Go Back   Matt-Hughes.com Official Forums > General Discussions > The Woodshed

Old 12-08-2010, 10:19 PM
Chris F

frustrated!!!!! Can;t seem to find a job that pays well enough to provide and I got to get my teeth yanked
Old 12-09-2010, 12:11 AM
surveyorshawn

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris F View Post
frustrated!!!!! Can;t seem to find a job that pays well enough to provide and I got to get my teeth yanked
I hear ya! There is nothing happening here as far as work either. I can't remember the last time I surveyed, and due to a clerical error between the VA & my college, my school check on the 1st was only $200. If it wasn't for my wife's income, we'd be in a cardboard box by now, I think. We were in a town about an hour and a half away for court about Ben (again) this morning, and I found out another surveyor I know over there recently went under due to the economy. He did all the engineering and surveying for the city there, as well as private work, so it's gotten pretty bad. If the economy stays down, I guess I'll have a Phd and a lot of student loans to pay back, lol.
Old 12-09-2010, 01:04 AM
Chris F

Quote:
Originally Posted by surveyorshawn View Post
I hear ya! There is nothing happening here as far as work either. I can't remember the last time I surveyed, and due to a clerical error between the VA & my college, my school check on the 1st was only $200. If it wasn't for my wife's income, we'd be in a cardboard box by now, I think. We were in a town about an hour and a half away for court about Ben (again) this morning, and I found out another surveyor I know over there recently went under due to the economy. He did all the engineering and surveying for the city there, as well as private work, so it's gotten pretty bad. If the economy stays down, I guess I'll have a Phd and a lot of student loans to pay back, lol.
Sorry to hear it. I htought about a return to school for my phd or to get a JD but I am already in for 75,000 with my BA and MA. I applied to a bunch of militray jobs as a historian so maybe I will get lucky. I will keep you in my prayers man
Old 12-09-2010, 03:03 AM
LESS TALK MORE ACTION

hey guys check this site out. boomer turned me on to it a while back. there are a ton of jobs but you may have to relocate.
http://www.usajobs.gov/
Old 12-09-2010, 03:55 AM
Chris F

Quote:
Originally Posted by TENNESSEAN View Post
hey guys check this site out. boomer turned me on to it a while back. there are a ton of jobs but you may have to relocate.
http://www.usajobs.gov/
love it, it was actually the site I used for all those military jobs I was tlaking about. It is a great site
Old 12-10-2010, 12:50 AM
surveyorshawn

I've been there myself as well. I actually applied for several, but the positions either closed, or I was overqualified (they wanted laborers and not licensed surveyors). Also, I don't want to be far away from Benaiah unless I have no other choice, although apart from missing him I'm pretty much over the heat & humidity down here in the summers! My dream surveying job locale would be the Pacific Northwest, I think.....
Old 12-10-2010, 11:32 AM
Angry @ Injustice!

I feel rather pleased with myself
Old 12-11-2010, 01:15 PM
surveyorshawn

My son is AWESOME! After picking him up yesterday evening, we made a pit stop by ToysRus, and Kim & Grandma did a little shopping while I entertained the kids. As we looked at stuff, Ben would tell me what the items were, such as "book" and "blocks". The awesome part was when we got to some large legos and I pointed to them & said "legos" and then he said it back to me! Then he said "I want that"!! I looked at him astonished, and asked, "you want that, Buddy?" and he said, "yeah". This morning after drinking his juice, he handed it to me & said, "through with this". For those of you who have been following his story for a while, you will know why I am super excited!!
Old 12-11-2010, 07:10 PM
surveyorshawn

Well, this morning Benaiah saw something "Christmassy" on tv and started singing "Jingle Bells"! Of course some of the words were gibberish, but he got the tune right and said the words "Jingle bells". Btw, that song was not on, and had not been on all morning. I forgot to mention that as we were in ToysRus last night, he also started singing ""Jesus Loves Me"! Again, most of it was just baby talk, but he sang "Jesus" very clearly, got the tune near perfect, and was very close on the "Yes, Jesus loves me" part. I asked him if Mama sings that song to him, and he said "Yeah", lol, so we started singing it together. I'm so proud of him!!
Old 12-11-2010, 09:42 PM
hughesfan4life

i feel sad!.:(,it's my birthday tommorow,there is a major rift in my family...my auntie,whoi was very close to no longer talks to me,she is my dad's sister,who he adores,i would never expect him to disown her but her son,my cousin who has substance abuse problems stabbed me in the back