Go Back   Matt-Hughes.com Official Forums > General Discussions > Entertainment

Old 02-10-2010, 12:16 AM
WAR CARDINALS!

Default Forum friends and KISS fans... I Need some opinons...

I got a phone call yesterday asking me if I would be interested in leading the road crew for a popular KISS tribute band that tours the US and Canada. The pay is very good, and I wouldn't have to work at all outside of the group if decide to take the job, but they are talking about doing a minimum of 50 shows before the end of the year.

That much time on the road would basically kill all the momentum that is going with my own band, and it also would put a major strain on the relationship I am currently in. However, work as an engineer and a DJ has been slow and this would basically secure my finances for at least the next 10 months. Not to mention that the promoters and management companies this group works with would be a good hook-up for me. So, needless to say, I am a bit torn on what to do.

Since it's a pretty boring Tuesday, I figured I would ask... what does the forum think?
Old 02-10-2010, 12:45 AM
matthughesfan21

if you think it would be something you would enjoy doing, i would say go for it
Old 02-10-2010, 01:05 AM
Black Mamba

My first thought would be to do it. I've had some experience as a sound and stage techie just at the high school level, and I had a blast. I can't imagine the fun it's going to be, along with the nice pay off.

But there was also a tiny alert when you said it would put some major strain on your relationship. Well, I’d sit down and talk to her. If you really want to do this, I believe it’s something that will test your relationship. If you and her really trust and have a strong bond, then by time these 50 shows are done, there shouldn’t be any problems. However, if you decide to go, and there’s underlying kinks that neither one of you know of (i.e. trust issues) then that will definitely be exposed. Trust and communication are going to be the key.
Old 02-10-2010, 01:28 AM
WAR CARDINALS!

Thanks guys!

Yeah Mamba, I do think it's something that would test us a couple. We have only been together a few months and she has not had to deal with any of the stresses of me being on the road yet. Although we have talked about it, and she does love what I do, I'm just not sure how things are going to work when I am actually gone at this point.

I don't wanna screw it up with her, because I really do care about her, but at the same time this is my life and I have been working in this industry for over a decade. If I didn't do this I would be lost, and even worse...BROKE.

The even funnier thing is... I don't really like KISS, so this would not be all that fun for me.
Old 02-10-2010, 01:50 AM
Black Mamba

Uh oh, few months....honeymoon stage, that's a pretty new relationship. My next best advice would be, if you do decide to do this, is to maintain contact (i.e. texting, calls, and if you have a laptop with a webcam communicate with that). I know that's easier said then done when being on the road. But a simple text like thinking of you, can really make a chick's day.

I also think if she understands you're doing this for money, then I hope she wouldn't have a problem. I don't think she'd want a broke man.

Good luck with your decision, and to maintaining your relationship.
Old 02-10-2010, 02:28 AM
WAR CARDINALS!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Black Mamba View Post
Uh oh, few months....honeymoon stage, that's a pretty new relationship. My next best advice would be, if you do decide to do this, is to maintain contact (i.e. texting, calls, and if you have a laptop with a webcam communicate with that). I know that's easier said then done when being on the road. But a simple text like thinking of you, can really make a chick's day.

I also think if she understands you're doing this for money, then I hope she wouldn't have a problem. I don't think she'd want a broke man.

Good luck with your decision, and to maintaining your relationship.

Yeah, we are a new couple, but I'm an old dog

Honestly, I have never had to deal with a girl I couldn't take with me when I went on the road, so this is as new to me as it is to her.

I feel so blessed in my life right now that whatever decision I make, I know it will be the right one!

Still...thank you Mamba!
Old 02-10-2010, 02:46 AM
Stump Rules!

I think it sounds like an awesome opportunity, and like you said, can provide you with hook ups to other things.You refereed to your girl as " your current relationship" or something like that, that tells me you can live with out her.If it was meant to be she'll be there when you get back.
Go for it!

http://stumpdotcom.com/
Old 02-10-2010, 03:43 AM
SupaDupaMod

Send a message via Yahoo to Neezar

Quote:
Originally Posted by J.B. View Post
The even funnier thing is... I don't really like KISS, so this would not be all that fun for me.
Old 02-10-2010, 04:46 AM
matthughesfan21

Quote:
Originally Posted by J.B. View Post
Old 02-10-2010, 12:13 PM

I think in that industry networking is a big thing, so going to all those venues and meeting the guys behind the scenes could offer you a lot of opportunity. If you think the homelife can survive it then I say go for it. you only live here on earth once and if you do it right, it's enough.

[