Go Back   Matt-Hughes.com Official Forums > General Discussions > Christianity

Old 02-02-2010, 02:39 AM
MMA, VCU, & Doctor Who

Send a message via AIM to VCURamFan

Quote:
Originally Posted by NateR View Post
Matthew 12:30:
"He who is not with Me is against Me, and he who does not gather with Me scatters abroad."

Anyone who does not serve GOD, serves Satan. There is no middle ground and there is no fence sitting.
You beat me to it.
Old 02-02-2010, 11:27 AM
Angry @ Injustice!

Quote:
Originally Posted by NateR View Post
Matthew 12:30:
"He who is not with Me is against Me, and he who does not gather with Me scatters abroad."

Anyone who does not serve GOD, serves Satan. There is no middle ground and there is no fence sitting.
This si not about serving anyone though, or fullfilling any mission...this could just be about a kind of disease.

Do you believe that Disease is brought about by Sin? or do you believe that Disease can be Demonic Possession? The Bible clearly states that a possibility during several of Jesus conducted exorcisms...however....what about someone born with a disease...?

Are somethings not just the product of a fallen world?
Old 02-02-2010, 12:43 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by rearnakedchoke View Post
What are your takes on it?

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Stigmata
oh it is about as believable as flying or esp or walking through walls, makes for a good story though
Old 02-02-2010, 12:44 PM

or comic book
Old 02-02-2010, 03:22 PM
Miss Foxy

This whole thread scares me.. Yes, I am a chicken... The word Stigmata scares the daylights outta me...
Old 02-02-2010, 04:37 PM
Angry @ Injustice!

Quote:
Originally Posted by adamt View Post
oh it is about as believable as flying or esp or walking through walls, makes for a good story though
Most form of Extra Sensory Perception can be explained scientifically...or at least science has some rather good theories...Empathy and Telepathy are the most scientific...the Human Body runs on Electricity, which means it gives out electrical signals...if you were able to pick those electrical signals up and be able to interpret them...you'd be doing no more then a satalite does.

Levitation and Telekinesis are harder to explain, or give theories and ive heard everything from mind over matter, to the ability to use dark matter, if you could manipulate an invisable force of matter, technically speaking it would not be a great feat at all, you wouldnt technically be flying, and you would technically be extending yourself to whatever it is you were moving.

Astral Projections...are real, and have been tried out with limited success so it is claimed by various militaries, Teleportation...well...I wont go into that one

again...if I were to be convinced any of the above existed, I would still say that it points to science and not to demonic forces.

Astrology and Mediumships are also true, the Bible gives examples of both, the latter was when some guy tried to sumon up a dead Christian (who wasnt too pleased to be disturbed) the former...well just what do you think the Magi that visited the Christ were? The Stars had fortold the birth of a Great King...and they followed patterns of the heavens for years to get to see Jesus...they also brought Gifts that reflected events of his future life.

9 out of 10 who claim to have powers are frauds, and we are banned from consulting or doing something like that unless it is direct revelation from GOD as in the case of the gift of Prophetic Ministry...I would say that those who are not frauds in this area ARE in consultation with demonic forces.