Go Back   Matt-Hughes.com Official Forums > General Discussions > Christianity

Old 01-20-2010, 07:48 PM
Robertboxerboy

Default What you give you shall recieve

So a couple days ago, me and a buddy went to school early to get some extra throwing practice in. When we were done we met up with another buddy and we took a quick trip up to the gas station to get doughnuts and milk for the three of us. I felt good that day and I bought all the doughnuts, they just had to buy their milk because I didn't have enough for all of it. Then this morining we went back for early practice but it was only me that went for breakfast, when I went to pay with my card, it was denied. Try it again, Denied. This gave me a real depressed sinking feeling because I have never felt "broke" before. The gentlemen behind me buying breakfast for his two kids said "No problem I will gladly buy breakfast for, ya. I know what it feels like to go to school without it". I told the man thank you about 10 times.
I thought it was a nice "feel good" story to tell you guys. And it showed what real christians do for each other.
Old 01-20-2010, 07:58 PM
Super Moderator

I've paid for people in cars behind me at toll booths before. That's kind of fun.

~Amy
Old 01-20-2010, 09:06 PM

A great story and for me what it shows how such a small gesture can mean so much.

I had a similar thing ona grander scale happen to me and it restored my faith in humanity when I was seeing a lack of it at the time.

Pass it on!
Old 01-20-2010, 09:13 PM
Super Moderator

I shared with ya'll that my son had his Christmas presents stolen at the Houston airport a few weeks ago. Well someone actually stepped up and not only replaced what was stolen but got the model one step above what he had. So at a time that is crucial for him to develop his views of the world at age 12, he was given something good purely out of the kindness of someone's heart. They turned a horrible moment in his life into a great experience. He'll never forget that person's grand gesture and I guarantee he'll repay someone someday, somewhere, sometime and so will I.

Hey this would make a great movie idea. Let's call it Pay It Forward....

~Amy
Old 01-22-2010, 06:33 PM
Angry @ Injustice!

its a warm fuzzy type of story. This sorta behaviour is common in America...but a bit lacking in England
Old 01-22-2010, 11:26 PM
bradwright

Quote:
Originally Posted by Robertboxerboy View Post
So a couple days ago, me and a buddy went to school early to get some extra throwing practice in. When we were done we met up with another buddy and we took a quick trip up to the gas station to get doughnuts and milk for the three of us. I felt good that day and I bought all the doughnuts, they just had to buy their milk because I didn't have enough for all of it. Then this morining we went back for early practice but it was only me that went for breakfast, when I went to pay with my card, it was denied. Try it again, Denied. This gave me a real depressed sinking feeling because I have never felt "broke" before. The gentlemen behind me buying breakfast for his two kids said "No problem I will gladly buy breakfast for, ya. I know what it feels like to go to school without it". I told the man thank you about 10 times.
I thought it was a nice "feel good" story to tell you guys. And it showed what real christians do for each other.
thats a great story Robert and its good to see that you realize the value of what that person did for you was far greater then the monetary value of the breakfast....things like this will help you as you go forward in your life.
Old 01-22-2010, 11:58 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TexasRN View Post
I shared with ya'll that my son had his Christmas presents stolen at the Houston airport a few weeks ago. Well someone actually stepped up and not only replaced what was stolen but got the model one step above what he had. So at a time that is crucial for him to develop his views of the world at age 12, he was given something good purely out of the kindness of someone's heart. They turned a horrible moment in his life into a great experience. He'll never forget that person's grand gesture and I guarantee he'll repay someone someday, somewhere, sometime and so will I.

Hey this would make a great movie idea. Let's call it Pay It Forward....

~Amy
that's huge!
Glad to hear that someone was able to do that for him!

[
Old 01-22-2010, 11:58 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Robertboxerboy View Post
Good people do good things

[