Go Back   Matt-Hughes.com Official Forums > General Discussions > The Woodshed

Old 02-09-2010, 10:51 PM
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Primadawn View Post
My result was exactly the same as County Mike's I'm not sure what to think about that...
Me too....seems to be a trend going here.

~Amy
Old 02-09-2010, 10:56 PM
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tyburn View Post
I wouldnt say you are the strictist of Js though...I'm suprised your result wasnt the other way round. ....and what about your artistic streak...

I dunno...I would have thought you would have got Doer, then Creator, then Organizer....the problem with the J Pole is it can actively be TAUGHT, I cant decide if your a natural J or if thats a product of your Military background more then anything else....or perhaps your just ballenced right in the middle of that spectrum...hence why its hard to decide which one you actually are

Everything about your manner of posting, would suggest P...but then when you do post, its very J content, and in those cases followed up swiftly. There seems to be a lot of P in content, in updates, in style, in what you decide to persue and how, but thats probably more the artistic nature...which of course flourishes far better in a natural P because its unrestricted...but then again, with managing the website and doing the forum stuff, surely that is all sequencial, routine...J

I think your just increadibly well ballenced on that spectrum
Well, the art thing didn't come naturally to me at all. I had to teach myself through a very long, slow process that took years of dedication and discipline before I started to see any real results. I had been drawing with pencil on paper for over 14 years before I switched over, reluctantly, to digital mediums like Photoshop and vector art along with photography. After that it was a short leap to video editing, web design, and 3D animation.

The common myth about artists is that they are all emotional free-spirits who love to experiment and try out new things. Well, that's not true for a majority of artists. Most artists are very conservative when it comes to their medium and subject matter and they are usually extremely reluctant to try anything new. Which is why college art professors always face an uphill battle when they try to get their students to explore new mediums. Which is also why many artists tend to just recreate the same work over and over again. In other words, a landscape painter will spend the rest of his life painting landscapes if left to his own devices. Even then the types of landscapes that he paints will get increasingly narrower until he's just recreating the same painting over and over again.
Old 02-09-2010, 11:05 PM
Black Mamba

Best Occupational Category
You're a CREATOR
Keywords

Nonconforming, Impulsive, Expressive, Romantic, Intuitive, Sensitive, and Emotional

2nd Best Occupational Category
You're an ORGANIZER
Keywords:

Self-Control, Practical, Self-Contained, Orderly, Systematic, Precise, and Accurate

These conservative appearing, plotting-types enjoy organizing, data systems, accounting, detail, and accuracy. They often enjoy mathematics and data management activities such as accounting and investment management. Persistence and patience allows them to do detailed paperwork, operate office machines, write business reports, and make charts and graphs.
Old 02-09-2010, 11:07 PM

I don't agree with "nonconforming or impulsive" but everything else describes me as "creator". Some of the occupations wouldn't fit me. The "doer" describes me but those occupations sound more like Mac. And I like my thoughts "provoked".

You're a CREATOR
Keywords

Nonconforming, Impulsive, Expressive, Romantic, Intuitive, Sensitive, and Emotional

These original types place a high value on aesthetic qualities and have a great need for self-expression. They enjoy working independently, being creative, using their imagination, and constantly learning something new. Fields of interest are art, drama, music, and writing or places where they can express, assemble, or implement creative ideas.

CREATOR OCCUPATIONS
Suggested careers are Advertising Executive, Architect, Web Designer, Creative Director, Public Relations, Fine or Commercial Artist, Interior Decorator, Lawyer, Librarian, Musician, Reporter, Art Teacher, Broadcaster, Technical Writer, English Teacher, Architect, Photographer, Medical Illustrator, Corporate Trainer, Author, Editor, Landscape Architect, Exhibit Builder, and Package Designer.

CREATOR WORKPLACES
Consider workplaces where you can create and improve beauty and aesthetic qualities. Unstructured, flexible organizations that allow self-expression work best with your free-spirited nature.

Suggested Creator workplaces are advertising, public relations, and interior decorating firms; artistic studios, theaters and concert halls; institutions that teach crafts, universities, music, and dance schools. Other workplaces to consider are art institutes, museums, libraries, and galleries.

You're a DOER
Keywords:

Emotionally Stable, Reliable, High Energy, Practical, Thrifty, and Persistent

These adventurous types prefer action-oriented, concrete problems rather than dealing with thought-provoking, ambiguous, abstract dilemmas. Fields of interest include mechanical, construction, and outdoor careers. They might also enjoy working with machines, tools, and equipment to repair or build something.
Old 02-09-2010, 11:22 PM

Quote:
I'm speechless! I got the same result as NateR!
Quote:
My result was exactly the same as County Mike's I'm not sure what to think about that...

Face it.....your colors are schizoid.

Old 02-09-2010, 11:27 PM
bradwright

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bonnie View Post
I don't agree with "nonconforming or impulsive" but everything else describes me as "creator". Some of the occupations wouldn't fit me. The "doer" describes me but those occupations sound more like Mac. And I like my thoughts "provoked".

You're a CREATOR
Keywords

These original types place a high value on aesthetic qualities and have a great need for self-expression. They enjoy working independently, being creative, using their imagination, and constantly learning something new. Fields of interest are art, drama, music, and writing or places where they can express, assemble, or implement creative ideas.

CREATOR OCCUPATIONS
Suggested careers are Advertising Executive, Architect, Web Designer, Creative Director, Public Relations, Fine or Commercial Artist, Interior Decorator, Lawyer, Librarian, Musician, Reporter, Art Teacher, Broadcaster, Technical Writer, English Teacher, Architect, Photographer, Medical Illustrator, Corporate Trainer, Author, Editor, Landscape Architect, Exhibit Builder, and Package Designer.

CREATOR WORKPLACES
Consider workplaces where you can create and improve beauty and aesthetic qualities. Unstructured, flexible organizations that allow self-expression work best with your free-spirited nature.

Suggested Creator workplaces are advertising, public relations, and interior decorating firms; artistic studios, theaters and concert halls; institutions that teach crafts, universities, music, and dance schools. Other workplaces to consider are art institutes, museums, libraries, and galleries.

You're a DOER
Keywords:

Emotionally Stable, Reliable, High Energy, Practical, Thrifty, and Persistent

These adventurous types prefer action-oriented, concrete problems rather than dealing with thought-provoking, ambiguous, abstract dilemmas. Fields of interest include mechanical, construction, and outdoor careers. They might also enjoy working with machines, tools, and equipment to repair or build something.
it seems you and i had the exact same results there Bonnie....all i can say is...i'm sorry....and i really do feel your pain.

look at the bright side though....you could have had the same results as *********.......now that would have been a real tragedy.
Old 02-09-2010, 11:29 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bradwright View Post
it seems you and i had the exact same results there Bonnie....all i can say is...i'm sorry....and i really do feel your pain.

look at the bright side though....you could have had the same results as *********.......now that would have been a real tragedy.
I noticed that.....and....I KNOW!
Old 02-10-2010, 12:32 AM
County Mike

Quote:
That's why chicks dig me. ;)
Old 02-10-2010, 01:22 AM
TENNESSEAN

You're a RESEARCHER
Keywords

Independent, Self-Motivated, Reserved, Introspective, Analytical, and Curious

e investigative types gather information, analyze and interpret data, and inquire to uncover new facts. They have a strong scientific orientation, enjoy academic or research environments and prefer self-reliant jobs. Dislikes are group projects, selling, and repetitive activities.

RESEARCHER OCCUPATIONS
Suggested careers are College Professor, Physician, Psychologist, Pharmacist, Chemist, Marketing Research, Inventor, Sales Forecasting, Project Engineer, Dentist, Identifying Consumer Demand, Chiropractor, Dentist, Medical Technician, Optometrist, Research & Development Manager, Respiratory Therapist, Real Estate Appraiser, Chiropractor, Veterinarian, Geologist, Physicist, Science Teacher, Medical Technologist, and Author of Technical Books.

RESEARCHER WORKPLACES
Task-oriented careers where you can become absorbed in the job, be original and creative, and not conform to rigid company rules will work best for you. Unstructured organizations, for example, that allow you to sail your own ship are vital.

Suggested Researcher workplaces are universities and colleges, home office positions, medical facilities, computer-related industries, scientific foundations and think tanks, research firms, and design laboratories.

You're an ORGANIZER
Keywords:

Self-Control, Practical, Self-Contained, Orderly, Systematic, Precise, and Accurate

These conservative appearing, plotting-types enjoy organizing, data systems, accounting, detail, and accuracy. They often enjoy mathematics and data management activities such as accounting and investment management. Persistence and patience allows them to do detailed paperwork, operate office machines, write business reports, and make charts and graphs.
Old 02-10-2010, 01:29 AM
Super Moderator

Send a message via Yahoo to Boomer

You're a CREATOR
Keywords

CREATOR OCCUPATIONS

CREATOR WORKPLACES

You're a SOCIAL MANAGER
Keywords:

Tactful, Cooperative, Generous, Understanding, Insightful, Friendly, and Cheerful

This very social type enjoys working in groups, sharing responsibilities, and being the center of attention. Fields of interest are instructing, helping, nurturing, care giving and instructing-especially young people. They discuss and consider feelings in order to solve problems, lead, direct, persuade, guide, organize and enlighten others.

* Section I: You and Your Team
This personality overview section highlights your natural workplace talents—the tasks you pursue with passion. You'll learn how your natural strengths complement those of your coworkers and how, joining forces, you can resolve on-the-job dilemmas.
* Section II: Your Key To Success
Here you discover your capacity for dispelling disruption and maximizing profitability. Use this proven, beyond-self-perception advice to create a more positive career path free of detours.
* Section III: Managing Strengths and Weaknesses
Your evaluation's highest and lowest scores result in this section's recommendations for staying on-track in your career and reversing wrong turns. In focusing on your talents and missteps, you'll re-stoke your energy and enthusiasm for managing costly mistakes.
* Section IV: Leadership Power Moves
This final section identifies your "street sense," those power moves that turn obstacles into insignificant details. Here suggestions based on your color-ranked evaluations will guide you towards making the most of an interview or harnessing your fast-paced workday.
Boomer is fricking HOT!!!!!