Go Back   Matt-Hughes.com Official Forums > General Discussions > The Woodshed

Old 02-15-2009, 12:06 AM
Chuck

Default File your taxes for free!!!

This feels like a cheesy infomercial or ad but I just finished doing my taxes and submitting them electronically for free.

I was pretty stoked.

I just went to Turbo Tax's website and poof! There it was.

Obviously I haven't gotten them back yet but the actual doing them and filing part was fast and free.

It would have been a lot faster if a certain someone wasn't talking my ear off on the phone!!! If I get audited it's go time!!

Last edited by Chuck; 02-15-2009 at 01:08 AM.
Old 02-15-2009, 01:06 AM
Stump Rules!

It's only free for poor people Chuck

And I promise to send bail money when they arrest you

http://stumpdotcom.com/
Old 02-15-2009, 01:07 AM
lyndsey823

this is my second year doing both mine and my boyfriends on the Turbo Tax website, it's so easy!! but i made too much this year so i had to pay to file my federal taxes, so i was bummed! i did them about 10 days ago and we got our returns yesterday. too bad we both got IOU's for our state taxes, damn California!!!
Old 02-15-2009, 01:11 AM
Stump Rules!

I wonder if the State of California would take an IOU from me

Quote:
Originally Posted by lyndsey823
this is my second year doing both mine and my boyfriends on the Turbo Tax website, it's so easy!! but i made too much this year so i had to pay to file my federal taxes, so i was bummed! i did them about 10 days ago and we got our returns yesterday. too bad we both got IOU's for our state taxes, damn California!!!

http://stumpdotcom.com/
Old 02-15-2009, 01:12 AM
Chuck

Quote:
Originally Posted by MattHughesRocks
It's only free for poor people Chuck

And I promise to send bail money when they arrest you
OUCH!! Thanks for calling us poor...

Maybe you were having a blonde moment but I'm pretty sure it's free to anybody filing the 1040EZ, 1040A and the 1040. I don't believe income has anything to do with it.

But since ya got so much... care to hook a poor guy like me up with a little extra?????
Old 02-15-2009, 01:15 AM
Stump Rules!

I'm not saying your "cash poor" I'm saying you got the write offs to get things I can't.
And it does depend on how much you make because I've done my returns on Turbo Tax ( just didn't file them) and it was going to cost me.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chuck
OUCH!! Thanks for calling us poor...

Maybe you were having a blonde moment but I'm pretty sure it's free to anybody filing the 1040EZ, 1040A and the 1040. I don't believe income has anything to do with it.

But since ya got so much... care to hook a poor guy like me up with a little extra?????