Go Back   Matt-Hughes.com Official Forums > MMA Related > MMA

View Poll Results: Should Drug Testing be Stricter?
Yes 15 83.33%
No 3 16.67%
Voters: 18. You may not vote on this poll

Old 01-22-2010, 06:21 PM
Stump Rules!

I'm now voting for testing right after the fight only.My votes are always subject to change.

http://stumpdotcom.com/
Old 01-22-2010, 06:27 PM
logrus

Quote:
Originally Posted by MattHughesRocks View Post
I'm now voting for testing right after the fight only.My votes are always subject to change.

Then they are really not your votes...
Old 01-22-2010, 07:50 PM
WAR CARDINALS!

So what was your vote Logrus? I know you have not heard of the drugs I keep mentioning that can cycle out so fast, and I have said many times that I don't really know much about the specifics of PED's, only what I have read from people that are supposed to experts. Even Keith Kizer of the NSAC has said that this is a cat and mouse game and that new drugs are constantly being designed to beat the testing.

I personally don't understand why anybody would be against random blood and urine testing in all sports. Telling the user when and how the test is going to be kinda defeats the purpose of issuing the tests in the first place.
Old 01-22-2010, 07:56 PM
Angry @ Injustice!

Quote:
Originally Posted by J.B. View Post
Even Keith Kizer of the NSAC
I didnt say I thought the SACs should be incharge of this campaign...CA has proven that they cant keep chain of custody...and the UFC is way to political and bias.

We need an outside firm...completely independant from the UFC and from the SAC
Old 01-22-2010, 07:57 PM
WAR CARDINALS!

Quote:
Originally Posted by MattHughesRocks View Post
My problem with ONLY testing after the fight is that it does nothing to combat use of illegal PED's during training. We know that the athletes who use that stuff are beating the tests all the time, so making the standards even more lax would not help the problem at all.

Not to mention that, if a fighter wanted to, he could skip out on taking the post fight test. It's not like they can force him to do it, they can just fine and suspend him. If they refuse testing before a fight, the commission won't sanction the fight in first place.

Last edited by J.B.; 01-22-2010 at 08:03 PM.
Old 01-22-2010, 08:02 PM
WAR CARDINALS!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tyburn View Post
I didnt say I thought the SACs should be incharge of this campaign...CA has proven that they cant keep chain of custody...and the UFC is way to political and bias.

We need an outside firm...completely independant from the UFC and from the SAC
I never said that you said that...lol

I was simply referring to something Kizer has said.

I actually agree with you that the athletic commissions are part of the problem. I think that they basically just give the tests to send out a public perception that they are doing things to keep the sports clean but they don't do the things that NEED to be done, such as random blood testing, because they don't want to damage the reputation of the sport by exposing a lot of it's biggest stars. I think they have the same problem in the NFL, NBA, and obviously Major League Baseball.
Old 01-22-2010, 08:05 PM
Angry @ Injustice!

Quote:
I never said that you said that...lol

I was simply referring to something Kizer has said.

I actually agree with you that the athletic commissions are part of the problem. I think that they basically just give the tests to send out a public perception that they are doing things to keep the sports clean but they don't do the things that NEED to be done, such as random blood testing, because they don't want to damage the reputation of the sport by exposing a lot of it's biggest stars. I think they have the same problem in the NFL, NBA, and obviously Major League Baseball.
I didnt say you said I did. I just thought i'd clarify what might be an assumption that I might just have been saying "add more drugs tests" when thats not what im saying...im saying "get a different company to add more drugs tests" LOL
Old 01-22-2010, 08:11 PM
WAR CARDINALS!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tyburn View Post
I didnt say you said I did. I just thought i'd clarify what might be an assumption that I might just have been saying "add more drugs tests" when thats not what im saying...im saying "get a different company to add more drugs tests" LOL
gotcha!

I agree though. I think there needs to be a universal standard outside of the athletic commissions. They say that they follow the World Anti-Doping Agency testing guidelines, but the truth is that they follow their own version of what the WADA guidelines suggest. I know, because I actually took the time to read it.

Also, each state is completely different in it's policies, which just makes for total chaos on the matter. We should have ONE set of standards, and it should be instituted by an outside organization, such as the USADA. That goes for both Boxing and MMA in my opinion.
Old 01-22-2010, 08:14 PM
Angry @ Injustice!

Quote:
gotcha!

I agree though. I think there needs to be a universal standard outside of the athletic commissions. They say that they follow the World Anti-Doping Agency testing guidelines, but the truth is that they follow their own version of what the WADA guidelines suggest. I know, because I actually took the time to read it.

Also, each state is completely different in it's policies, which just makes for total chaos on the matter. We should have ONE set of standards, and it should be instituted by an outside organization, such as the USADA. That goes for both Boxing and MMA in my opinion.
I aggree too...nothing that has a vested interest in sport...but something that has an interest in drugs awareness...because as soon as they have a vested interest, or get friendly...they become...compromised
Old 01-22-2010, 09:30 PM
WAR CARDINALS!

Here is a great interview with Travis Tygart from the USADA I just came across that says the testing done by the state athletic commissions are a joke.

http://www.mlive.com/mayweather/inde...current_d.html