Go Back   Matt-Hughes.com Official Forums > General Discussions > The Woodshed

Old 01-30-2010, 07:57 PM
Black Mamba

Angry Pissed Beyond Belief About Sex Offenders

I just found out that a freakin sex offender lives than 5 houses away from me. We've been living in this place for 10 years. There's a school in my backyard. There's kids that live right in front of him. I am super pissed that no one was informed of this, especially knowing that kids are being put in danger! This perve got charged of having lewed acts with a kid under 14.

I cannot believe the management has never formed us. You know how many cases there are where a freakin perve lived right next door to kids, kidnapped them, molested them, and then killed them? Yes, I know we have the national sex offender map to assist people, but that's not enough. What about the people who don't have computers? The public needs to be informed in better ways when a freakin perve moves in. I'm sorry if invades their privacy, but once you take away a child's purity you don't deserve your privacy. So what if you served time? Child molesters are lowest piece of crap on this earth. I would rather live next to crack house than a freakin molester. Well, I actually do, right in front of me. But that's besides the point.
Old 01-30-2010, 08:30 PM
WAR CARDINALS!

There should be an island that we ship all of those people to.
Old 01-30-2010, 08:39 PM
bradwright

Quote:
Originally Posted by J.B. View Post
like a modern day Australia i suppose.
pedophiles like this guy should never be set free into society.
Old 01-30-2010, 08:42 PM
Stump Rules!

It is sad but the people that own your property don't have to tell you that there is a sex offender next door anymore then if you live next to a police station them having to tell you of all the crime on your street.It's just not their responsibility.Most parents know about websites ( like I've put below) where you can see where the registered sex offenders live.
There are just too many of them.It's up to us to do our homework.

Scroll down to the bottom and click on "continue".Scroll down and click on the box next to "I have read the disclaimer" then "continue". You can enter information such a zip code, city ( this is for Ca. only but a lot of states have similar websites)

http://www.meganslaw.ca.gov/

http://stumpdotcom.com/
Old 01-30-2010, 08:43 PM
Oddtodd76

Quote:
And then blow it up!
Old 01-30-2010, 08:46 PM
WAR CARDINALS!

Quote:
Originally Posted by MattHughesRocks View Post
It is sad but the people that own your property don't have to tell you that there is a sex offender next door anymore then if you live next to a police station them having to tell you of all the crime on your street.It's just not their responsibility.Most parents know about websites ( like I've put below) where you can see where the registered sex offenders live.
There are just too many of them.It's up to us to do our homework.

Scroll down to the bottom and click on "continue".Scroll down and click on the box next to "I have read the disclaimer" then "continue". You can enter information such a zip code, city ( this is for Ca. only but a lot of states have similar websites)

http://www.meganslaw.ca.gov/
I actually thought that sex offenders were supposed to notify their neighbors? Maybe that is just in some states, not sure.
Old 01-30-2010, 08:52 PM
Stump Rules!

No, sex offenders just have to register with the police station.And every time they move too. Some are monitored more closely then others.I certainly wouldnt count on a sex offened to notify me when he moves next door

Quote:
I actually thought that sex offenders were supposed to notify their neighbors? Maybe that is just in some states, not sure.

http://stumpdotcom.com/
Old 01-30-2010, 09:01 PM
WAR CARDINALS!

Quote:
Originally Posted by MattHughesRocks View Post
No, sex offenders just have to register with the police station.And every time they move too. Some are monitored more closely then others.I certainly wouldnt count on a sex offened to notify me when he moves next door
I wouldn't count on it either, but I know that in some cases they are required to do it. I'm not sure what the criteria for that is or how it works in each state, but I know it exists. It's even a cliche that has been used in tv/movies quite a bit, where a sex-offender has to go around and get signatures from their neighbors.

What really gets me is that they would ever let someone who has committed a sex crime against a child live in such close proximity to a school. Or, the even bigger question, why do they let them out of jail at all?
Old 01-30-2010, 09:04 PM
rearnakedchoke

If you truly new the real amount of sex offenders and pedophiles in your area you'd be even more shocked .. its sick
Old 01-30-2010, 09:18 PM

I actually have had the same thought through the years as JB. Reopen Alcatraz and put all the pedophiles there, boat in supplies once a week. Let them victimize each other and keep the rest of the public safe.

I know what you're saying, Black Mamba, but I think that the system does let us know in that there are websites that shows where they are residing in one's area. I usually don't look at it because it's so depressing (I believe we have 7 in our neighborhood, levels 1-3).

Here are a couple of sites:

Govt - http://www.nsopw.gov/Core/Conditions.aspx

Here's one for our state - http://ml.waspc.org/