Go Back   Matt-Hughes.com Official Forums > General Discussions > The Woodshed

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #31  
Old 02-09-2010, 07:02 PM
Black Mamba
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

I'm going to be turning 21 this year. Woohooo Vegas here I come! Thunder from Down Under here I come!

The 90s rocked. I'm glad I grew up during that era. These last 10 years, I don't envy the youngsters who grew up in it.
Reply With Quote
  #32  
Old 02-19-2010, 07:54 PM
Tyburn's Avatar
Tyburn Tyburn is offline
Angry @ Injustice!
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: England
Posts: 16,923
Default

I dont remember much in a logical order until about 1993...before then I really just have broken memories which arent in any order really
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #33  
Old 02-19-2010, 08:08 PM
NateR's Avatar
NateR NateR is offline
Administrator
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Posts: 5,734
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Black Mamba View Post
I'm going to be turning 21 this year. Woohooo Vegas here I come! Thunder from Down Under here I come!

The 90s rocked. I'm glad I grew up during that era. These last 10 years, I don't envy the youngsters who grew up in it.
I didn't think any decade could be as bad as the 90s, until we got to the 00's.

The 80s were the decade to grow up in.
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #34  
Old 02-20-2010, 01:54 AM
Black Mamba
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by NateR View Post
I didn't think any decade could be as bad as the 90s, until we got to the 00's.

The 80s were the decade to grow up in.
My Mom told me I would have fit in perfect in the 80s since I love 80s music so much. So it might have been the perfect decade for me to grow up in.

From a technological stand point, I'm glad I grew up in the 90s. Computers sky rocketed during that time. I remember getting our first computer and having high speed internet (Cox). Cartoons were awesome during the 90s too. And I'll also say the 90s was the last true decade for kids to be kids.

From a world stand point, yes the 90s weren't so hot. I remember the times of my Dad being gone for 6 months at time on the ship to the middle east. He was part of the crew protecting the no fly zone, they were on 5 minute alert. I remember the West Pacs he went on...the 90s at times were rough also.
Reply With Quote
  #35  
Old 02-20-2010, 04:15 AM
mscomc
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

In continuing with how great the 90's were....

What were some of your guy's favourite TV shows? Seeing is how im 24.., favourite cartoons were:

1) pinky and the brain
2) anamaninacs
3) Batman: the animated series
4) teenage mutant ninja turtles

... please tell me someone else remembers these
Reply With Quote
  #36  
Old 02-20-2010, 04:48 AM
Mac
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by NateR View Post
The 80s were the decade to grow up in.
Ditto

Had the saturday night music video show " Night Flight" , Big wheels , The Fall guy on tv
Reply With Quote
  #37  
Old 02-20-2010, 04:53 AM
NateR's Avatar
NateR NateR is offline
Administrator
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Posts: 5,734
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by mscomc View Post
In continuing with how great the 90's were....

What were some of your guy's favourite TV shows? Seeing is how im 24.., favourite cartoons were:

1) pinky and the brain
2) anamaninacs
3) Batman: the animated series
4) teenage mutant ninja turtles

... please tell me someone else remembers these
The best cartoons of all time came out of the 80s:

1. GI Joe
2. Transformers
3. He-Man
4. Thundercats
5. Silverhawks

Even the short-lived Star Wars spin-off cartoons, Ewoks and Droids, were better than anything that came out of the 90s.
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #38  
Old 02-20-2010, 11:48 AM
Tyburn's Avatar
Tyburn Tyburn is offline
Angry @ Injustice!
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: England
Posts: 16,923
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by mscomc View Post
2) anamaninacs

4) teenage mutant ninja turtles

... please tell me someone else remembers these
I Recall
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #39  
Old 02-20-2010, 02:45 PM
VCURamFan's Avatar
VCURamFan VCURamFan is offline
MMA, VCU, & Doctor Who
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: Basketball Capital of the World
Posts: 14,313
Send a message via AIM to VCURamFan
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by mscomc View Post
In continuing with how great the 90's were....

What were some of your guy's favourite TV shows? Seeing is how im 24.., favourite cartoons were:

1) pinky and the brain
2) anamaninacs
3) Batman: the animated series
4) teenage mutant ninja turtles

... please tell me someone else remembers these
Technically speaking, Pinky & the Brain were part of the Anamaniacs, much like Bugs & Daffy were part of Loony Toons.
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #40  
Old 02-20-2010, 04:44 PM
mscomc
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by NateR View Post
The best cartoons of all time came out of the 80s:

1. GI Joe
2. Transformers
3. He-Man
4. Thundercats
5. Silverhawks

Even the short-lived Star Wars spin-off cartoons, Ewoks and Droids, were better than anything that came out of the 90s.
Man! you ARE old!!!

i used to watch GI JOE and transformer re-runs all the time as a kid. Hey, I know its not from the 80's technically, but...did you ever watch the X-MEN cartoon?
Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT. The time now is 07:27 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.