Go Back   Matt-Hughes.com Official Forums > MMA Related > UFC

Old 02-14-2009, 10:27 PM
Josh

Thiago is huge but he will still end up on his back getting clobbered.
Old 02-15-2009, 12:51 AM
I'm kind of a big deal

Well he sure seemed to have a lot of energy and intensity for a guy who passed out twice in the sauna. He's full of &$%!!!
Old 02-15-2009, 12:57 AM
billythekid2000

Thiago will last fewer rounds than Fitch and BJ. GSP by TKO by the 3rd round.
Old 02-15-2009, 03:39 AM
Preach

Quote:
Originally Posted by billythekid2000
Thiago will last fewer rounds than Fitch and BJ. GSP by TKO by the 3rd round.
GSP by slip and slide
Old 02-15-2009, 03:50 AM
Allons-y

Send a message via AIM to VCURamFan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Preach
GSP by slip and slide
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=K9BzhQtm_CQ
Old 02-15-2009, 04:14 AM
que

Quote:
Originally Posted by Josh
Thiago is huge but he will still end up on his back getting clobbered.
thiago was able to get off his back with hughes on top of him, what makes you think GSP can hold him down?

btw, he has gotten even better since that fight.
Old 02-15-2009, 05:23 AM
Josh

Quote:
Originally Posted by que
thiago was able to get off his back with hughes on top of him, what makes you think GSP can hold him down?

btw, he has gotten even better since that fight.
GSP is bigger than Matt and also very strong. BJ is incredibly hard to hold down and GSP had no problem in that fight. I believe it was Fitch that had never had his guard passed before he fought GSP. Alves is really good I just don't think he will be much of a challenge. In a kickboxing match he would probably beat GSP but in MMA with a cage I doubt it.
Old 02-15-2009, 09:34 AM
billwilliams70

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spiritwalker
It was only 6 months ago. It was Matt's last fight.. and Thiago only beaten Koz since then.. And Koz is far down the ladder than Matt IMO.
Those are apples and oranges though. Thiago beat Koscheck, Koscheck isn't as good as Matt Hughes, GSP has beaten them both and is soon to beat all three.

I don't really see the relevance in bringing up why Thiago didn't make weight......I don't think it has any bearing on his upcoming fight with GSP. I really hope that he takes this seriously enough to make the weight and makes a good fight out of it.

Later.
Old 02-15-2009, 11:05 AM
Matt-4; GJJ Black Belts-0

Quote:
Originally Posted by billwilliams70
Those are apples and oranges though. Thiago beat Koscheck, Koscheck isn't as good as Matt Hughes, GSP has beaten them both and is soon to beat all three.

I don't really see the relevance in bringing up why Thiago didn't make weight......I don't think it has any bearing on his upcoming fight with GSP. I really hope that he takes this seriously enough to make the weight and makes a good fight out of it.

Later.
Anytime you don't make a weight.. that's pretty relevant. It points to several things.. laziness, scared, distracted... many things....

And to not make weight for the biggest fight of your career. Against a HUGE FAN FAVORITE.... again. that's reason it's relevant.

And going back to the root.. Thaigo actually brought it up on Inside MMA. So if HE is still talking about it.. must be a little relevant.
Old 02-15-2009, 12:52 PM
billwilliams70

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spiritwalker
Anytime you don't make a weight.. that's pretty relevant. It points to several things.. laziness, scared, distracted... many things....

And to not make weight for the biggest fight of your career. Against a HUGE FAN FAVORITE.... again. that's reason it's relevant.

And going back to the root.. Thaigo actually brought it up on Inside MMA. So if HE is still talking about it.. must be a little relevant.
I understand the impact of not making weight, I understand what it points to....that's not my issue. Alves does not have an issue with making weight, in fact, I think the only match he's missed weight on was the Matt Hughes fight.....or it is a least the most publisized. Did Alves come in heavy against DeSouza, Hironaka, Lytle, and Parisyan? No. I've stated before that I really hope he takes this seriously by making weight, because I think that Alves' strength alone can pose some problems for GSP and it would be nice to see him tested.

With that said, I don't see GSP losing to Alves. GSP possess the unique ability to stick with a gameplan much better than just about any other fighter out there. That, coupled with his freakish talent and ability to continually develop a full skillset, I see it going past three rounds, but not going to a decision. I think that GSP will wear him down after three......and sub him. So, just my opinion, I think that Alves will come up short in his title shot (I can't spell it the way he {Alves} said it when he went into the Octagon after GSP's win over Penn....the ****'s come out).

To be honest with you, Alves himself bringing it up on Inside MMA really has no bearing on the matter for me, him not making weight for his fight with Matt Hughes has no relevence on his fight with GSP, it had no relevence on his fight with Koscheck either; whether he brought it up or not. Just becuase he said it doesn't make it relevant, it was something that he felt he needed to discuss, but it doesn't matter anymore... ...that's just my opinion.

But, rest assured, it's not the end of the world whether it's relevent or not.

Later.