Go Back   Matt-Hughes.com Official Forums > General Discussions > The Woodshed

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #741  
Old 12-08-2010, 10:19 PM
Chris F
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

frustrated!!!!! Can;t seem to find a job that pays well enough to provide and I got to get my teeth yanked
Reply With Quote
  #742  
Old 12-09-2010, 12:11 AM
surveyorshawn
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris F View Post
frustrated!!!!! Can;t seem to find a job that pays well enough to provide and I got to get my teeth yanked
I hear ya! There is nothing happening here as far as work either. I can't remember the last time I surveyed, and due to a clerical error between the VA & my college, my school check on the 1st was only $200. If it wasn't for my wife's income, we'd be in a cardboard box by now, I think. We were in a town about an hour and a half away for court about Ben (again) this morning, and I found out another surveyor I know over there recently went under due to the economy. He did all the engineering and surveying for the city there, as well as private work, so it's gotten pretty bad. If the economy stays down, I guess I'll have a Phd and a lot of student loans to pay back, lol.
Reply With Quote
  #743  
Old 12-09-2010, 01:04 AM
Chris F
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by surveyorshawn View Post
I hear ya! There is nothing happening here as far as work either. I can't remember the last time I surveyed, and due to a clerical error between the VA & my college, my school check on the 1st was only $200. If it wasn't for my wife's income, we'd be in a cardboard box by now, I think. We were in a town about an hour and a half away for court about Ben (again) this morning, and I found out another surveyor I know over there recently went under due to the economy. He did all the engineering and surveying for the city there, as well as private work, so it's gotten pretty bad. If the economy stays down, I guess I'll have a Phd and a lot of student loans to pay back, lol.
Sorry to hear it. I htought about a return to school for my phd or to get a JD but I am already in for 75,000 with my BA and MA. I applied to a bunch of militray jobs as a historian so maybe I will get lucky. I will keep you in my prayers man
Reply With Quote
  #744  
Old 12-09-2010, 03:03 AM
TENNESSEAN's Avatar
TENNESSEAN TENNESSEAN is offline
LESS TALK MORE ACTION
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Posts: 428
Default

hey guys check this site out. boomer turned me on to it a while back. there are a ton of jobs but you may have to relocate.
http://www.usajobs.gov/
Reply With Quote
  #745  
Old 12-09-2010, 03:55 AM
Chris F
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by TENNESSEAN View Post
hey guys check this site out. boomer turned me on to it a while back. there are a ton of jobs but you may have to relocate.
http://www.usajobs.gov/
love it, it was actually the site I used for all those military jobs I was tlaking about. It is a great site
Reply With Quote
  #746  
Old 12-10-2010, 12:50 AM
surveyorshawn
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

I've been there myself as well. I actually applied for several, but the positions either closed, or I was overqualified (they wanted laborers and not licensed surveyors). Also, I don't want to be far away from Benaiah unless I have no other choice, although apart from missing him I'm pretty much over the heat & humidity down here in the summers! My dream surveying job locale would be the Pacific Northwest, I think.....
Reply With Quote
  #747  
Old 12-10-2010, 11:32 AM
Tyburn's Avatar
Tyburn Tyburn is offline
Angry @ Injustice!
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: England
Posts: 16,845
Default

I feel rather pleased with myself
Reply With Quote
  #748  
Old 12-11-2010, 01:15 PM
surveyorshawn
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

My son is AWESOME! After picking him up yesterday evening, we made a pit stop by ToysRus, and Kim & Grandma did a little shopping while I entertained the kids. As we looked at stuff, Ben would tell me what the items were, such as "book" and "blocks". The awesome part was when we got to some large legos and I pointed to them & said "legos" and then he said it back to me! Then he said "I want that"!! I looked at him astonished, and asked, "you want that, Buddy?" and he said, "yeah". This morning after drinking his juice, he handed it to me & said, "through with this". For those of you who have been following his story for a while, you will know why I am super excited!!
Reply With Quote
  #749  
Old 12-11-2010, 07:10 PM
surveyorshawn
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Well, this morning Benaiah saw something "Christmassy" on tv and started singing "Jingle Bells"! Of course some of the words were gibberish, but he got the tune right and said the words "Jingle bells". Btw, that song was not on, and had not been on all morning. I forgot to mention that as we were in ToysRus last night, he also started singing ""Jesus Loves Me"! Again, most of it was just baby talk, but he sang "Jesus" very clearly, got the tune near perfect, and was very close on the "Yes, Jesus loves me" part. I asked him if Mama sings that song to him, and he said "Yeah", lol, so we started singing it together. I'm so proud of him!!
Reply With Quote
  #750  
Old 12-11-2010, 09:42 PM
hughesfan4life
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

i feel sad!.:(,it's my birthday tommorow,there is a major rift in my family...my auntie,whoi was very close to no longer talks to me,she is my dad's sister,who he adores,i would never expect him to disown her but her son,my cousin who has substance abuse problems stabbed me in the back
Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT. The time now is 09:37 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.