Old 01-29-2010, 06:10 PM
rearnakedchoke

Default Stigmata

What are your takes on it?

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Stigmata
Old 01-29-2010, 07:29 PM
Angry @ Injustice!

I believe that it can happen.

I'm not sure if I believe its the epitome of Psycho-Somatism...or if I believe its a gift beyond Human personal attainment.

rejoycing in the mystic tradition, I would like to think it were the latter, but being a social scientist I can understand how it could be the former.

My Gran never had Stigmata...but she had a big passion with Easter...It is very ironic then that she died on Easter Sunday...the Crucifixition...and I say Crucifixtion rather then ressurection here for a reason...is a little under-rated in its power. The reason for that is that we cant identify with the power of the ressurection...we have not yet experienced that. But almost everyone has been touched personally by the death of someone they loved, and sometimes its a cruel and nasty death...and sometimes we are reminded of the fallen and sinful nature of present day creation...and we are aware we are part of it...and we dont feel...worthy...we dont think it is right that someone should love us enough to die in our place...because we understand pain we invisage the suffering...and we feel sad...we wish it had almost never happened because it is a most heartbreaking thought that someone would have to/or be willing to die for you...after all...what makes you so important? who do you think you are? what will you really achieve in your life that makes you a person worth dying for?

...and I dont mean dying like in a sad song...I mean being beaten to death, being stabbed with sharp impliments...forced labour, humiliation infront of everyone...hanging alone for hours suspended in mid air unable to breath...let me tell you that Crucifixition is perhaps one of the worst ways you can possibly die...it takes HOURS, its slow, and its painful...

We can all identify with that kinda horror...but we cant identify so well with a ressurection because we are human, we cant comprehend something like that very well.

Incase you hadnt realized...there are usually two types of Christians...those who dwell on the Incarnation (they dwell on who Christ is, the paradox of GOD and Man) and their are those who dwell on the Ressurection (what Christ did) and part of that...a LARGE part of that is Passion-Tide

Going back to Stigmata...when one is so close to Christ one takes on his likeness one begins to see things differently. They begin to see people differently, they may identify with various vocations, perhaps service, perhaps charity, perhaps praise...perhaps empathy. Perhaps just like they share in his ressurection, they can also identify and almost share in his pain and suffering...You find yourself angry about the things he would have been angry about...you find yourself marvelling at what he would have given thanks for...you find yourself weeping for the lost...you find yourself in deep and traumatic pain at Passion-Tide.

Feel that strong enough...and maybe your mind can make it happen....or maybe GOD will bless you with a fuller revelation...to know something of the physical...its why those radicals in the Orient actually do Crucify themselves (for a very short period of time) around easter...as a means to identifying with and drawing near in faith to GOD
Old 01-29-2010, 07:36 PM
Angry @ Injustice!

...the power of the Crucifixition alone (prior to the Ressurection) already ruine