Go Back   Matt-Hughes.com Official Forums > General Discussions > The Woodshed

Old 02-08-2010, 02:03 AM
Robertboxerboy

Ok some more info.(I was a little shookin up earlier)

The officer wrote me a faliure to yield but wrote it off also because I had "Obstruction of View" with all the cars parked along side the road, so i couldnt see her coming. They gave her a speeding ticket for going 40 in a 20 I believe. So I dont really think it was my fault because if your going 20 in a 20, you can easily stop before you hit a car.

And I dont think they will take my lisence away because A)this is the first time I have ever been in trouble with the law, ever, no wrecks no tickets, no warnings, no laws broken for anything, ever. B) They didnt take my license at the scene, so I will easily take defensive driving or a 60 day suspension I think. And I can handle that.
Old 02-08-2010, 04:05 AM
Miss Foxy

Don't be so sure your going to get off scott free. Rules/laws are implemented for a reason this is not something that should be taken lightly regardless of your clean record you broke a law..
Old 02-08-2010, 12:36 PM

i agree with miss foxy and i will add...

i don't have much patience for people who break laws and endanger others. If you want to poach deer, smoke weed, make moonshine, that's fine, just do it on your own time and property.

But a car is a two ton weapon that a little old lady or a 14 year old kid could use to kill ,though by accident, any one else. And that is taken way too lightly sometimes.

I have no use for lawbreakers that break the law and put other people at risk, especially drunk drivers. And it sounds like you're lucky you're just wanting your license to stay good, and you're not worried about what degree of manslaughter you're going to get convicted on.
Old 02-08-2010, 01:22 PM
Angry @ Injustice!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Robertboxerboy View Post
Ok some more info.(I was a little shookin up earlier)

The officer wrote me a faliure to yield but wrote it off also because I had "Obstruction of View" with all the cars parked along side the road, so i couldnt see her coming. They gave her a speeding ticket for going 40 in a 20 I believe. So I dont really think it was my fault because if your going 20 in a 20, you can easily stop before you hit a car.

And I dont think they will take my lisence away because A)this is the first time I have ever been in trouble with the law, ever, no wrecks no tickets, no warnings, no laws broken for anything, ever. B) They didnt take my license at the scene, so I will easily take defensive driving or a 60 day suspension I think. And I can handle that.

Well I'm glad noone is hurt, and that you dont seem to be in much trouble, but PLEASE take care. You now know what can happen if your not concentrating or dont stop when you should at a turning...next time you might not be so lucky...so make a promise to yourself that from now on you are going to be more careful...dont beat yourself up about it...but make sure that you dont let YOURSELF completely off the hook, you must vow to follow the Highway Code (if you have such a document in the U.S...I'm sure you do)

Let this event be one that you learn from, life is all about learning, and now you have learned something really important. Be positive rather then negative about this like some of the people in this thread...who advocate braking one law but not another...or who will be mean to you with stage whispers ...thats unkind, and unhelpful. What you need to do is give thanks that noone was hurt, and pledge not to break the law in that way again.

Old 02-08-2010, 01:24 PM
Angry @ Injustice!

Quote:
Originally Posted by adamt View Post
i agree with miss foxy and i will add...

i don't have much patience for people who break laws and endanger others. If you want to poach deer, smoke weed, make moonshine, that's fine, just do it on your own time and property.
But a car is a two ton weapon that a little old lady or a 14 year old kid could use to kill ,though by accident, any one else. And that is taken way too lightly sometimes.

I have no use for lawbreakers that break the law and put other people at risk, especially drunk drivers. And it sounds like you're lucky you're just wanting your license to stay good, and you're not worried about what degree of manslaughter you're going to get convicted on.

I havent much patience for people who pick and choose which laws to justify breaking. I'm not saying your wrong, but I certainly AM saying that that is not right
Old 02-08-2010, 01:46 PM
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Llamafighter View Post
Glad no one was hurt. What happened? were you paying attention or goofing off with your pals?
Great question! But just because U are always goofing off with your pals in the car doesn't mean he was.
Old 02-08-2010, 01:55 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mark View Post
Great question! But just because U are always goofing off with your pals in the car doesn't mean he was.
it's Lumpy and Eddie's fault. They're always foolin'.

[
Old 02-08-2010, 08:17 PM
Robertboxerboy

Thanks Mark and Dave

lets see as far as miss foxy saying i hope to get out scott free, umm i want to know where you misunderstood me. I know what happened was wrong. But insurance was 200 a month and now will pry double, thats clost to 6 thou a year, do you call the "scott" free? And that also adds some points to my license so if i do anything wrong I WILL loose my license. My fine is a 100 dollars, trust me there is nothing easy about this at all. and For defensive driving it is 40 dollars to rent the dvd, 30 dollars to sign up for the test over the internet, and another 30 to return the dvd.

and adam. Just because I got in a wreck, doesnt make me a bad kid, what you are making it out to be. And you also make it sound like i didnt care about the other person in the wreck, yes i screamed and shouted, probably made a sailor blush. But as soon as I was done and out of the car I was all about the operator of the opposite vehicle and asking them if they wanted an ambulance and if everyone was ok, WHILE I WAS ON THE PHONE WITH 911. I dont know if you were taught a couple things like teenagers make some stupid mistakes but we do. There is a reason they call crashes "accidents" not "on-purposes".

and she got a speeding ticket because the damage that was done could not happen if she was only going 20.

I take responsibility for the accident, my actions, everything. I think of myself as a stand-up man. So dont think I am just trying to shrug this off and forget about the whole situation. A car coming full speed at the side of my car will for ever be cemented into my memory
Old 02-08-2010, 08:33 PM

I'm glad no one was hurt, too.

{{Robert}}

Well, it's probably for the best, now it's out of the way and I bet it makes you more alert to your surroundings. Same thing happened to me years ago right after I got my license and it sort of made me more cautious.

Well, maybe not.
Old 02-08-2010, 09:04 PM
Robertboxerboy

thanks flo.