Old 02-08-2010, 10:58 AM
SupaDupaMod

Send a message via Yahoo to Neezar

Great comments, too, Nate.
Old 02-08-2010, 12:04 PM
Mac

Quote:
Originally Posted by NateR View Post
So, is there a reason that he would have the front tires backwards?
the only reason ive ever seen anyone run one set of tires backwards from the other was for mud bogs.

See those are whats known as a directional tire , which means it is meant to work the best going in one certain direction , well ive seen some guys that will run the front ones the right direction and the rear ones backwards for mud bogs , because they say if they make it so far and stop , then with the rear tires facing backwards they have the same pull going backwards as they do going forwards and it gives them a better chance of backing out of the mud , but that monster truck doesnt see mud and im wondering if he didnt turn them around to try to improve his steering ,

your guess is as good as mine
Old 02-08-2010, 12:28 PM
Twinsmama

cool!!! I'm glad you guys got to go. We went last year when they came to Orlando. It was pretty cool. We had pit passes so we got all the drivers signatures and pictures with them. Each truck has a different driver so they can be in 2 cities at once. I love El Toro but he always rolls over and breaks his horns off! My son's favorite is Grave Digger and my daughter (and my husband's) favorite is the Scarlet Bandit. She is pretty of course!
Old 02-08-2010, 05:42 PM
CAMPO

So glad that you all had so much fun! Did you really tell the boys you were going to a Cheerleading Comp? HA HA Glad Mark was able to surprise them...that is cute!

Grave Digger was always my fave when I was little...

Hope everyone has a great week!
Old 02-08-2010, 06:03 PM
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mac View Post
the only reason ive ever seen anyone run one set of tires backwards from the other was for mud bogs.

See those are whats known as a directional tire , which means it is meant to work the best going in one certain direction , well ive seen some guys that will run the front ones the right direction and the rear ones backwards for mud bogs , because they say if they make it so far and stop , then with the rear tires facing backwards they have the same pull going backwards as they do going forwards and it gives them a better chance of backing out of the mud , but that monster truck doesnt see mud and im wondering if he didnt turn them around to try to improve his steering ,

your guess is as good as mine
So would that slow the truck down at all?
Old 02-08-2010, 07:06 PM
Mac

Quote:
Originally Posted by NateR View Post
So would that slow the truck down at all?
Not really , not on that dirt . Im sure he has a reason for doing it , but i cant figure it out , unless like i said , he is thinking it may give a bit more bite in the corners but i would think forward facing would be better.