Go Back   Matt-Hughes.com Official Forums > General Discussions > The Woodshed

Old 09-10-2010, 03:19 PM
DonnaMaria

Quote:
Originally Posted by BamaGrits84 View Post
I think you got me sick!

I feel so sick at my tummy and have for a couple of weeks now.

I swear I'm gonna jump off the tallest building in Montgomery if my not feeling well ends up costing me $600 a month in daycare. (just joking. well kind of. maybe i'd just commit myself because insanity would be the next phase).
ohmygosh! I JUST had a kid get sick in my classroom!

And before he hurled he clutched his tummy and yelled.......

"Oh LORD my tummy hurts SO BAD!!!!!! I THINK IM GOING TO HAVE A BABY!!!!"

But there wasn't a baby thankfully. Just some cupcake.
Old 09-14-2010, 07:01 AM
Buzzard

I'm in more pain than Percasets can handle. I had shoulder surgery today and the doc found a torn rotater cuff which didn't show in the MRI or other films. The surgery took a lot longer than originally planned. I can't wait until the Drs. office opens so I can hopefully get some stronger pain meds. Sucks too because it's in my dominant hand and any movement kills me. I'm trying to fight the urge to take more pills than prescribed, but I may give up the fight if it doesn't doesn't start feeling better soon.

It was the first time I had a nerve block and it was so strange having a dead arm. Started being able to move my hand a couple of hours ago.
Old 09-14-2010, 07:41 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Buzzard View Post
I'm in more pain than Percasets can handle. I had shoulder surgery today and the doc found a torn rotater cuff which didn't show in the MRI or other films. The surgery took a lot longer than originally planned. I can't wait until the Drs. office opens so I can hopefully get some stronger pain meds. Sucks too because it's in my dominant hand and any movement kills me. I'm trying to fight the urge to take more pills than prescribed, but I may give up the fight if it doesn't doesn't start feeling better soon.

It was the first time I had a nerve block and it was so strange having a dead arm. Started being able to move my hand a couple of hours ago.
I hope you heal up fast and start feeling better.
Old 09-14-2010, 01:09 PM
Twinsmama

Ouch that is terrible. I'd try to only take what is prescribed too. I hate pain pills but sometimes they are necessary. I had no problem taking them right after surgery I would definately call the dr as soon as they open. some pain pills don't work for me so i have to be prescribed certain ones. that may be the case if they are not helping you. I hope they get you something that works. I hope you start feeling better soon!!!!!!!!!!!!
Old 09-14-2010, 02:07 PM
MMA, VCU, & Doctor Who

Send a message via AIM to VCURamFan

Resigned. There's just been one problem after another at work this week (i.e. all day yesterday & for the last 1.5hrs this morning). everytime IT resolves one issue for me, a brand new one pops up, or an old one resurfaces. At this point I've given up on this being a "good" or even "normal" week, & I'm just going to assume I'll be way behind for the foreseeable future.
Old 09-14-2010, 02:16 PM
County Mike

Quote:
Originally Posted by VCURamFan View Post
Resigned. There's just been one problem after another at work this week (i.e. all day yesterday & for the last 1.5hrs this morning). everytime IT resolves one issue for me, a brand new one pops up, or an old one resurfaces. At this point I've given up on this being a "good" or even "normal" week, & I'm just going to assume I'll be way behind for the foreseeable future.
Stop breaking your computer.
Old 09-14-2010, 02:35 PM
Rochambeau

I actually feel bad every day, every moment of every day. That might sound negative, but that's just how it's been for me for the last few years. Chronic illness makes everything more difficult and it makes it hard for people to be able relate to you. You get talks from people on how you can be positive and make yourself not be sick; as you can imagine that works. It definitely makes me more understanding of how others might feel, but it sucks in the process. You learn a lot (especially about other people).
Old 09-14-2010, 04:11 PM
SupaDupaMod

Send a message via Yahoo to Neezar

Quote:

Do you have any meds prescribed with the Percocets? Is there any reason you can't take Motrin?

Percocets are usually prescribed every 4 to 6 hours. You can take Motrin every 6 hours. Take 800mg of Motrin and wait 3 hours and take your Percocets. Wait 3 hours and take Motrin again, then after 3 hours the percocet, etc. Take it on time even if you aren't hurting for the first day. If you aren't hurting too bad after the first day then you can cut the Motrin to 400mg. You can do this for 3 or 4 days. The Motrin has anti-inflammatory properties which help alot. And you are only taking the Percocets every 6 hours and they will last longer.

(Note: Don't do this too often or too many days in a row. The Motrin has blood thinning properties and can mess your stomach up if you use it too much.)
Old 09-14-2010, 05:38 PM
Buzzard

PTM, twinsmama and Neezar, thanks for the well wishes and advice.

They now prescribed oxycontin 20mg, 1 every 12 hours and I'm in 1.5 hours into the first dose with only the smallest bit of relief. They said I could still take the percaset for breakthrough pain, but I don't really want to have to take both. I'm going to give it another 1/2 hour before deciding if I want to take the percaset too. I definitely need some sleep, but can't with this level of pain. I have some naproxen I'll ask if I can take tomorrow if I don't get the relief needed. I always heard shoulder surgery was painful, but didn't realize how painful it would actually be. I was almost in tears when my sister brought me the new meds.

Sorry to dump on everyone here, though it has given me some mental relief. I hope everyone else has a better day/week/month than I have.
Old 09-14-2010, 05:39 PM
Angry @ Injustice!

Quote:
I hope everyone else has a better day/week/month than I have.
not really

but I didnt have the physical pain

hope you get well soon.