Go Back   Matt-Hughes.com Official Forums > General Discussions > Sports

Old 01-27-2010, 09:47 PM
WAR CARDINALS!

Default Kurt Warner Will Retire on Friday

This is not 100% confirmed just yet, but it pretty much is. Lord knows I will be happy to be wrong about this, but all signs point to something I felt in my heart when I watched Kurt give a victory lap around University of Phoenix Stadium after a thrilling and hard fought victory over the Packers, or when he was hit time and time again against the Saints and his wife Brenda stood with her eyes closed.

Kurt said today that he will be holding a press conference on Friday to announce his plans for the future. Insider sources have all pointed to it being highly likely that Warner will in fact retire.

I guess I'm going out on a bit of a limb because nothing is official until the words come out of Captain Kurt's mouth, but I think this is the end of the road.

Old 01-27-2010, 10:00 PM
billwilliams70

Yeah, great career, but he knows when the time is right.....and the good thing is that he's probably doing it in prayer as well.

Leinart's not the answer in 'Zona, we'll have to see what what happens next.

Later.
Old 01-27-2010, 10:10 PM
WAR CARDINALS!

Quote:
Originally Posted by billwilliams70 View Post
Yeah, great career, but he knows when the time is right.....and the good thing is that he's probably doing it in prayer as well.

Leinart's not the answer in 'Zona, we'll have to see what what happens next.

Later.
I know Kurt will make the right decision and do what God has put in his heart.

As for Leinart, God has put it in MY heart to keep the faith in ol' Matty boy. I like the guy, and would love to see him do well as the leader of this team. However, I won't be surprised if they go in another direction. There has already been some talks circulating that the Cardinals might try to make a move for McNabb with a possible trade involving Anquan Boldin.
Old 01-28-2010, 03:53 AM
Silverback

I have met the man a few times and he has talked to my boys when they was in LL football, the man is a class act, I wish nothing but the best for Kurt and his family. Will go down as one of the best quarterbacks to ever play the game.
Old 01-28-2010, 04:52 AM
MMA, VCU, & Doctor Who

Send a message via AIM to VCURamFan

Man, Kurt's career has been a fantastic roller coaster. I love watching him play & I'll be sad to see him go, but I think he's looking at Brett & thinking "I don't wanna be that guy who doesn't know when to quit & keeps leaving & coming back"
Old 01-29-2010, 10:19 PM
WAR CARDINALS!

It's over....