Go Back   Matt-Hughes.com Official Forums > General Discussions > The Woodshed

Old 01-07-2011, 05:10 PM
Miss Foxy

Quote:
Originally Posted by TexasRN View Post
I feel sad. Mom emailed to let me know that my dad will be placed in a nursing home within the next few days. I knew it was coming and support her 100% but it is really hitting me that my dad will no longer be there when I go home to visit.

~Amy
I'm sorry to hear this Amy..
Old 01-07-2011, 08:09 PM
Miss Foxy

I feel happy.. "Benny and the jets" just came on and I love this song!! I had a craving for fish sticks the other day and I stated it once.. My lover got me fish sticks.. He actually paid attention!!I always think he ignores me! He sent me a text saying he bought them.. Then yesterday Miss Foxy was hungry and he made me steak and massaged my feet.. Aww.. Now if I can only get him to be a Republican and dislike gsp we would live in peace and harmony!! He made me feel happy today for just being a good guy that I never give credit to.. I am always so willing to be alone and do it myself I forget what's in front of me..
Old 01-07-2011, 10:51 PM
bradwright

Quote:
Originally Posted by Miss Foxy View Post
I feel happy.. "Benny and the jets" just came on and I love this song!! I had a craving for fish sticks the other day and I stated it once.. My lover got me fish sticks.. He actually paid attention!!I always think he ignores me! He sent me a text saying he bought them.. Then yesterday Miss Foxy was hungry and he made me steak and massaged my feet.. Aww.. Now if I can only get him to be a Republican and dislike gsp we would live in peace and harmony!! He made me feel happy today for just being a good guy that I never give credit to.. I am always so willing to be alone and do it myself I forget what's in front of me..
Bennie and the Jets ? how could you and i ever agree on anything ?

did you ever stop to think if he's such a wonderful,classy intelligent guy that
maybe its "YOU" who is wrong about GSP ?...just a thought.
Old 01-07-2011, 11:01 PM
Miss Foxy

Quote:
Originally Posted by bradwright View Post
Bennie and the Jets ? how could you and i ever agree on anything ?

did you ever stop to think if he's such a wonderful,classy intelligent guy that
maybe its "YOU" who is wrong about GSP ?...just a thought.
What is the world coming to huh?! Yeah I love Elton John!! Mainly that song I wanna wear huge white sunglasses! We don't agree on fighters whatsoever! He hates all my men! lol.. He calls me a hater.. As if!
Old 01-08-2011, 01:11 PM
surveyorshawn

I'm having a better perspective than I did yesterday...
Yesterday I would have gotten Benaiah for weekend visitation, even though I just dropped him off last Sunday from Christmas visitation (had him for a week). I wanted to make doubly sure I was correct so as to not slight anyone, so I attempted to contact my attorney & have him coordinate with Ben's mom's attorney to avoid any conflict, but was unable to get him, so I emailed Ben's mom, asking for her to please let me know what her interpretation of the post-holiday visitation was as soon as possible so that I would know if I should come to pick him up that day or not. She didn't respond either, but my lawyer called me back and said I don't get him until next week (14th), and that he had verified with her lawyer. My normal pickup time is 6pm, I had emailed her at 1:30. She emailed me back at nearly 8pm and with some long message pasting quotes from past emails, and saying she had waited until 7pm for me to pick Ben up.

I live an hour away, and it was very frustrating that she had nearly 5 hours to respond, but chose not to until it was too late to get him, and until after his bed time. It seemed like, at the time, merely a ploy to make me lose my weekend with Ben. I felt a lot of frustration, anger, etc. Of course lots of inappropriate thoughts raced through my head, and I prayed and asked God to help me deal with them and to see things as He sees them, and to see the situation as He sees it. So many people deal with much, much worse situations. I had some peace about it before I went to sleep.

This morning as I was reading in 2 Corinthians, this is what spoke to me:

II Corinthians 4:16-18

Therefore we do not lose heart. Though outwardly we are wasting away, yet inwardly we are being renewed day by day. For our light and momentary troubles are achieving for us an eternal glory that far outweighs them all. So we fix our eyes not on what is seen, but on what is unseen, since what is seen is temporary, but what is unseen is eternal.

Benaiah will know me and love me because of how I am with him and how I treat him. He will be old enough to see through everything else in a few years.
Old 01-09-2011, 11:34 AM
Super Moderator

I feel icky. I have a cold. I started feeling bad yesterday when I was in the store buying groceries. It was crowded and crazy, as bad as Christmas, due to the upcoming winter storm event coming tomorrow.

I really need to go to church today despite feeling bad but then I can come home and lay down in bed for the rest of the day. Luckily I did my laundry yesterday and everything else that I normally do on weekends can wait.

~Amy

My son made this for me:
Old 01-10-2011, 04:48 PM
Miss Foxy

I feel sad for my brother and sister in law.. She is 5mths pregnant and ended up in the hospital due to her water bag leaking. Well they kept her overnight I don't have too many details other than her bad broke sometime in the night and pretty much she won't be continuing her pregnancy.. I have not gone to the hospital, because I feel so bad and don't know what to say or do to comfort them.. The sad thing is our sister just gave birth Christmas Eve so we have the happiness of Noah's birth now this tragedy..I am too emotional and I think I would do more harm than good to them. I did text him to let him know I love him and his family. I just don't understand why them..
Old 01-10-2011, 05:27 PM
County Mike

Quote:
I feel sad for my brother and sister in law.. She is 5mths pregnant and ended up in the hospital due to her water bag leaking. Well they kept her overnight I don't have too many details other than her bad broke sometime in the night and pretty much she won't be continuing her pregnancy.. I have not gone to the hospital, because I feel so bad and don't know what to say or do to comfort them.. The sad thing is our sister just gave birth Christmas Eve so we have the happiness of Noah's birth now this tragedy..I am too emotional and I think I would do more harm than good to them. I did text him to let him know I love him and his family. I just don't understand why them..
That is heart breaking. I'm sad now.
Old 01-10-2011, 07:48 PM
Super Moderator

Quote:

Sometimes it is the really good people who truly deserve good things that have the worst things happen to them. I'm so sorry.

~Amy

My son made this for me:
Old 01-10-2011, 07:50 PM
Angry @ Injustice!

I'm sorry to hear that Miss Foxy