Go Back   Matt-Hughes.com Official Forums > General Discussions > The Woodshed

Old 01-28-2010, 08:49 PM
Angry @ Injustice!

Question where have you lived?

How many places of residence have you been through?

I was born in a house on Newark Road, which is a main arterial road that leads into Lincoln from the North Hykeham suberb. My Family had only just moved to the city, and had already moved house from Brant Road (another arterial road entering Lincoln from Bracebridge Heath) I lived their from 1982-1985 I dont remember a thing about it

This is me in that House I must have been about four/five years old because

Then my Family moved to the Swallowbeck suberb of Lincoln. We had a detached House with a huge back Garden which was loaned to us for pennies from the council. I lived in that house from 1986-2000. It was the sorta dream house you'd want to raise children in, it had a back Garden, one Side Garden with a pond, and a front Garden, it had three fully matured apple trees on the property (one was a cooker) and one pear tree. It had two conservatories (one was taken down) a single Garage Two porches, Three gated entrances, two at the front and one at the side (but the side one wasnt in use) on the ground floor it had a big lounge and dinning room, then three Bedrooms, a small toilet, a kitchen, a small reception room as part of the corridor and a lobby. Upstairs was a major bathroom, another bedroom and a large study, there was undereves storage on that level the length of the building and also a loft above. (we only lacked a celler )

The family arrived in Harrogate on August 8th 2000 and took up residence in a three leveled Terrace in the Dragon Estate. The property has a tiny front and back garden, no Garage so on street parking only although there is a back road. On the ground floor it has a living room, a dinning room, a kitchen, a washroom and a toilet. It has a tiny cellar beneith. The next level has two bedrooms and a bathroom, and the top level has two bedrooms and a tiny toilet with a tiny undereve storage area and a small loft above. I dont really like the house very much, but it was my base when I was at University or back from London. so primarily I lived their for August 2000, between July and August 2003 and September 2005-February 2006

Revis Barber Halls of Residence room G8 was my first room on the Laisteridge Lane off campus at The University of Bradford. I lived their from September 2000-September 2001 I loved that little room. it had everything I needed except for a toilet. These were shared with the corridor

Talbot Street of Bradford was where the Ill-fated attempt at a student house share tried to occure. The House was a tiny Terrace of three floors, a Livingroom and Kitchen on the ground floor (no dinning room) Two Bedrooms on the first floor with the toilet and two Bedrooms on the top floor. We did have an expansive cellar though...unfortunately the house was run down and in terrible conditions and in a problem area of bradford. When you turned the light on in the cellar, you could see it through the Kitchen floor Then someone on our street started to poisen all the rats...and one died in the walls, so we had to excavate the staircase to retrieve the corpses which began to odour the house Eventually we abandoned the property. I lived there from September 2001-March 2002

Dennis Bellamy Halls of Residence room J18....and yes...the lift never worked This was a solitary time as I was also kinda in hiding from certain people who were out to get me I lived their from April - September 2002.

Charles Morris Halls of Residence Room B16 this was the best halls of residence ever, the rooms were massive, but there was still shared lavs I lived in this hall for much of my anas horibilis from September 2002 - July 2003

Pearman Street in London. You know this house was so unsuitable and so...horrible. I mean it was a nasty end terrace, terribly modern but sorta clinically cold. It had a front yard and back garden, on the ground floor was the Kitchen/dinning room, Lounge, Toilet, prayer room, and conservatory. On the first floor there was three bedrooms and a bathroom, and on the top floor another two bedrooms. My room was smaller then the room I had in University Halls. it was like a cell The house ozzed saddness if that is possible. The place held an atmosphere of dispair...although it became better in my second year of Saint Paul's Cathedral Lay Community...it still wasnt fantastic. I lived their from September 2003-August 2005

Granville. I now live on the first floor of a Terrace house which has been converted into three flats. the appartment has a kitchen, a bathroom, a bedroom and a living room. Its pretty shyitty in terms of condition...there is a mould problem, their is no heating, and the roof in the bloody bathroom ended up IN the bath about two months after I moved in due to a leak in the roof but I have lived in this flat EXACTLY four years to the DAY

Where would you like to live next?

I could see myself living in Liverpool, and equally I could see myself living in Chicago.

Old 01-28-2010, 09:04 PM
Super Moderator

Born: Ft Knox, Kentucky
Moved to: Cucamonga, California
Overseas to: Kaiserslaughtern, Germany (sp?)
Back to the states to: Gatewood, Missouri
Then: El Paso, Texas
Moved back to: Gatewood, Missouri
Back to Texas to: Groesbeck, Texas
Then: Thornton, Texas
On to: Groesbeck, Texas
On my own to: Kosse, Texas
Then: Mexia, Texas
Married and moved to: North Charleston, South Carolina
Shipped to: Portsmouth, New Hampshire
Then: Kittery, Maine
From there to: Groton, Connecticut
On to: East Stroudsburg, Pennsylvania
To: Rockport, Texas
Different house but still in: Rockport, Texas
From there to: Tomball, Texas
Different house but still in: Tomball, Texas
Now: Cary, North Carolina
Next month moving to: Raleigh, North Carolina

Phew, I'm tired just listing those places. Probably I even left one or two out.

~Amy
Old 01-28-2010, 09:14 PM

Heh. My list reads like Amy's as I was also a military brat :-)
Old 01-28-2010, 09:15 PM

Kiitery, I love that name!

If I'm ever in Maine I will definitely go there.
Old 01-28-2010, 09:16 PM

Sheesh. Kiitery=Kittery

Old 01-28-2010, 09:24 PM
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by flo View Post
Sheesh. Kiitery=Kittery

It's a nice little town right on the border of NH. It's coastal and rather small. York is close and it probably still has tons of outlet stores. My son was born in York, in one of their 3 delivery rooms right before a snow storm. They moved me to pediatrics the next day because they had too many women in labor and I was doing well. I have good memories of those places.

~Amy
Old 01-28-2010, 09:32 PM
Miss Foxy

Los Angeles, CA
San Diego, CA, North Richland Hills, Texas...Cross your fingers hopefully Washington next...
Old 01-28-2010, 10:04 PM
bradwright

could i include jails Dave ?
Old 01-28-2010, 10:06 PM
Angry @ Injustice!

Quote:
Originally Posted by bradwright View Post
could i include jails Dave ?
Yes. They are legal places of Residence also...just like a ship would be if you were in the Navy
Old 01-28-2010, 10:11 PM
Oddtodd76

Wow! I have only lived within one county...Macon County.
Decatur, Blue Mound, Mt. Zion, Illinois