Go Back   Matt-Hughes.com Official Forums > General Discussions > The Woodshed

Old 09-30-2010, 04:36 PM
Allons-y

Send a message via AIM to VCURamFan

Quote:
Originally Posted by TexasRN View Post
Why have I not received any text pictures? Keep it clean, keep it wrapped 24/7, let it heal. You should be able to compete in the tourney but you may have to lay out of the gym for a week or so for training. You can still go to class and observe, can't you? I have done that in the past when I had my toe first injured and was out for that year. At least you are still hearing the technique and seeing the rolling sessions to pick up on things.

~Amy
Sorry, guess I've been lax in my duties to pass on gore. I was too pissed Monday to thin about spreading the joy.

After two days of accidentally kicking stuff, though, it looks like the nail is about ready to fall off. Maybe if you're a good girl, I'll video tape it & post it to YouTube for ya!
Old 09-30-2010, 05:26 PM
SupaDupaMod

Send a message via Yahoo to Neezar

Rip it off, you big Weenie! And get back to the gym!

jk. I can't STAND toe pain! I stump my toe and I am done! lol.

Wrap it with 'bulkee' and go to the gym. Use the whole roll for padding.
Old 09-30-2010, 05:30 PM
Allons-y

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neezar View Post
Rip it off, you big Weenie! And get back to the gym!

jk. I can't STAND toe pain! I stump my toe and I am done! lol.

Wrap it with 'bulkee' and go to the gym. Use the whole roll for padding.
I'll make sure I send the YouTube link to you, first, Neez.
Old 09-30-2010, 07:11 PM
surveyorshawn

Quote:
Originally Posted by VCURamFan View Post
Aight, well you get your sax re-padded & then swing by Richmond & we can play together sometime. If you come during basketball season, you an play in the VCU Pep Band with me for our home games!
Awesome, a fellow sax player! I played alto & barry, but primarily alto. I used to love it, & really miss it sometimes.
Old 09-30-2010, 07:25 PM
surveyorshawn

Quote:
I'll make sure I send the YouTube link to you, first, Neez.
Ben, are you competing gi and no gi? Also, are you competing in your wt class and in open wt? I assume you are competing at superheavy (208-221) right? You absolutely must post videos!
Old 09-30-2010, 07:44 PM
Allons-y

Quote:
Originally Posted by surveyorshawn View Post
Awesome, a fellow sax player! I played alto & barry, but primarily alto. I used to love it, & really miss it sometimes.
No, not sax. I play Trombone. Have for 12yrs now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by surveyorshawn View Post
Ben, are you competing gi and no gi? Also, are you competing in your wt class and in open wt? I assume you are competing at superheavy (208-221) right? You absolutely must post videos!
Yup, gi & no-gi Super heavyweight (our limit is 217, I believe) & Absolute. I've got some friends plannign to come cheer me on, so I'm assuming that at least one fo them will be willing to tape it for me.
Old 09-30-2010, 08:03 PM
surveyorshawn

Quote:
No, not sax. I play Trombone. Have for 12yrs now.
Cool! I have a few friends who played trombone. When I played tuba and sousaphone in high school, they had 3 keys. When I was in Drum & Bugle Corps in the Navy, we played Contrabass, which resembled the marching tubas I had used some in high school, except a few of them has only 2 keys, and some of them had one key and a small slide similar to a trombone except that we could operate it with one finger. It took a little getting used to, but was faster than a 3-key instrument.

Quote:
Yup, gi & no-gi Super heavyweight (our limit is 217, I believe) & Absolute. I've got some friends plannign to come cheer me on, so I'm assuming that at least one fo them will be willing to tape it for me.
I liked taping my fights because I could see my mistakes & where I needed to improve. I put 2 of them from a tournament up on youtube a year or so ago. One of them I won relatively easilly, and in the other one I got dominated the entire time, lol. I didn't feel too bad, because the guy who beat me won all of his fights easily that tournament and the next one.
Old 10-01-2010, 03:01 PM
BamaGrits84

Sad and sick. As I've shared on here before I lost my sister last November. She had 2 sons, ages 12 & 11. Well I got a call this morning from their stepmom (yeah he remarried already) that the oldest has been having some problems in school and told a teacher he'd been dreaming about his mom alot. We he won't talk about it with his dad or stepmom, nor will her go to the grave with them. So I was asked to see if I can get him to talk to me. At the very least enough to know if he needs to see a counselor or what. I wonder if he is using his mom as an excuse for his school problems. I mean I understand missing his mom, but if it's stopping him from doing homework but not playing video games, well that makes no sense.

But I've been missing her a lot lately, and my dad who passed when I was 13. So I know this talk with him is probably going to turn into me crying like a baby.

Oh and my throat hurts so back everytime I swallow I feel like someone is turning a knife between my throat and ear. So it's not like I'm feel well as it is today.
Old 10-01-2010, 03:33 PM
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by BamaGrits84 View Post
Sad and sick. As I've shared on here before I lost my sister last November. She had 2 sons, ages 12 & 11. Well I got a call this morning from their stepmom (yeah he remarried already) that the oldest has been having some problems in school and told a teacher he'd been dreaming about his mom alot. We he won't talk about it with his dad or stepmom, nor will her go to the grave with them. So I was asked to see if I can get him to talk to me. At the very least enough to know if he needs to see a counselor or what. I wonder if he is using his mom as an excuse for his school problems. I mean I understand missing his mom, but if it's stopping him from doing homework but not playing video games, well that makes no sense.

But I've been missing her a lot lately, and my dad who passed when I was 13. So I know this talk with him is probably going to turn into me crying like a baby.

Oh and my throat hurts so back everytime I swallow I feel like someone is turning a knife between my throat and ear. So it's not like I'm feel well as it is today.
He needs grief counseling for sure. I would highly recommend getting both boys in for it actually but especially the oldest. And soon.

~Amy

My son made this for me:
Old 10-01-2010, 03:41 PM
Allons-y

Quote:
Originally Posted by TexasRN View Post
He needs grief counseling for sure. I would highly recommend getting both boys in for it actually but especially the oldest. And soon.

~Amy
I agree. When I lost my grandmother a few years ago, I did nothing but sit in my room, play video games & surf the internet for hours at a time. Skipped classes, ignored papers, etc., etc., etc. I just wanted to escape from the grief & not have to deal with the world & turned anything that could distract me from what I was feeling.