Go Back   Matt-Hughes.com Official Forums > General Discussions > The Woodshed

Old 02-12-2010, 02:52 AM

Through the years I've had dogs, cats, a couple hamsters and several horses.

Right now we have 2 dogs and 2 cats but we are possibly getting 2 more dogs on Saturday (puppy and a rescue) and I'm so excited!!

I'll post a pic if we get the pup (and if anyone would like to see it :-)
Old 02-12-2010, 02:54 AM
SupaDupaMod

Send a message via Yahoo to Neezar

Quote:
Originally Posted by flo View Post
After reading the different things that happened to people's dogs, I've had this image in my mind:

Old 02-12-2010, 02:56 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neezar View Post
a little off topic but....so what. lol

I had a friend once who had a wolf as a pet. Terrible. Terrible idea. He had her about 2 years and then he got married and his wife got pregnant. Fast forward 5 years, he has two small children in the house that can't go in the fenced in back yard without an adult. Even though he has her in a 6 X 8 cage, she has gotten out before. And she (the wolf) paces back and forth, salvating with her head lowered and snarling. She hates being caged up. What kind of life is that for kids or the wolf?

People are crazy.
That's sickening. It's also torture, IMO.

And I hope you are kidding, Shawn, about using cats as footballs. They are God's creatures too, there is just no excuse for animal abuse.
Old 02-12-2010, 02:59 AM
SupaDupaMod

When we were little we had a shepard named 'Pepsi'. I was 1ish and sis was 3ish. Mom would come out and sit on the front porch while we played. We had a ditch in the front yard right before the road. If I hit the ditch she would come and pull me back into the yard. She said one day I hit the ditch and Pepsi got the back of my dress in his mouth and pulled me back in the yard. She said from then on she let him do the work. She said he faithfully patrolled that ditch when we were out there.

He got killed and Dad swore we would never have another dog.

We had one when I was 11. He got run over the second year.

Now I have Nitro and he is getting old and skinny. I think he may have cancer.

I am NEVER getting another pet.
Old 02-12-2010, 02:59 AM

I don't mean to sound preachy. But with kids and animals, I can't stand to see either hurt or abused in any way.
Old 02-12-2010, 03:00 AM
surveyorshawn

Quote:

And I hope you are kidding, Shawn, about using cats as footballs. They are God's creatures too, there is just no excuse for animal abuse.
Yes, I'm kidding....I don't like football! See my Saints post! Lol. I am allergic to cats now though, but I was not as a child...go figure! Last time I was around one my eyes almost swelled shut, and I couldn't stop sneezing.
Old 02-12-2010, 03:01 AM
SupaDupaMod

Quote:

I asked him why he didn't give her to one of his buddies who lives out in the country. He said he loves her too much.

Old 02-12-2010, 03:03 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neezar View Post
When we were little we had a shepard named 'Pepsi'. I was 1ish and sis was 3ish. Mom would come out and sit on the front porch while we played. We had a ditch in the front yard right before the road. If I hit the ditch she would come and pull me back into the yard. She said one day I hit the ditch and Pepsi got the back of my dress in his mouth and pulled me back in the yard. She said from then on she let him do the work. She said he faithfully patrolled that ditch when we were out there.

He got killed and Dad swore we would never have another dog.

We had one when I was 11. He got run over the second year.

Now I have Nitro and he is getting old and skinny. I think he may have cancer.

I am NEVER getting another pet.
Aww, that's sad, Denise. It's so hard to lose them, I know what you mean.

I have a friend that raises GSD and has won schutzhund events with them. She has told me some pretty amazing stories about them, ditto with some relatives. They are just such smart and loyal dogs, one of the smartest, if I remember correctly.
Old 02-12-2010, 03:05 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by surveyorshawn View Post
Yes, I'm kidding....I don't like football! See my Saints post! Lol. I am allergic to cats now though, but I was not as a child...go figure! Last time I was around one my eyes almost swelled shut, and I couldn't stop sneezing.
Sometimes I'm a little dense when it comes to people kidding, Shawn. (I'm glad you were!)
Old 02-12-2010, 03:06 AM
SupaDupaMod

Quote:
Aww, that's sad, Denise. It's so hard to lose them, I know what you mean.

I have a friend that raises GSD and has won schutzhund events with them. She has told me some pretty amazing stories about them, ditto with some relatives. They are just such smart and loyal dogs, one of the smartest, if I remember correctly.
I would LOVE to have a shepard. (I know what i just said about never, lol). But I can't leave my dog outside. And I can't stand dog hair in the house. Nitro is a min pin mixed with rat terrior and doesn't shed much. He is fairly easy to clean after. I guess I could get a shepard and keep him shaved.