Go Back   Matt-Hughes.com Official Forums > General Discussions > The Woodshed

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #11  
Old 01-27-2010, 08:28 PM
Rev
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

I am not a Florida fan but I am a Tebow fan. I met him at the Jacksonville Pastor's conference 2 years ago and he is as real as can be. That dude anint scared of anything. He knows that saying the things that he says and doing the things he does for his faith could devistate him in the press, but he keeps swinging. War Tebow, I just hope he dont end up on some lame NFL team like the Raiders, Eagles, or Falcons.
Reply With Quote
  #12  
Old 01-27-2010, 08:34 PM
J.B.'s Avatar
J.B. J.B. is offline
WAR CARDINALS!
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: Apache Juntion, AZ
Posts: 8,462
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rev View Post
I am not a Florida fan but I am a Tebow fan. I met him at the Jacksonville Pastor's conference 2 years ago and he is as real as can be. That dude anint scared of anything. He knows that saying the things that he says and doing the things he does for his faith could devistate him in the press, but he keeps swinging. War Tebow, I just hope he dont end up on some lame NFL team like the Raiders, Eagles, or Falcons.
I would love to see Tim Tebow come into the league guns blazing and prove all the critics wrong. He seems like a great guy.

However, if I were a GM he wouldn't be anywhere near the top of my list come draft day.
Reply With Quote
  #13  
Old 01-27-2010, 09:22 PM
bradwright
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

while maybe on paper something like this may look good.... in practice i think it will be anti productive.
most of the people watching the super bowl will be males and of those a very high percentage will be drinking and any sort of message like this will be lost on them,they only want to be entertained,they really dont want to be preached to....i mean come on...it is the super bowl after all.

besides,this sort of thing is something PETA would do and although i agree with PETA on their message i disagree with the way they deliver it most times and for that reason i find it difficult to support them....i just hope the pro life people dont go that way as well.
Reply With Quote
  #14  
Old 01-27-2010, 09:51 PM
J.B.'s Avatar
J.B. J.B. is offline
WAR CARDINALS!
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: Apache Juntion, AZ
Posts: 8,462
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by bradwright View Post
while maybe on paper something like this may look good.... in practice i think it will be anti productive.
most of the people watching the super bowl will be males and of those a very high percentage will be drinking and any sort of message like this will be lost on them,they only want to be entertained,they really dont want to be preached to....i mean come on...it is the super bowl after all.

besides,this sort of thing is something PETA would do and although i agree with PETA on their message i disagree with the way they deliver it most times and for that reason i find it difficult to support them....i just hope the pro life people dont go that way as well.
Nah man, the Super Bowl this year will probably be watched by over 100 million people. It's not all fat sweaty drunk guys eating polish sausage and Doritos. There is a reason that ads cost like 2.5 million dollars for 30 seconds during that game.

I guarantee this ad will not be anything nearly as tasteless as the wackos from PETA would do.
Reply With Quote
  #15  
Old 01-27-2010, 10:01 PM
bradwright
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by J.B. View Post
Nah man, the Super Bowl this year will probably be watched by over 100 million people. It's not all fat sweaty drunk guys eating polish sausage and Doritos. There is a reason that ads cost like 2.5 million dollars for 30 seconds during that game.

I guarantee this ad will not be anything nearly as tasteless as the wackos from PETA would do.
so let me see if i understand what you are trying to say here...
its not all fat sweaty drunk guys like ME that watch the super bowl ?
well if you came to my place to watch the game you might just leave with a whole new perspective.
Reply With Quote
  #16  
Old 01-27-2010, 10:23 PM
rockdawg21's Avatar
rockdawg21 rockdawg21 is offline
I'm kind of a big deal
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: San Antonio, TX
Posts: 5,584
Default

I remember reading this on MSN the other day. I don't see how murder of the innocents and the defenseless is controversial.
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #17  
Old 01-27-2010, 10:36 PM
bradwright
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by rockdawg21 View Post
I remember reading this on MSN the other day. I don't see how murder of the innocents and the defenseless is controversial.
thats it beat people with a stick until they see things your way...that should work real well.
Reply With Quote
  #18  
Old 01-27-2010, 11:32 PM
flo's Avatar
flo flo is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: The Great Pacific Northwest
Posts: 7,717
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by billwilliams70 View Post

VERY well said. If there was a Rep System in place, you'd definitely get some from me.

Later.
What Bill said. And thanks, JB.
Reply With Quote
  #19  
Old 01-28-2010, 01:51 AM
J.B.'s Avatar
J.B. J.B. is offline
WAR CARDINALS!
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: Apache Juntion, AZ
Posts: 8,462
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by bradwright View Post
so let me see if i understand what you are trying to say here...
its not all fat sweaty drunk guys like ME that watch the super bowl ?
well if you came to my place to watch the game you might just leave with a whole new perspective.
I know what you are saying, but when you are talking about the Super Bowl it's completely different because there are so many more people watching. During the regular season, I would say about 75% of the fans you described are the ones tuning in. However, in the playoffs and in the Super Bowl, you get all the casual fans on board.
Reply With Quote
  #20  
Old 01-28-2010, 01:52 AM
J.B.'s Avatar
J.B. J.B. is offline
WAR CARDINALS!
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: Apache Juntion, AZ
Posts: 8,462
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by flo View Post
What Bill said. And thanks, JB.
no prob
Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT. The time now is 12:33 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.