Go Back   Matt-Hughes.com Official Forums > MMA Related > MMA

Old 01-22-2009, 11:27 PM
Country Breakfast

Talking MMA Superfight Possible For April

Quote:
A Feb. 13 WarGods and Ken Shamrock Productions event at the Fresno Arena in Fresno, Calif., features Frank Shamrock in the main event and fellow UFC trailblazer David “Tank” Abbott in the co-headline bout.

After the “The Valentine”s Eve Massacre” show, a Ken Shamrock vs. Tank Abbott fight could take place in April.

According to an official announcement from KSP, the Shamrock-Abbott fight is in the “final stages of negotiations.”

It’s tentatively planned for late April in Reno, Nev.

“There are a lot of fans that have followed this for years, die-hard fans, who want to see this and reminisce a little bit,” stated Shamrock, who turns 45 next month.

First up, though, Ken Shamrock (26-13-2) meets Ross Clifton (6-8), a super-heavyweight who’s 1-5 in his past six fights and is around 360 pounds. All six of Clifton’s victories have ended in the first round—three in less than a minute.

Tank Abbott (9-14), meanwhile, returns to action for the first time since his February 2008 loss to Kevin “Kimbo Slice” Ferguson. Abbott, who debuted at UFC 6 and fought for the heavyweight title at UFC 15, has lost eight of his past nine fights (all in the first round). He now takes on Mike Bourke (8-11-1), a King of the Cage veteran who’s 1-7 (with one no-contest) in his past nine fights.

The Feb. 13 WarGod/KSP show also features notables Wesley “Cabbage” Correira, Tonya Evinger, Josh Haynes, Ashe Bowman and Jennifer Tate. Bo Cantrell, Ken Shamrock’s original opponent, and Ryan Shamrock, Ken’s son, were both scratched from the line-up due to injuries.

The full card includes:

Ross Clifton vs. Ken Shamrock
Tank Abbott vs. Mike Bourke
BJ Lacy vs. Kyacey Uscola
Mike Moreno vs Gary Padilla
Wesley “Cabbage” Correira vs. Buddy Roberts
Ashe Bowman vs Isaac De Jesus
Nathan James vs. Rick Reeves
Jen Babcock vs. Jennifer Tate
Tonya Evinger vs TBA
Zoila Frausto vs Karina Halliman
Darrin Freeman vs Tony Johnson
Josh Haynes vs Rafeal Del Rio
Old 01-23-2009, 12:17 AM
Max

the best fighter on that card is TBA
Old 01-23-2009, 12:22 AM
jignpig

Quote:
Originally Posted by Max
Old 01-23-2009, 04:16 AM
MMA, VCU, & Doctor Who

Send a message via AIM to VCURamFan

Hmmm....

TBA FTW!!!!!
Old 01-23-2009, 04:27 AM
matthughesfan21

First up, though, Ken Shamrock (26-13-2) meets Ross Clifton (6-8), a super-heavyweight who’s 1-5 in his past six fights and is around 360 pounds. All six of Clifton’s victories have ended in the first round—three in less than a minute.

Tank Abbott (9-14), meanwhile, returns to action for the first time since his February 2008 loss to Kevin “Kimbo Slice” Ferguson. Abbott, who debuted at UFC 6 and fought for the heavyweight title at UFC 15, has lost eight of his past nine fights (all in the first round). He now takes on Mike Bourke (8-11-1), a King of the Cage veteran who’s 1-7 (with one no-contest) in his past nine fights.

how's either of these considered a "superfight".....GSP/Penn=superfight....Tank/Bourke=I'd rather gouge my eyes out with a rusty spoon
Old 01-23-2009, 05:01 AM
MMA, VCU, & Doctor Who

Send a message via AIM to VCURamFan

Quote:
Originally Posted by matthughesfan21

how's either of these considered a "superfight".....GSP/Penn=superfight....Tank/Bourke=I'd rather gouge my eyes out with a rusty spoon
Well said.
Old 01-23-2009, 11:37 AM
Country Breakfast

Quote:
Originally Posted by matthughesfan21

I was being sarcastic.
Old 01-23-2009, 11:38 AM
KevinD

this is getting sad.
Old 01-23-2009, 12:20 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Max
Quote of the year!!

I see these fights all ending my "complete lack of dignity"!

[
Old 01-23-2009, 12:51 PM
Crisco

Evinger has decent skills haha.

I think Ken subs Tank but knowing can he will probably stand with tank.

Tank will lose because its impossible for him to ever win a fight again.