Go Back   Matt-Hughes.com Official Forums > General Discussions > The Woodshed

Old 02-01-2010, 12:53 AM
Angry @ Injustice!

Quote:
Originally Posted by MattHughesRocks View Post
It is sad but the people that own your property don't have to tell you that there is a sex offender next door anymore then if you live next to a police station them having to tell you of all the crime on your street.It's just not their responsibility.Most parents know about websites ( like I've put below) where you can see where the registered sex offenders live.
There are just too many of them.It's up to us to do our homework.

Scroll down to the bottom and click on "continue".Scroll down and click on the box next to "I have read the disclaimer" then "continue". You can enter information such a zip code, city ( this is for Ca. only but a lot of states have similar websites)

http://www.meganslaw.ca.gov/

I aggree. there are plenty of websites listing where these people live...and I dont know about the U.S but here in britian if you really didnt have your own computers, then there are public ones you can use for free in any library...there really isnt much excuse for not finding out for yourself...though perhaps you are better off knowing...I mean...so you now know where a sex offender lives...how does that help you?? There isnt much you can do about it is there...one should always be on guard for all the things Danelle mentioned that can happen to kids
Old 02-01-2010, 02:46 AM
Stump Rules!

Yes Dave, I have heard recently that we have libraries with computers

I always look at those sites when I move.I don't have small children living with me so I wouldn't be too concerned about a child molester living next door ( I'd have a real hard time not doing mean shyte to him) but I'd only be concerned if there was some rapist living near by.Anyway, yes, we need to take responsibility for ourselves and our children.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tyburn View Post
I aggree. there are plenty of websites listing where these people live...and I dont know about the U.S but here in britian if you really didnt have your own computers, then there are public ones you can use for free in any library...there really isnt much excuse for not finding out for yourself...though perhaps you are better off knowing...I mean...so you now know where a sex offender lives...how does that help you?? There isnt much you can do about it is there...one should always be on guard for all the things Danelle mentioned that can happen to kids

http://stumpdotcom.com/
Old 02-01-2010, 11:34 AM
Angry @ Injustice!

Quote:
Originally Posted by MattHughesRocks View Post
( I'd have a real hard time not doing mean shyte to him)
thats why I love you! So honnest, and so true!!