Go Back   Matt-Hughes.com Official Forums > General Discussions > The Woodshed

Old 02-20-2010, 04:47 PM
mscomc

Quote:
Originally Posted by VCURamFan View Post
Technically speaking, Pinky & the Brain were part of the Anamaniacs, much like Bugs & Daffy were part of Loony Toons.
ahhhh TOUCHE! it was still a good show you know all this 90's talk, i started watching old animaniac clips. Hindsight, its realllllly funny. They have so many little cameos, by real people (like bill clinton playing the sax, remember?).

heres one thats good, it even has that guy freakazoid in it (remember him?)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2NLrjVnMO7k
Old 02-20-2010, 05:03 PM
Mac

Ok , here is reaching back in the archives , Only a handful of folks here will even remember this . Im betting Nater knows it .

It was on pbs , and seeing as how we only had 3 channels lol , we watched pbs .

Name of the show was The write Channel with Rb Bugg . The thing that sticks in my head the most is the Palabra Jot Bugg said at the end . It started back in the 70's but pbs ran it well into the 80's

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3GeQv1eWm-o
Old 02-20-2010, 10:46 PM
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by mscomc View Post
did you ever watch the X-MEN cartoon?
Yes, I hated it. Only because I had been reading the X-Men comics for over 8 years at the time and the cartoon butchered all the storylines.

I was 19 or 20 when the X-Men cartoon premiered.
Old 02-20-2010, 10:49 PM
Black Mamba

Quote:
Originally Posted by mscomc View Post
In continuing with how great the 90's were....

What were some of your guy's favourite TV shows? Seeing is how im 24.., favourite cartoons were:

1) pinky and the brain
2) anamaninacs
3) Batman: the animated series
4) teenage mutant ninja turtles

... please tell me someone else remembers these

I miss those shows....

Also can't forget:

Darkwing Duck, The Beetleborgs, Power Rangers (the OG one), Goosebumps, Are You Afraid of the Dark, Tail Spin, The Jetsons, Gargoyles, Aladdin: The Series, Flintstones, Guts, Global GUTS, Double Dare (not the 2000 ones), Figure It Out, All That (the first series not the newer one), Ren and Stimpy, Cat Dog, Rugrats, Hey Arnold, Josie and the Pussycats, Speedracer, Scooby Doo, Blues Clues (Steve in it), Arthur, The Magic School Bus, Winnie the Who, Salior Moon, The Amanda Show, Clarissa Explains It All....

I know there's more. And yes I was a tv junkie back then, I knew the schedule by heart. Now I'm a reality show and Neil Patrick Harris junkie.
Old 02-20-2010, 11:26 PM
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mac View Post
Ok , here is reaching back in the archives , Only a handful of folks here will even remember this . Im betting Nater knows it .

It was on pbs , and seeing as how we only had 3 channels lol , we watched pbs .

Name of the show was The write Channel with Rb Bugg . The thing that sticks in my head the most is the Palabra Jot Bugg said at the end . It started back in the 70's but pbs ran it well into the 80's

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3GeQv1eWm-o
I do remember that show.

Speaking of PBS, does anyone else remember Commander Mark?
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=U-Igf5O6Bfg

This was the show that actually inspired me to start drawing back in the mid-80s.
Old 02-20-2010, 11:32 PM
mscomc

Quote:
Originally Posted by Black Mamba View Post
I miss those shows....

Also can't forget:

Darkwing Duck, The Beetleborgs, Power Rangers (the OG one), Goosebumps, Are You Afraid of the Dark, Tail Spin, The Jetsons, Gargoyles, Aladdin: The Series, Flintstones, Guts, Global GUTS, Double Dare (not the 2000 ones), Figure It Out, All That (the first series not the newer one), Ren and Stimpy, Cat Dog, Rugrats, Hey Arnold, Josie and the Pussycats, Speedracer, Scooby Doo, Blues Clues (Steve in it), Arthur, The Magic School Bus, Winnie the Who, Salior Moon, The Amanda Show, Clarissa Explains It All....

I know there's more. And yes I was a tv junkie back then, I knew the schedule by heart. Now I'm a reality show and Neil Patrick Harris junkie.
man, i still love a good arthur episode. I watch it with my neices and nephews all the time. "the brain" was the best.
Old 02-21-2010, 12:33 AM
Rev

I miss the 80s sometimes. Music and tv shows rocked and the Movies, well, Wow!
Old 02-21-2010, 12:34 AM
Rev

The cartoons and kid shows started getting trashy in the 90s.
Old 02-21-2010, 01:23 AM
Silverback

Quote:
Originally Posted by Llamafighter View Post
I think mac is saying that he has some affection towards goats.

We should run with that
Saying a affection is quite the understatement, and Mac, as we fixed the water in your goat "stable" today Mark, Nate, and myself came up with some good Mac goat jokes.I mean Mark and Nate, I dont know how myself got put in this post!!!
Old 02-21-2010, 01:26 AM
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Silverback View Post
Saying a affection is quite the understatement, and Mac, as we fixed the water in your goat "stable" today Mark, Nate, and myself came up with some good Mac goat jokes.I mean Mark and Nate, I dont know how myself got put in this post!!!
jokes and some statements are the truth.