Go Back   Matt-Hughes.com Official Forums > MMA Related > UFC

Closed Thread

Old 01-26-2010, 11:33 PM
Angry @ Injustice!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Miss Foxy View Post
That's not a good thing at all ..Proud BJ lova!!
thats not a good thing either
Old 01-27-2010, 12:18 AM
I'm kind of a big deal

Quote:
Originally Posted by Miss Foxy View Post
That's not a good thing at all ..Proud BJ lova!!
I think I speak for every guy where when I say, "Me too"
Old 01-27-2010, 12:46 AM
WAR CARDINALS!

Ahh, the good ol' "you're not exciting enough" argument.

GSP has "finished" 3 of his last 5 opponents, and before that he had finished 11 of his first 16 opponents. Yeah, his last fight ended by decision, but his second to last fight was against BJ Penn (somebody on your list) and he definitely stopped BJ. Matt Hughes is my favorite MMA fighter hands down, and Georges has stopped him twice.

GSP is already one of the greats, just accept it.
Old 01-27-2010, 01:21 AM
Maldonado136

Your entitled to your opinion but is this really worth making a thread about? I mean really?
Old 01-27-2010, 01:34 AM

He's okay. He'll never have that certain je ne sais quoi that Matt has about him.

I get the impression that it's very important for him to "beat" Matt's accomplishments.
Old 01-27-2010, 04:22 AM
gymcoach97

The last time that I checked, GSP isn't fighting a bunch of "tomato cans" that have glass in their jaws.

When's the last time that Jon Fitch was finished? GSP beat him down for 5 rounds with everything including the kitchen sink. The guy is flat out tough. What more can you say?

GSP beat down Matt Serra and the fight was stopped before he completely finished him.

GSP easily handled Thiago Alves, but he also got injured after the 3rd round and had to coast to victory due to his injury. And, he still got a few more takedowns even after being injured.

And, as much as it pains me to say it...his last two meetings with Matt have been finishes.

His beatdown of BJ Penn is probably the worst beating that BJ has ever taken in the cage. When have you ever seen BJ Penn not have his wits about him or even be rattled in a fight? Even when Matt had him pinned down at UFC 63 and was pounding away on his head - BJ seemed very composed...he just was in a bad position with no way to defend himself.

Honestly, I look for him to finish Dan Hardy.

Sorry, but you have to give respect where respect is due and GSP has earned that respect. He's very tactical and he goes in with a gameplan and tries to execute it. Keep in mind that this is a SPORT! It involves strategy, gameplans, studying, etc. The goal is to win. Sure, there's an entertainment aspect and you'd like to keep it exciting for the fans. But, for the true fans, most of GSP's fights are pretty exciting. I know that I was very impressed with his 12? takedowns of Thiago Alves.

I still think that if he wanted to get a little bigger - put on some more muscle - that he'd get Anderson Silva down and Silva would be in big trouble. There is nobody better at controlling from top position than GSP. And, if Travis Lutter was able to pass Silva's guard, what do you think that GSP is going to be able to do?
Old 01-27-2010, 08:58 AM
GnP

Quote:
Originally Posted by J.B. View Post
Ahh, the good ol' "you're not exciting enough" argument.

GSP has "finished" 3 of his last 5 opponents, and before that he had finished 11 of his first 16 opponents. Yeah, his last fight ended by decision, but his second to last fight was against BJ Penn (somebody on your list) and he definitely stopped BJ. Matt Hughes is my favorite MMA fighter hands down, and Georges has stopped him twice.

GSP is already one of the greats, just accept it.
This

Keep trying though BJ fans because it sure is entertaining
Old 01-27-2010, 10:01 AM
pokerchamp

I disagree with this completely.

Last time I checked GSP pounded Matt & BJ

See if Matt ever gets in the ring again with GSP, then well
see who the better champion is. I mean really GSP FINISHED
both BJ & Matt.

Who the best champion is has yet to be determined
Old 01-27-2010, 10:19 AM
wavetar

Quote:
Originally Posted by pokerchamp View Post
I disagree with this completely.

Last time I checked GSP pounded Matt & BJ

See if Matt ever gets in the ring again with GSP, then well
see who the better champion is. I mean really GSP FINISHED
both BJ & Matt.

Who the best champion is has yet to be determined
+1...GSP finished 2 out of the 3 guys in your thread title, lol. He also beat Alves...injured...who finished Matt. I don't think it can be truly judged until Matt has fought both Fitch & Koschek & Alves again. Matt was simply ahead of the curve...MMA has caught up to him...the well-rounded are harder to finish.
Old 01-27-2010, 11:21 AM
rearnakedchoke

whatever ............... its funny how the TS mentions that GSP has went the distance 6 times in his WHOLE CAREER .... then mentions that Matt went the distance twice in his championship run ..... why not in his entire career? GSP has been the distance twice in his champiosnship run also ... if you are going to compare fighters, make fair comparisons
Closed Thread