Go Back   Matt-Hughes.com Official Forums > General Discussions > The Woodshed

Old 10-04-2010, 02:59 PM
Angry @ Injustice!

Quote:
Originally Posted by VCURamFan View Post
Eager.

I got pissed that my toe still wasn't healing up properly on Friday (everytime it got touched/tapped/bumped, it would start bleeding again), so I just grabbed it & ripped it off. Bled like a witch for about 30min, but now it's all cleaned out & healing nicely. I'm gonna tape the crap outta it & get back in the gym tonight!!
Chop, Chop...you got less then two weeks
Old 10-04-2010, 03:02 PM
MMA, VCU, & Doctor Who

Send a message via AIM to VCURamFan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tyburn View Post
Chop, Chop...you got less then two weeks
Yeah, no joke. It's all good though: I just got H.I.T. Squad Urban Camo Fight Shorts in the mail this weekend, so I've got Fiore, Lawler, Hughes, Watson, Veach, Foster, Whisper, Riggs, Laux, etc. backing me up in there.
Old 10-04-2010, 03:16 PM
Angry @ Injustice!

Quote:
Yeah, no joke. It's all good though: I just got H.I.T. Squad Urban Camo Fight Shorts in the mail this weekend, so I've got Fiore, Lawler, Hughes, Watson, Veach, Foster, Whisper, Riggs, Laux, etc. backing me up in there.
dont forget cortez coleman

Old 10-04-2010, 03:23 PM
MMA, VCU, & Doctor Who

Quote:
dont forget cortez coleman

I'm sure I'm forgetting more than just him!

EDIT: CJ Fernandes, David Jesus Fuentes, Charlie Brenneman, Clay French, Justin Robbins, & Mario Stapel
Old 10-04-2010, 03:24 PM
Angry @ Injustice!

Quote:
I'm sure I'm forgetting more than just him!
Well yes...Ryan Davis, Charles Hackman and clay French, to mention, but a few
Old 10-04-2010, 03:26 PM
MMA, VCU, & Doctor Who

Quote:
Well yes...Ryan Davis, Charles Hackman and clay French, to mention, but a few
I beat you to Clay, but I didn't even know about the other two!
Old 10-04-2010, 03:43 PM
Angry @ Injustice!

Quote:
I beat you to Clay, but I didn't even know about the other two!
Ryan Davis succeeded Matt Pena...and Charles Hackman, is a wild card, I know he does have a fight record, and I know he does personal training out of the HIT Squad, or was trying to get it set up when I saw him this time last year
Old 10-04-2010, 06:40 PM
Angry @ Injustice!

Happy and peaceful

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fjZ8fBGtMaI
Old 10-05-2010, 03:03 AM
Buzzard

Quote:
Originally Posted by Twinsmama View Post
I don't know why but I feel the need to compliment you on your good typing and spelling skills even one handed and on pain meds

hope today is better
Thanks, I always try to proofread before I hit the submit button. It's an annoying habit I have. Things got a little better didn't happen as fast as I wanted.

After 4 days of misery and their taking their sweet arsed time in prescribing proper pain meds, I have been having some relief finally. They finally put me on dilaudid after oxycontin and percasets together didn't work, though they were very stingy in prescribing a high enough dose. They started me on 4 mg every 4-6 hours and made me wait for 48 hours to see if it would help; it didn't. Finally on the 5th day they upped the dilaudid to 8 mg every 4-6 hours and I finally got some relief.

Found out I had a 70% tear in the rotator cuff along with some bursitis and a few other problems. They had to shave off a bone spur and shave off some of my shoulder blade that was almost piercing through my skin. They just dropped me down to 4 mg of dilaudid and it's not working well. I'm trying to get them to take me to 6 mg and then wean me down to 4 mg every 4-6 hours. I don't like taking the pain pills but I don't like the kind of pain I'm having without it. Went off of them for 24 hours and that was a big big mistake as I was almost in tears again.

How long does this kind of pain last for after rotator cuff surgery? I must have a high tolerance for the pain meds because some people say they would be loopy from the doses I have taken, yet they don't seem to affect me that way. They're supposed to cause drowsiness etc., but again, not much here.
Old 10-05-2010, 11:12 AM
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Buzzard View Post
Thanks, I always try to proofread before I hit the submit button. It's an annoying habit I have. Things got a little better didn't happen as fast as I wanted.

After 4 days of misery and their taking their sweet arsed time in prescribing proper pain meds, I have been having some relief finally. They finally put me on dilaudid after oxycontin and percasets together didn't work, though they were very stingy in prescribing a high enough dose. They started me on 4 mg every 4-6 hours and made me wait for 48 hours to see if it would help; it didn't. Finally on the 5th day they upped the dilaudid to 8 mg every 4-6 hours and I finally got some relief.

Found out I had a 70% tear in the rotator cuff along with some bursitis and a few other problems. They had to shave off a bone spur and shave off some of my shoulder blade that was almost piercing through my skin. They just dropped me down to 4 mg of dilaudid and it's not working well. I'm trying to get them to take me to 6 mg and then wean me down to 4 mg every 4-6 hours. I don't like taking the pain pills but I don't like the kind of pain I'm having without it. Went off of them for 24 hours and that was a big big mistake as I was almost in tears again.

How long does this kind of pain last for after rotator cuff surgery? I must have a high tolerance for the pain meds because some people say they would be loopy from the doses I have taken, yet they don't seem to affect me that way. They're supposed to cause drowsiness etc., but again, not much here.

So many people get addicted to those pain meds that the docs have to be very careful about prescribing them. There is a big push to decrease the prescriptions because doctors are being held accountable for the addicts out there with multiple meds. Anna Nicole Smith and Michael Jackson are famous examples of the problem. Overdoses on those meds are also getting to be common. That's why they are being stingy. If you aren't feeling the effects of the meds then it is possible that you don't get the medication out of your system because you aren't metabolizing it. The medication just floats around in your bloodstream. This could cause a higher than average blood level of the medication and could cause a quick overdose after a few days of it building up in your system because you haven't processed it. Meds are tricky business. I'm sorry you're in pain.

~Amy

My son made this for me: