Go Back   Matt-Hughes.com Official Forums > General Discussions > Sports

Old 01-29-2010, 12:46 PM
WAR CARDINALS!

Default Tim Tebow

I just read Sports Illustrated's mock draft and they are projecting Tim Tebow to go to the Arizona Cardinals in the late first round if Kurt Warner retires today as expected.

http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/201...t.3/index.html

Honestly, I am not sure that's gonna happen, and if it did I'm not really sure how I would feel about it.

What does everybody else think about Tebow? Where do you guys see him going?
Old 01-29-2010, 05:02 PM

I just read about him, JB. He sounds pretty impressive. What are you balking at, his age?

He's a big quarterback. Sounds like he can throw and run the ball. I think that could make things exciting.
Old 01-29-2010, 05:10 PM
billwilliams70

I also saw something that someone's projecting him to go to New England....that they have the picks to play around with.

I also read that he could end up in Jacksonville (home town) just so they can put butts in the seats......

My big question is this. With as many 'technical deficiencies' Tebow has, how long do you think it will take for him to develop in the NFL? It took Aaron Rogers a bit in Green Bay. He HAS improved since Monday morning at Senior Bowl practice. But what will we see of him at the game? Miami's coaches will put him in a position to succeed and we may not really see how he'd do in a pro-style offense.

If Tebow is thrown to the wolves and expected to start at QB right away, I don't think he'll have a good rookie season, but if he's actually mentored and coached well.....I think he'll prove all of the people that said he'd fail wrong and do just fine.

Later.
Old 01-29-2010, 05:16 PM
matthughesfan21

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bonnie View Post
I just read about him, JB. He sounds pretty impressive. What are you balking at, his age?

He's a big quarterback. Sounds like he can throw and run the ball. I think that could make things exciting.
he's got all the signs of a great college QB, but nothing in the NFL...He isn't the typical pro style QB...His leadership is there, he can run, but the NFL is much faster, so that may not always be an option...His arm isn't there as much as other QB's in the league....I like Tebow, but I don't see him being that successful in the NFL
Old 01-29-2010, 05:17 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by billwilliams70 View Post
I also saw something that someone's projecting him to go to New England....that they have the picks to play around with.

I also read that he could end up in Jacksonville (home town) just so they can put butts in the seats......

My big question is this. With as many 'technical deficiencies' Tebow has, how long do you think it will take for him to develop in the NFL? It took Aaron Rogers a bit in Green Bay. He HAS improved since Monday morning at Senior Bowl practice. But what will we see of him at the game? Miami's coaches will put him in a position to succeed and we may not really see how he'd do in a pro-style offense.

If Tebow is thrown to the wolves and expected to start at QB right away, I don't think he'll have a good rookie season, but if he's actually mentored and coached well.....I think he'll prove all of the people that said he'd fail wrong and do just fine.

Later.
Why all the naysayers? He sounds "promising".
Old 01-29-2010, 05:32 PM
matthughesfan21

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bonnie View Post
Why all the naysayers? He sounds "promising".
I like Tebow as I have already said...I've watched him play and he is an amazing college level QB, but the NFL is a whole different monster and he doesn't have the arm or the accuracy to make it at that position in the NFL unless he makes some improvements...He didn't look good at the senior bowl either which doesn't help the opinions..

You say he sounds promising because of everything he has done in college, that doesn't mean shyte in the NFL, plenty of great college players have been complete busts..I hope he can be successful, but I just don't really see it happening
Old 01-29-2010, 05:43 PM
billwilliams70

Default I'm a fan of Tim Tebow!

Quote:
Originally Posted by matthughesfan21 View Post
I like Tebow as I have already said...I've watched him play and he is an amazing college level QB, but the NFL is a whole different monster and he doesn't have the arm or the accuracy to make it at that position in the NFL unless he makes some improvements...He didn't look good at the senior bowl either which doesn't help the opinions..

You say he sounds promising because of everything he has done in college, that doesn't mean shyte in the NFL, plenty of great college players have been complete busts..I hope he can be successful, but I just don't really see it happening
The Senior Bowl hasn't actually happened yet.

Tebow's first day of practice for the Senior Bowl was extremely difficult. He had to take snaps under center, read defenses & routes during the 3,5,7 drops and he had a difficult time doing so. He's since made improvements, but is still a risk to take early in the draft because of the areas that he needs to improve in. I feel that he will make those improvements though, but they're not gonna come overnight.

He is, in many eyes/minds/hearts, the greatest college player ever and you're right, that doesn't mean much in the NFL, but I think that it's his drive and determination to always do better that will make him an (eventual) success in the NFL, not an immediate or an overnight success, but in the long term, I think that he'll do fine.

I keep praying for him and will not speak negativity into his life.

Later.
Old 01-29-2010, 05:49 PM
matthughesfan21

Quote:
The Senior Bowl hasn't actually happened yet.

Tebow's first day of practice for the Senior Bowl was extremely difficult. He had to take snaps under center, read defenses & routes during the 3,5,7 drops and he had a difficult time doing so. He's since made improvements, but is still a risk to take early in the draft because of the areas that he needs to improve in. I feel that he will make those improvements though, but they're not gonna come overnight.

He is, in many eyes/minds/hearts, the greatest college player ever and you're right, that doesn't mean much in the NFL, but I think that it's his drive and determination to always do better that will make him an (eventual) success in the NFL, not an immediate or an overnight success, but in the long term, I think that he'll do fine.

I keep praying for him and will not speak negativity into his life.

Later.
I know it hasn't happened yet, i was referring to exactly what you just mentioned...I just don't think his style of play will fit into a pro style offense...If he went to a team that adopted an option style offense, he may have an easier team...Your right though, his work ethic and determination is outstanding, which leads me to believe that he will pick up and learn the pro style offense, but he still doesn't have the big arm to make those passes
Old 01-29-2010, 05:58 PM
billwilliams70

Quote:
Originally Posted by matthughesfan21 View Post
I know it hasn't happened yet, i was referring to exactly what you just mentioned...I just don't think his style of play will fit into a pro style offense...If he went to a team that adopted an option style offense, he may have an easier team...Your right though, his work ethic and determination is outstanding, which leads me to believe that he will pick up and learn the pro style offense, but he still doesn't have the big arm to make those passes
True, he does lack the arm strength to throw the long ball, and that can't be taught. He's got enough to throw far enough though.

Later.
Old 01-29-2010, 06:08 PM
matthughesfan21

Quote:
True, he does lack the arm strength to throw the long ball, and that can't be taught. He's got enough to throw far enough though.

Later.
he can throw it far enough, yes...but on timing patterns and stuff, when you need to put some mustard on it to get it there before the DB jumps the route, I think he will be missing that velocity there...He needs work on his accuracy also