar Square when London was announced the winner of the 2012 Olympic Bid.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=097373NYBV4
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nuhBdHc8Nqs
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=te4K7DcKL2A

Old 02-21-2010, 03:12 AM
Matt-4; GJJ Black Belts-0

Quote:
2) Thankyou, but I can read. I just choose not to flatter him by response, he likes to butt in when im having a good conversation with someone (like yourself) and sour it with rude stage whispers and the likes.

If you know anything about me.. I DON'T whisper....

I "butted" into the conversation because your facts are WRONG...

IRAQ was never a threat to anyone.... wrong...

The UN was searching for nuclear weapons... Wrong..

and so many other issues...

Sorry your history is off.... so very off....
Old 02-25-2010, 12:16 AM
Max

Quote:
I would use old fashioned methods....I might do what Israel does...not declaire war...but simply take out the nuclear institutions as they are developing. Dropping a bomb on one low manned facility probably wont lead to direct warfare on a huge scale.
This is kinda what we did. Except we did not know exactly where the nuclear institutions were so we just dropped bombs on anything we thought might have been a nuclear institution and then we sent troops in to get rid of anyone we thought might have had anything to do with a nuclear institution.
Old 02-25-2010, 12:23 AM
Angry @ Injustice!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Max View Post
This is kinda what we did. Except we did not know exactly where the nuclear institutions were so we just dropped bombs on anything we thought might have been a nuclear institution and then we sent troops in to get rid of anyone we thought might have had anything to do with a nuclear institution.
Old 02-25-2010, 01:21 AM
CAMPO

yep, sure do