Go Back   Matt-Hughes.com Official Forums > General Discussions > Sports

Old 02-04-2010, 12:26 AM
Rev

Mayweather will not ko Shane, he might put him to sleep because he runs and plays hide-n-seek, but I doubt he will knock him out.
Untill he fights Pacman, I dont care what he does, and I'm sure most fans feel the same way.
Old 02-04-2010, 12:33 AM
WAR CARDINALS!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rev View Post
Mayweather will not ko Shane, he might put him to sleep because he runs and plays hide-n-seek, but I doubt he will knock him out.
Untill he fights Pacman, I dont care what he does, and I'm sure most fans feel the same way.
Actually most boxing fans disagree. This is a classic fight that has been a decade in the making.
Old 02-04-2010, 04:19 AM
I'm kind of a big deal

Nah, this is BIG! Pac has an excellent chance of beating Clottey (especially with Clottey's trainers not being allowed to enter the U.S. ).

Winner of this fights Pac (if a damn deal can get worked!) and it becomes absolute legend in boxing!

This is a great year for boxing
Old 02-04-2010, 04:31 AM
WAR CARDINALS!

Quote:
Originally Posted by rockdawg21 View Post
Nah, this is BIG! Pac has an excellent chance of beating Clottey (especially with Clottey's trainers not being allowed to enter the U.S. ).

Winner of this fights Pac (if a damn deal can get worked!) and it becomes absolute legend in boxing!

This is a great year for boxing
My opinion would be that Clottey has a small chance of beating Pac. I respect Clottey, but he is basically being fed to Manny by Arum, and it's not like Clottey cares because he is getting a shot at the biggest payday of his life, so he has nothing to lose. Clottey is strong, but he is flat-footed and I think Pac will probably end up stopping him with or without his trainers from Ghana, but ya never know.

Pac has a lot more to lose against Clottey than Floyd or Shane have in losing to each other, so watching how this all plays out will be interesting. All 3 of the men are Hall of Fame candidates no matter what, but whoever comes out on top of 2010 will be making their case for the All Time Great's list.
Old 02-04-2010, 08:00 AM
Rev

5 years ago this was what the fans wanted. Now Its just for the names, its not about the top fighter vs the top fighter. Fight fans of any combat sport want to see the top 2 guys go at it and sort stuff out.
The fans want Pacman vs Floyd.
I wont pay for SS vs PBF, but I would watch it if it was free. I would pay for Pacman vs PBF
Old 02-04-2010, 08:15 AM
WAR CARDINALS!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rev View Post
5 years ago this was what the fans wanted. Now Its just for the names, its not about the top fighter vs the top fighter. Fight fans of any combat sport want to see the top 2 guys go at it and sort stuff out.
The fans want Pacman vs Floyd.
I wont pay for SS vs PBF, but I would watch it if it was free. I would pay for Pacman vs PBF
Floyd was asking to fight Shane in 1999 and the fans wanted to see it, but Shane went up in weight and fought Oscar de la Hoya instead. So then 7 years later, after Shane has lost 4 times and been caught up using steroids people want to blame Floyd for going after the Oscar de la Hoya fight just like Mosley did. It goes both ways.

Regardless, Shane is still considered in top 3 guys in the welterweight division right now. Any combination of fights between Shane, Floyd, and Manny are awesome for boxing. You may not buy it, but the majority of boxing's hardcore and casual fans most definitely will.
Old 02-04-2010, 03:20 PM
Buc Nasty

Quote:
Originally Posted by J.B. View Post
Floyd was asking to fight Shane in 1999 and the fans wanted to see it, but Shane went up in weight and fought Oscar de la Hoya instead. So then 7 years later, after Shane has lost 4 times and been caught up using steroids people want to blame Floyd for going after the Oscar de la Hoya fight just like Mosley did. It goes both ways.
It was a bigger fight for Shane at the time. He was moving up and Oscar was a bigger name back then. Second time around Mosley had already beaten De La Hoya twice.

Last edited by Buc Nasty; 02-04-2010 at 03:29 PM.
Old 02-04-2010, 06:07 PM
WAR CARDINALS!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Buc Nasty View Post
It was a bigger fight for Shane at the time. He was moving up and Oscar was a bigger name back then. Second time around Mosley had already beaten De La Hoya twice.
I fully understand why Shane fought Oscar, that was part of my point.

People are quick to say that Floyd should have went after Shane instead of fighting Oscar and Ricky when he did, but those fights were what were the bigger attractions at the time in terms of money and exposure. Just because Shane had beaten Oscar twice when Floyd fought him does not negate who Oscar is. It's no secret that people made a habit of coming after Oscar to secure the big payday that he brought, just like they are coming after Floyd and Manny today.

When 2007 came around and Floyd fought Oscar, Shane had lost 4 times since his first match with DLH and had been busted for using PED's. Mayweather had been on the rise for years and he was ready to finally get the big payday that he felt he deserved, and fighting Oscar brought him over 22 million dollars. Shane could not, and still can't, draw those kind of numbers.

The reason Shane jumped all over signing the contract now is because he knows this is the biggest payday of his life. In fact, after it's all said and done, and after all the bi**hing and complaining Mosley did for the last 5 years about Floyd not fighting him, he should be thanking Floyd for stepping up to the plate and doing the right thing for the sport during this time, and for giving Shane the opportunity to cash in on a reported $15 million dollars.
Old 02-05-2010, 08:25 AM
Rev

I understand going after the money, I wont blast him for that.
Old 02-12-2010, 07:04 AM
WAR CARDINALS!

Only in America says...

"they call him Money Floyd"....

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ktwysLHHNlM&feature=fvst