Go Back   Matt-Hughes.com Official Forums > General Discussions > Politics

Old 01-31-2010, 04:20 PM
Angry @ Injustice!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spiritwalker View Post

"Une foi, un loi, un roi" .
But the United States doesnt have a "king" unless you call the Consitutional Document a Monarchy...which I would accept...but its not an orthodox way of thinking about leadership

Now according to your Founders, that cadence WOULD and should be in opporation in America, but not as a reference to either the Consitution, or the President...but in fact Jesus. That would be true...although you can drop the "loi" if you wish. As the Law has been settled. Dont know which law I'm talking about? Would be the one I think is depicted in the Freeze across the top of your Supreme Court Building in Washington DC
Old 01-31-2010, 04:29 PM
Matt-4; GJJ Black Belts-0

*sigh*

The President is the equilivent of a "King".. not some much that his "word" is law.. but he is the leader of the people of the United Sates.

Last edited by Spiritwalker; 01-31-2010 at 04:38 PM.
Old 01-31-2010, 04:36 PM
KENTUCKYREDBONE

Quote:
Originally Posted by bradwright View Post
if you really believe all of the problems in America are being caused by Obama then maybe your country really is doomed.
i see a lot of people complaining all the time on here but i have never once seen anyone offer up any practical solutions.
I ain't saying he started or caused ALL the problems. However in my view he is causing my country to pick up speed on the wrong road!
Old 01-31-2010, 05:56 PM
Angry @ Injustice!

Quote:
*sigh*

The President is the equilivent of a "King".. not some much that his "word" is law.. but he is the leader of the people of the United Sates.
I am not sure thats true. I think the President is far more a Representative then a Leader.

For a start, he doesnt have his position by birthwright. A monarch is born from a lineage

Secondly, he is not a dictator, A Monarch, however benign is still a dictator

I think George Washington would scould you harshly for saying the President is simply a King by another name. He turned down the position of "King" and rejected some of its core definitions precisely because he had issues with the sort of powers a King could assert...A King is not held to ransom by his People....and the President is. A King is not democratically ellected...and a President is. A King has life tenure...a US President has no more then two terms of office. A King doesnt have to consult or listen to parliament...The President, even with his veto, has to work with Congress if he wants to achieve anything.

The closest the United States could come to a Living Person as a King...would be if the President declaired Martial Law.

I have no idea what constraints he has on being able to make that sorta thing realized...I also doubt that dispite his honoury military rank, he would be much in control of a Nation under a Military Supremacy...I have my doubts as to whether its really possible for that form of Government to work on an area as large as the US...forget Alaska and Hawaii for starters...it would be a logistics nightmare for even your military.

BUT...provision is made...why do you think for every bend in the Highways there must be five miles of roman road? Its not an accident...its a deliberate design feature...your Federal Government has created a Country Wide set of Runways (an American told me that )
Old 01-31-2010, 06:54 PM
Matt-4; GJJ Black Belts-0

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tyburn View Post
I am not sure thats true. I think the President is far more a Representative then a Leader.

For a start, he doesnt have his position by birthwright. A monarch is born from a lineage

Secondly, he is not a dictator, A Monarch, however benign is still a dictator

I think George Washington would scould you harshly for saying the President is simply a King by another name. He turned down the position of "King" and rejected some of its core definitions precisely because he had issues with the sort of powers a King could assert...A King is not held to ransom by his People....and the President is. A King is not democratically ellected...and a President is. A King has life tenure...a US President has no more then two terms of office. A King doesnt have to consult or listen to parliament...The President, even with his veto, has to work with Congress if he wants to achieve anything.

The closest the United States could come to a Living Person as a King...would be if the President declaired Martial Law.

I have no idea what constraints he has on being able to make that sorta thing realized...I also doubt that dispite his honoury military rank, he would be much in control of a Nation under a Military Supremacy...I have my doubts as to whether its really possible for that form of Government to work on an area as large as the US...forget Alaska and Hawaii for starters...it would be a logistics nightmare for even your military.

BUT...provision is made...why do you think for every bend in the Highways there must be five miles of roman road? Its not an accident...its a deliberate design feature...your Federal Government has created a Country Wide set of Runways (an American told me that )

This is you.... Not seeing the forest for all the trees in the way... Go bow to your Queen
Old 01-31-2010, 07:05 PM
Angry @ Injustice!

Quote:
This is you.... Not seeing the forest for all the trees in the way... Go bow to your Queen
I dont appreciate you being Rude about Her Brittanic Majesty...She is a Monarch only in office, no longer in stature and you know it (We'd be in a much better place if She ran the country then with our current UNELLECTED prime minister )

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Lh1-9ww_HmM

You really are a most dissagreeable man, did you know that

Now why dont you actually answer what I put, rather then either attacking me, or my heratage...if you cant do that, then kindly do not speak to me of this matter again, since it is clear you wish to insult rather then debate.
Old 01-31-2010, 07:27 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by J.B. View Post
Srsly
Old 01-31-2010, 08:21 PM
AMJ

Quote:
Originally Posted by NateR View Post
You're deliberately downplaying the relationship to make everyone here out to be closed minded idiots. However, you are ignoring a lot of facts that correlate here. We don't even know for sure if Barack Obama is an American citizen.

Clearly the Liberal media has pulled the wool over your eyes and you are too brainwashed to even realize it.
Which facts am I ignoring, NateR? You didn't really provide a single fact and if you did, could you please state it because I don't see it in your post. From what I read, all you said was "you think Obama is a muslim", but you have no proof to confirm that accusation. That is not a fact, that is the type of misrepresentation and vile diatribe that you would hear from only ideologue’s. I think that is the worst part of America, you have these people on the extreme far left and extreme far right who don't realize that most of America lives in the center.

Secondly, on a completely unrelated note, I have seen your posts and others, who made a really big deal about Obama being too supportive of the Islamic world. Why aren't you just as upset or criticize the republican conservatives, (George W and Donald Rumsfeld) for holding hands with the ruler of Saudi Arabia and Saddam freggin' Hussein!.. If that was a democrat, do you know what type of nonsense Beck, Limbaugh, and Hannity would be spewing? Why are you so partial to one side? Just because they may represent some of your values does not mean they are making ethical or right judgements all the time. That's what I find so ironic about a lot in the right wing, they use their "Christian values" to get them elected, but many of them eventually are outed for some type of scandal. This is why I so strongly believe in the separation of the Church and State. Sound governing should not be dictated by religious values, you need a pragmatist because some situations cannot be guided through just religion and faith alone. (I am sure you will disagree)

Are you aware that under the Bush administration, and with republican support, American tax dollars went to Saudi Arabia to help build Nuclear technology? You have the people on the right who attack Obama for saying he would meet leaders without pre-conditions, but not a single attack to Bush when he actually provided American technical expertise and tax payer dollars to help Saudi Arabia advance their Nuclear Reactors and technology? It's a shame most Americans don't know this, but this is what I study, i'm currently doing my Masters in Foreign Policy. The only way to get the truth is to research from Independent agencies.

The only people with their eyes covered are those who follow mainstream media who have their spin on it. I am sure you must be a Fox News fan, how fair and balanced can they be when they have actual republicans on their payroll? It's sad that Bill O'reilly has now become the voice of reason on that network, when you have ultra right wingers like Beck and Hannity. Its similar to CNBC which is so far left, that if you watched it you would think Noam Chomsky could become the President of the United States.

Anyways, my point is to cut Obama a little slack, the guy has been in Office for just about a year... I'll be the first to admit his first year was a disappointment, but he still has 3 years left, let's see what the man can do. Even if he was not your first choice, I would like to think that the people of America would want him to succeed, he is our President after all and the majority of the country voted him in. I was very impressed with his State of the Union address and the Q&A he had with the Republican Party, let's hope he can bring both parties to the center.

Last edited by AMJ; 01-31-2010 at 08:42 PM.
Old 01-31-2010, 08:29 PM
Buzzard

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neezar View Post
Nice reading comprehension.
You got me on that one. I stand corrected and apologize for my error. Time to clean my glasses I guess.
Old 01-31-2010, 10:27 PM
Robertboxerboy

Hmmm If he is not muslim why is he so seceretive about his religion and his birth certificate. See if I was president I would hand it over, but I wouldnt if I had something to hide. I think he is a Muslim. And he is going to ruin this country. I don't see how he could help this country at all. Not when his platform for the election was HOPE. I have been HOPING for years. I want it DONE. And over the past year, nothing has gotten better. At all.