Go Back   Matt-Hughes.com Official Forums > MMA Related > UFC

Old 02-16-2009, 04:34 PM
hizo64

Hmm seems I missed an interesting thread... darn it! I felt like arguing with someone!!
Old 02-16-2009, 05:03 PM
Angry @ Injustice!

Quote:
Originally Posted by rockdawg21
1) Why not complain to the source, Mr. White? When I was a teenager and if I had a problem with somebody, I confronted them. I didn't go to their mommy and daddy and ask them to handle the situation for me. A person could simply schedule an appointment to meet with him when he isn't busy. That's just a simple phone call and ask them guy for a few minutes of his time to express concerns, ask questions, etc.

2) If the UFC started bringing in a bunch of bums to head main events, nobody would buy them. It would be the demise of the UFC and the start of another organization. At least, that's how I feel.

3) It's like shopping at Wal-Mart, I don't agree with the way their workers are treated, but I still shop there because it saves me money. As long as the UFC keeps putting on fights that I enjoy watching, I'll keep buying PPV events and watching the shows on Spike. Like I said, fighters should speak up for themselves and go personally to Dana if they have any issues. I'm quite certain that Dana would respect them more if they brought the problems directly to him instead of going to the press or just complaining in radio shows and things like that. If they don't like the way the meeting was handled, they can go and fight elsewhere. Besides, Affliction is paying fighters much more than the UFC.

4) Sorry to hear what happened to you in your past. There are some companies who are quite large, like Wal-Mart, who I feel abuse their power. However, one thing I do know about Dana is he definitely would appreciate a guy who has the balls to confront him about issues and if they don't like the way Dana is handling it, they can leave.
1) Because Dana White already knows what he's doing is wrong...what is going to him going to solve...except getting antsy and thus giving him true reason to want rid of you. Dont you see...if he believed you should be in the institution in the first place he wouldnt be sacking you. You need a higher authority to keep him in line. When you get a letter of termination and you cause a scene you only do yourself harm. They arent going to retract it because you sit in their office and say "please" Honnestly...

2) It wouldnt last long enough. Thats the issue. How long canm a fighter last without any money...or before some camp decides to go back to work? You cant ALL strike indeffinately, and Mr White knows that...and he's made it so you cant just pull out and fight for someone else. You in essence, CANT resign. Unless you want to go to Court...but remember that would be on top of having no income. Verses a million dollar company.

Tell me...if the UFC vanished tommorow...how would you get to watch events on your TV. most local shows arent on the networks. Fans would have exactly the same reaction, avoid one or two shows...then they would return unless they could find an equally accessable, regular and preferably cheaper ulternative.

I guarentee you Mr White can wait longer then the fighters and fans, because he only needs a minimal proportion of them to reconsider. Can you guarentee that fans actually wouldnt pay to see bum fights? Do you see boycotts with fans over the UFC at present when they treat people badly? People are all full of principle until they have to act on it...then suddenly..well the what the UFC are doing is terribly sad and unfair...BUT...

3) I dont really think Dana White cares do you? In any other organisation going to the press would be exactly LIKE going to a Union, because of public accountability...but go to the press as an athlete...and all you get is people posting an opinion poll in response.

4) Do you understand the term Constructive Dismissal? It wasnt Wal-Mart...it was The Church of England. It was a civil case...which means the Jury and Judge is the prosecution. You need to convince the people who are trying to remove you they are wrong. Thing is...they wouldnt be trying to get rid of you if they thought you were right would they The only way to win is if the Civil Case involves a third party. Mine did not. Or to undermine the integrity of the Prosecution. I did that. I watched them like a hawk and when they broke protocol, I pounced. They still found me guilty, but they couldnt punish me because I had rendered them, as individuals, untrustworthy and unable to follow the rules concerning such things. I had people who wanted me to go public, a family member of mine is in Parliament, another has links with publishers. I refused. Why? because I recognised the disgrace it would bring, not just to the person...but to their office, and that Historic Office is bigger then the both of us, existed before we arrived, continues after we've departed. I couldnt shame the place I loved the most despite how they wronged me...and there was no Union to help me. I didnt even know my legal rights. I had strong allies who were able to get me a social drink with some off duty law people who could tell me what rights I had and how I could exercise them...or try to.

Course the time has past...this summer will mark the fifth year since that saga. I've moved on. But I have experience on the receiving end of some of this stuff. I know what Sean Sherk feels like when wrongly accused, when he has to face a Civil Case which is nigh on impossible for the defendant to win. I know how it feels to be mistreated by a large institution, thats headed by politicians and business men who, trust me, do not care about your view, do not care if you dissagree with them, dont want to listen to your complaints, and will not be moved by your innocence because THEY put you in that position in the first place. I do not believe in Slavery, and that IS a kind of slavery. Unions may be a pain in the arse...but not to the employees...just to the companines...which...on the whole deserve it.
Old 02-16-2009, 05:14 PM
Angry @ Injustice!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spiritwalker

1)Well.. Maybe the UFC just says "F you Union.. " A union is not needed. If you think that a Union is the only think that would make changes.. welll.. your.. just.. UNAMERCIAN!!!

2) No unions and we are doing pretty good... hmmm interesting. Most larger companies and smaller.. protect their workers.. I guess it depends on what you view as "wronged".. We have many labor laws..

There has never been a wally world union in the states.. and besides.. the workers couldn't afford to pay for it.. and most are too stupid to get their lazy arses to work on TIME.. let alone for a union meeting..
1) I'm English. ...and the UFC wouldnt dare do that to a Union, because Unions have LEGAL backings. They are like Moral Enforcers for Mass Employees

2) As If...do the UFC protect their employees???

3) do you want to rephrase that with the knowledge of my current employer

You dont even know what a Union is do you...you dont need everyone to turn in for "Union" meetings you'd need one person to act as a Representative of a Union...which would probably have its own staff aswell. Trust me...like it or not, the UFC wont go on much further before some fighters get anoyed enough to start creating one.

Even Americans want to ensure their individual rights are protected from big institutions. Mark my words, it will happen if the UFC doesnt start treating better and paying more
Old 02-16-2009, 05:27 PM
SupaDupaMod

Send a message via Yahoo to Neezar

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tyburn
1) I'm English. ...and the UFC wouldnt dare do that to a Union, because Unions have LEGAL backings. They are like Moral Enforcers for Mass Employees

2) As If...do the UFC protect their employees???

3) do you want to rephrase that with the knowledge of my current employer

You dont even know what a Union is do you...you dont need everyone to turn in for "Union" meetings you'd need one person to act as a Representative of a Union...which would probably have its own staff aswell. Trust me...like it or not, the UFC wont go on much further before some fighters get anoyed enough to start creating one.

Even Americans want to ensure their individual rights are protected from big institutions. Mark my words, it will happen if the UFC doesnt start treating better and paying more
Americans have a long history with unions. Why don't you google it? In most cases unions do more harm than good here in America.
Old 02-16-2009, 05:29 PM
SupaDupaMod

Send a message via Yahoo to Neezar

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tyburn
1) I'm English.

1) That explains everything.

Mark my words, the worst thing that could happen to fighters is to attempt to form a union.
Old 02-16-2009, 06:16 PM
Angry @ Injustice!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neezar
Americans have a long history with unions. Why don't you google it? In most cases unions do more harm than good here in America.
really

why dont you expound on that
Old 02-16-2009, 06:16 PM
Angry @ Injustice!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neezar
1) That explains everything.
it comes in handy as a great excuse
Old 02-16-2009, 06:40 PM
I'm kind of a big deal

As an example, labor unions are one of the many reasons why the American auto industry is suffering. Some of those dock workers, the guys who drive forklifts for a living, make $30-$50 an hour. That's hardly a skilled labor to warrant such a high earning. With tens of thousands of employees paid like that, it's no wonder they can't make a profit.
Old 02-16-2009, 07:02 PM
hizo64

I have to agree, I hate Unions, they ran all the mines out of business for making such lucrative demands. Also our fire departments here are union and it took them and their uunion two years to get a .20 cent raise out of the city. Unions are ridiculous...
Old 02-16-2009, 08:21 PM
KENTUCKYREDBONE

Unions originally had a good idea but now they are just a money grabbing arm of the Democrat party!