Go Back   Matt-Hughes.com Official Forums > MMA Related > UFC

Old 02-15-2009, 04:11 PM
Jeval

Quote:
Originally Posted by que
GSP looks like a stick figure standing next to alves. alves is going to be stronger, faster, bigger, heavier, with huge KO power and incredible takedown defense and a full tank of gas. the dude is built like a 200lbs pitbull and is more hungry. GSP is going to get KTFO. his greasing and his wrestling won't save him this time.
I disagree. I think that GSP is faster and just as strong. GSP will take him down and totally dominate him on the ground. Without vaseline of course.
Old 02-15-2009, 06:57 PM
Angry @ Injustice!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spiritwalker
On Inside MMA tonight.

He told the UFC he had a hurt ankle.. and he told them he may not be able to make weight.. offered to walk on fight..

"The day before I passed out twice in the sauna"

Sure didn't look like he was trying that hard.. but maybe I am biased..
is this a joke
Old 02-15-2009, 06:59 PM
Angry @ Injustice!

Quote:
Originally Posted by VCURamFan
I give all that credit to Greg Jackson.
The verdict is out on him at the moment.
Old 02-15-2009, 07:02 PM
Angry @ Injustice!

Quote:
scroto-philes
not sure you should be entitled to use that word without giving up your man card
Old 02-15-2009, 07:04 PM
Angry @ Injustice!

Quote:
Originally Posted by billwilliams70
I understand the impact of not making weight, I understand what it points to....that's not my issue. Alves does not have an issue with making weight, in fact, I think the only match he's missed weight on was the Matt Hughes fight.....or it is a least the most publisized. Did Alves come in heavy against DeSouza, Hironaka, Lytle, and Parisyan? No. I've stated before that I really hope he takes this seriously by making weight, because I think that Alves' strength alone can pose some problems for GSP and it would be nice to see him tested.

With that said, I don't see GSP losing to Alves. GSP possess the unique ability to stick with a gameplan much better than just about any other fighter out there. That, coupled with his freakish talent and ability to continually develop a full skillset, I see it going past three rounds, but not going to a decision. I think that GSP will wear him down after three......and sub him. So, just my opinion, I think that Alves will come up short in his title shot (I can't spell it the way he {Alves} said it when he went into the Octagon after GSP's win over Penn....the ****'s come out).

To be honest with you, Alves himself bringing it up on Inside MMA really has no bearing on the matter for me, him not making weight for his fight with Matt Hughes has no relevence on his fight with GSP, it had no relevence on his fight with Koscheck either; whether he brought it up or not. Just becuase he said it doesn't make it relevant, it was something that he felt he needed to discuss, but it doesn't matter anymore... ...that's just my opinion.

But, rest assured, it's not the end of the world whether it's relevent or not.

Later.
that might be the longest post I have EVER seen from you Mr Williams
Old 02-15-2009, 09:48 PM
Allons-y

Send a message via AIM to VCURamFan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tyburn
The verdict is out on him at the moment.
Really? Just because of the greasing? That doesn't have anything to do with his ability to gameplan a fight. Even if he did tell GSP to grease, the gameplan was still sound. Even if he did commission the (shudder) nipple tweak, he still did a fantastic job of training Rashad for his fights.

I have a tendency to root against his fighters for various reasons, but I've got a lot of respect for Greg.

Quote:
not sure you should be entitled to use that word without giving up your man card
What, straight guys aren't allowed to have eclectic & varried vocavularies?
Old 02-15-2009, 10:54 PM
Angry @ Injustice!

Quote:
1) Really? Just because of the greasing? That doesn't have anything to do with his ability to gameplan a fight. Even if he did tell GSP to grease, the gameplan was still sound. Even if he did commission the (shudder) nipple tweak, he still did a fantastic job of training Rashad for his fights.

I have a tendency to root against his fighters for various reasons, but I've got a lot of respect for Greg.

2) What, straight guys aren't allowed to have eclectic & varried vocavularies?
1) I'm not sure about him yet. Dont worry with trainers it takes my assessment much longer, I'm only just in favour of Matt Hume

2) and I think you should put that in your siggie
Old 02-16-2009, 02:13 PM
GroundNPound

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hughes_GOAT
he shouldn't be...he's stronger than GSP and GSP won't have his Vaseline this time, LOL.
I doubt he's stronger.
Old 02-17-2009, 10:25 AM
billwilliams70

Quote:
that might be the longest post I have EVER seen from you Mr Williams
I will try and post longer messages in the coming days. Until then, I shall remain......

Thank you for paying attention Mr. Tyburn.

Later.
Old 02-17-2009, 12:27 PM
Crisco

Quote:
Originally Posted by que
GSP looks like a stick figure standing next to alves. alves is going to be stronger, faster, bigger, heavier, with huge KO power and incredible takedown defense and a full tank of gas. the dude is built like a 200lbs pitbull and is more hungry. GSP is going to get KTFO. his greasing and his wrestling won't save him this time.
Just have to laugh bro.

I just laugh at anyone who thinks a little vaseline made the difference in any of GSP's fights.

BJ GOT ****ING WRECKED.

Bottom line. GSP could have warn a sandpaper coat around his body and Penn would still been killed.

/endrant.

Thiago won't make weight I'm calling it

EDIT: I'll add that it was cheating but it didn't make a difference in the fights. GSP should be punished maybe by a fine or something

Last edited by Crisco; 02-17-2009 at 12:40 PM.