Go Back   Matt-Hughes.com Official Forums > General Discussions > Sports

Old 02-02-2010, 07:50 AM
Rev

Default SUPERBOWL

Just read an article that said d. Freeny may not play, if not, Breeze will have time to pick the colts apart.

Shockey is still favoring his knee and toe, without him on the field, Drew wont have his easy dump off that has saved them all season.

As for all of you who have written off the Saints, just wait, this is shaping into an awesome showdown.

Thoughts? Picks? Why?
Old 02-02-2010, 09:03 AM
Buzzard

I rooting for the Saints. I hope they can get to Manning like they did to Favre. If they can put the pressure on Manning, things could go their way. It would be nice for them to win in their first Super Bowl appearance.
Old 02-02-2010, 08:51 PM
Shoots like a girl

I dont think Freeney is out. They havent come right out and said that. I think they will suit him up and use him if they feel like they need to. Im in Indiana and HUGE Colts fan and Freeney being out makes me a lil nervous! I think the Saints will go marching in........................with their heads hung! LOL, or thats what Im hoping for anyway!
Old 02-02-2010, 10:07 PM
Miss Foxy

Saints are going to take it!!! #9 baby!!!
Old 02-07-2010, 11:13 PM
WAR CARDINALS!

There needs to be a law against other sports teams besides the Chicago Bulls using Alan Parson's "Sirius" for entrance music when they are introduced.

I hate when teams do that... -1 for the Saints.

Meanwhile, the Colts chose to use The Who.... +1 Colts.
Old 02-08-2010, 03:03 AM

The on-side kick should be banned I tell ya....BANNNNNNNNED!

Congrats to WHO DAT....et al....laissez les bon temps roulez....let the good times roll...

Last edited by Bonnie; 02-08-2010 at 03:16 AM.
Old 02-08-2010, 03:18 AM
WAR CARDINALS!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bonnie View Post
The on-side kick should be banned I tell ya....BANNNNNNNNED!

Congrats to WHO DAT....et al....
I wouldn't be surprised if you actually see some sportswriters saying the same thing in the coming weeks.

I don't think it should be banned, but I do think it's a bush-league move to call it at that point in the game. I think from now on we are going to start to see special teams coordinators draw up some different formations to help try to protect against that crap in big game situations. Especially after seeing both the Packers and now the Saints pull off 3rd quarter onside kicks in the playoffs this year.
Old 02-08-2010, 03:23 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by J.B. View Post
I wouldn't be surprised if you actually see some sportswriters saying the same thing in the coming weeks.

I don't think it should be banned, but I do think it's a bush-league move to call it at that point in the game. I think from now on we are going to start to see special teams coordinators draw up some different formations to help try to protect against that crap in big game situations. Especially after seeing both the Packers and now the Saints pull off 3rd quarter onside kicks in the playoffs this year.
Yeah, it didn't seem so bad when the Cowboys did it, but now, me no like so much.
Old 02-08-2010, 03:30 AM
WAR CARDINALS!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bonnie View Post
Yeah, it didn't seem so bad when the Cowboys did it, but now, me no like so much.
LOL, yeah I could care less if the Cards did it as long as they pulled it off. It's easy to mess those plays up and kick it out of bounds or not get it past the 40 yard line, then they end up giving up good field position. Thats why I don't think it should, and it probably never will, be banned.
Old 02-08-2010, 04:27 AM
Miss Foxy

Need I say more?? Who dat? SAINTS!!!