Go Back   Matt-Hughes.com Official Forums > General Discussions > The Woodshed

Old 09-14-2010, 08:08 PM
Allons-y

Send a message via AIM to VCURamFan

Quote:
Originally Posted by County Mike View Post
Stop breaking your computer.
Dude, I wish it were my fault! Every time they fix a problem, the first I ask IT is "What did I do so I can avoid it?" & all they can ever tell me is "I dunno, I think the system's just not stable right now."
Old 09-16-2010, 02:37 PM
BamaGrits84

Old 09-16-2010, 03:50 PM
Super Moderator

I feel nervous. I am going back to the gym tonight for JJ classes after a year's hiatus due to injury. This is a sister gym so it will be all new guys in the class who have no clue who I am. The other guys had all gotten used to me and my weirdness. I think it will be the same instructor though so hopefully it won't be too odd when I jump into class.

I am actually more nervous about the physical activity than I am about the guys. I am soooo out of shape and my cardio is horrid right now.

~Amy

My son made this for me:
Old 09-16-2010, 04:04 PM
Twinsmama

Quote:
Originally Posted by Buzzard View Post
PTM, twinsmama and Neezar, thanks for the well wishes and advice.

They now prescribed oxycontin 20mg, 1 every 12 hours and I'm in 1.5 hours into the first dose with only the smallest bit of relief. They said I could still take the percaset for breakthrough pain, but I don't really want to have to take both. I'm going to give it another 1/2 hour before deciding if I want to take the percaset too. I definitely need some sleep, but can't with this level of pain. I have some naproxen I'll ask if I can take tomorrow if I don't get the relief needed. I always heard shoulder surgery was painful, but didn't realize how painful it would actually be. I was almost in tears when my sister brought me the new meds.

Sorry to dump on everyone here, though it has given me some mental relief. I hope everyone else has a better day/week/month than I have.
I don't know why but I feel the need to compliment you on your good typing and spelling skills even one handed and on pain meds

hope today is better
Old 09-16-2010, 04:10 PM
Rochambeau

Quote:
Originally Posted by TexasRN View Post
I feel nervous. I am going back to the gym tonight for JJ classes after a year's hiatus due to injury. This is a sister gym so it will be all new guys in the class who have no clue who I am. The other guys had all gotten used to me and my weirdness. I think it will be the same instructor though so hopefully it won't be too odd when I jump into class.

I am actually more nervous about the physical activity than I am about the guys. I am soooo out of shape and my cardio is horrid right now.

~Amy

I can relate. Don't expect too much from yourself.
Old 09-16-2010, 04:24 PM
Angry @ Injustice!

Quote:
Originally Posted by BamaGrits84 View Post
oh No...Now dont cry

perhaps this will cheer you up

Just play this, close your eyes, and relax

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rRMi1JOuaMU
Old 09-16-2010, 05:05 PM
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rochambeau View Post
I can relate. Don't expect too much from yourself.
My goal for the class is to finish the whole class and not puke. I'm definitely not going to be one of those pretty, golden girls who gently perspire and turn shimmery as they sweat. I'm one of those girls who gets all redfaced and out of breath like I'm about to die.

~Amy

My son made this for me:
Old 09-16-2010, 05:10 PM
County Mike

Quote:
Originally Posted by TexasRN View Post

~Amy
Pretend it's your first day ever. They'll be impressed no matter how bad or out of shape you are.
Old 09-16-2010, 05:15 PM
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by County Mike View Post
Pretend it's your first day ever. They'll be impressed no matter how bad or out of shape you are.
Ok.

~Amy

My son made this for me:
Old 09-16-2010, 05:20 PM
Rochambeau

Do you know your limits or will you push yourself as much as you can?