Go Back   Matt-Hughes.com Official Forums > General Discussions > The Woodshed

Old 02-03-2010, 07:17 PM
Angry @ Injustice!

Quote:
Originally Posted by TexasRN View Post
I remember most dreams. Some are good, some bad, all are freaky weird. I've been told I need to have a sleep study to see what's going on with me. I have pretty bad issues with sleep.

~Amy
issues like?? You sleep to much and cause yourself ME type fatigue? or you dont sleep and cause yourself deprivation as an insomniac? or you have a habit of just dropping off like a narcoleptic....? or sleep aponea...where you stop breathing whilst sleeping...??

I didnt know you had sleeping difficulties
Old 02-03-2010, 07:29 PM
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tyburn View Post
issues like?? You sleep to much and cause yourself ME type fatigue? or you dont sleep and cause yourself deprivation as an insomniac? or you have a habit of just dropping off like a narcoleptic....? or sleep aponea...where you stop breathing whilst sleeping...??

I didnt know you had sleeping difficulties
I have chronic insomnia, have had it since I was a small child. I can remember being less than 5 years old and not being able to sleep. Also, I have restless leg syndrome. And I don't go into deep stage 4 sleep. I am hyperaware while sleeping and even the slightest thing will wake me up. It causes pretty bad fatigue some days and I occasionally have to take meds for it.

~Amy
Old 02-03-2010, 07:50 PM
Angry @ Injustice!

Quote:
Originally Posted by TexasRN View Post
I have chronic insomnia, have had it since I was a small child. I can remember being less than 5 years old and not being able to sleep. Also, I have restless leg syndrome. And I don't go into deep stage 4 sleep. I am hyperaware while sleeping and even the slightest thing will wake me up. It causes pretty bad fatigue some days and I occasionally have to take meds for it.

~Amy
See I have a nerve in my left arm which occasionally likes to give me shyte when I lie down, and if thats the case, I have to lie with my arm underneith me so my full body weight effectively crushes and stops the nerve from...well...i dont know how to explain the feeling..movement I get sometimes

Now I had hyperawareness during my sleep, only for about a month during the height of my anxiety it would have been July-August 2003...it was HORRIBLE..I was afraid I'd miss something...and once awake I could never go back to sleep for ages...honnest...if someone sneezed in the next room i'd be like..."what was that!! whats happening!! what am I missing!!"
Old 02-03-2010, 07:53 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by VCURamFan View Post
I can remember my dreams for about 30-60min after waking up. If I wait much longer than that to describe them to someone, then I lose most of the "important" details.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bonnie View Post
Me too. Every once in a while I can remember what I dreamt, but for the most part I lose it after I'm awake. And, if I eat and go to sleep too soon after, I always have nightmares.
Thirded.
Old 02-03-2010, 07:54 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MattHughesRocks View Post
I had a dream about a week ago that I fought Matt Hughes and won. I'm awesome!
Old 02-03-2010, 07:58 PM

Speaking of sleep studies, I'm willing to bet a zillion bucks that, if you have one, they recommend getting a CPAP machine.

Don't get me wrong, I think there are some people helped by them but I also think it's the latest racket.
Old 02-03-2010, 08:14 PM
Allons-y

Send a message via AIM to VCURamFan

Oddly enough, I just fell asleep with the TV on & had some really weird dreams thanks to the Jerry Springer show.
Old 02-03-2010, 08:22 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by VCURamFan View Post
Oddly enough, I just fell asleep with the TV on & had some really weird dreams thanks to the Jerry Springer show.

Old 02-03-2010, 08:27 PM
Allons-y

Send a message via AIM to VCURamFan

Quote:
Originally Posted by flo View Post

It was kinda weird, it was just a bunch of big monsters roaring & bellowing at each other. The funniest part is when I woke up just before the end, all the contestants - I mean "guests" - were scrawny, skinny people, whereas in my dream they all made the Hulk look like a midget!
Old 02-03-2010, 10:36 PM
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by flo View Post
Speaking of sleep studies, I'm willing to bet a zillion bucks that, if you have one, they recommend getting a CPAP machine.

Don't get me wrong, I think there are some people helped by them but I also think it's the latest racket.

My brothers are both respiratory therapists. They've already said no on a CPap for me. They would love to stick one on me and take pictures of me sleeping. I guarantee it would be on the front of their Christmas cards next year. But no sleep apnea for me, I can say with 100% certainty that apnea is not my problem. But yes, CPap's are all the rage nowadays. I say we make designer ones for fashionistas and sell them. We'd make a killing.

~Amy