Go Back   Matt-Hughes.com Official Forums > MMA Related > Training/Nutrition

Old 02-05-2010, 04:31 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tyburn View Post
I try to drink a Ltr of water a day...but I ran out yesterday

Budgit is more important then weight "higher quality fuel" is fine so long as its not more expensive...I cant afford to go into debt...I live on a shoe string Meat and fish are VERRA expensive in England...I cant afford to buy the sort of raw meat you cook yourself...I simply dont have the funds to do that

I am trying to eat whenever possible, rather then just a few meals...and I also halve the portion size that I first want

The next thing will be to quit eating stuff that isnt fruit or veg after 9pm...because I think that if I eat...and then sleep...what happens to the food
They say the proper meat portion is the size of your palm.

Definitely don't take in any carbs or sugar after 9pm.
veggies and fruit are good snacks.

[
Old 02-05-2010, 05:10 PM
Angry @ Injustice!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Llamafighter View Post
They say the proper meat portion is the size of your palm.

Definitely don't take in any carbs or sugar after 9pm.
veggies and fruit are good snacks.
you know...the day I listed for you was a good day compared to what I used to eat...

But I am trying For me it boils down...im afraid, once again to intrinsic value.

If you believe that you were created by GOD and in His image...then should you not give yourself the love and respect you deserve and look after what GOD has given to you as a gift?

Sounds stupid and remote doesnt it...so let me put it another way...when I was on Holiday, Jens Pulver gave me a hat that he had. What do you suppose ive done with that? Do you think I'd drop it on the floor, or drag it in the dirt outside? and if I did do that...what would it say about my feelings towards Jens? How much can it be true that I admire him...if I damage the special gift he gave me...and isnt that rather rude and disrespectful of me?

Now it makes sense where I am coming from doesnt it...Because the Hat is in pride of place, on a little stand in my bedroom where I can gaze upon it daily.

Pity I couldnt manage to act the same way towards a larger and more personal gift from a Holy GOD...

I have frankly abused and neglected myself for at least 25 odd years, maybe slightly more...so this is a long and tough road for me...old habits are not going to change overnight...and there will be accidents...the point is to evaluate everything and do better next day.

I have lived my life, in the past three weeks in a way I have never lived it before
Old 02-05-2010, 06:27 PM

Kudos to you for making the steps to improve your health. every little bit helps.
Are you at least wearing the hat Jens got you?

[
Old 02-05-2010, 07:02 PM
Angry @ Injustice!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Llamafighter View Post
Kudos to you for making the steps to improve your health. every little bit helps.
Are you at least wearing the hat Jens got you?
Wearing I couldnt wear his hat...what if it got damaged

No it sits on its little stand on my dresser, pride of place, along with my other hat...a gift from Fighters Only Magazine
Old 02-05-2010, 09:40 PM
Angry @ Injustice!

7am wake
7.30am 1/3rd Ltr Water and 50mg Sertraline Hydrochloride taken with skimmed milk
8am Four Oat Cakes made With Cheese slice and Vending Chocolate
10am Porridge with skimmed milk and Vending Chocolate
12 Four Breaded Chicken burger portions, one portion of Vegetables comprised of steamed asparagus, Mug of Tea with skimmed milk 1/3rd Ltr Water
3pm Vending Chocolate and One Mango
4pm two cough sweets
5pm 1/3rd Ltr Water and Four oat cakes
6pm portion of Onion Rolls ooops
3 baked Peppers
9pm Vegetable soup and small bloomer
cup of Ribena
11pm sleep
Old 02-06-2010, 02:32 AM
Stump Rules!

Dave, how many hours a week do you work?

http://stumpdotcom.com/
Old 02-06-2010, 11:14 AM
Angry @ Injustice!

Quote:
Originally Posted by MattHughesRocks View Post
Dave, how many hours a week do you work?
I'm only contracted for thirty Eight...but I do about 41 I think

Old 02-06-2010, 02:24 PM
Stump Rules!

Good enough Dave.40 is considered a full time job here.Have you thought about taking on a second,part time job? You'd make some more money to eat better and have less time for sugar.Your young, you could handle it.

Quote:
I'm only contracted for thirty Eight...but I do about 41 I think

Old 02-06-2010, 03:32 PM
Angry @ Injustice!

Quote:
Originally Posted by MattHughesRocks View Post
Good enough Dave.40 is considered a full time job here.Have you thought about taking on a second,part time job? You'd make some more money to eat better and have less time for sugar.Your young, you could handle it.
Well at the Store 38 Hours is classed Full Time...beyond that your on a fixed Sallery, and thats only for management. I work the most hours on the department (outside of the manager and possibly the section leader who has just been appointed...he gets paid more per hour, but its not a sallery, so I dont think he should be working more...they are cutting back on overtime at present...I used to do heaps of that...but then I realized, unless your working a good number of hours extra, there is no point, it just gets lost in the tax

The problem with getting a second job would be that I dont want to stay in Harrogate. I dont want to spend time trying to get a part time job (when jobs are so difficult to come by) when what I really want to do is spend time looking for a full time job in a completely different area of the country...it feels like a waste of time...I dont want to be living here long enough to make that worthwhile...I want to be out of here before my half decade is up....preferably after Easter I feel I should be spending my time doing that...and I shall be starting next week (I stopped during December and January because I was ill and because noone was advertizing over Christmas) but now, like November...I need to begin again.
Old 02-07-2010, 05:53 AM
Stump Rules!

Why do you always have to have such long answers? This is the third or forth time I've read but because it was so long I didnt respond sooner

Ok so...bottom line...your not going to change anything really and this thread is a complete waste of my time

Later.

Quote:
Well at the Store 38 Hours is classed Full Time...beyond that your on a fixed Sallery, and thats only for management. I work the most hours on the department (outside of the manager and possibly the section leader who has just been appointed...he gets paid more per hour, but its not a sallery, so I dont think he should be working more...they are cutting back on overtime at present...I used to do heaps of that...but then I realized, unless your working a good number of hours extra, there is no point, it just gets lost in the tax

The problem with getting a second job would be that I dont want to stay in Harrogate. I dont want to spend time trying to get a part time job (when jobs are so difficult to come by) when what I really want to do is spend time looking for a full time job in a completely different area of the country...it feels like a waste of time...I dont want to be living here long enough to make that worthwhile...I want to be out of here before my half decade is up....preferably after Easter I feel I should be spending my time doing that...and I shall be starting next week (I stopped during December and January because I was ill and because noone was advertizing over Christmas) but now, like November...I need to begin again.