Go Back   Matt-Hughes.com Official Forums > General Discussions > The Woodshed

Old 07-29-2010, 11:32 PM
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Miss Foxy View Post
I feel very disconnected from everyone and everything. I don't feel like my usual self. I have no desire to smile or even frown... It's a numb feeling.
I do that when I'm really stressed. I want to just become a hermit and not do anything with anyone. I don't even like answering my phone. Ben's right. I make myself socialize and fake it until I feel ok again. It's hard but necessary. If you continue to feel numb for more than a couple of weeks, go see a doctor. You have been under a lot of stress lately, stress that would knock anyone on their butt. Hold your head up high, fake a smile, make a movie date with a good girl friend how makes you laugh but doesn't require "work" to be with her, and wait it out. I'll say a prayer for you tonight.

~Amy

My son made this for me:
Old 07-29-2010, 11:35 PM
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by DonnaMaria View Post
I guess he figured "Hell I'm going to get noticed anyway..........might as well wear the orange suit and "go big!"

I admire people who don't care that they are different and just go for it. He made me feel better without even knowing he did it.

My brother said he was at a stop light in Houston the other day and a whole car of Asians did a Chinese fire drill. Made his day.

~Amy

My son made this for me:
Old 07-29-2010, 11:37 PM
DonnaMaria

Quote:
Originally Posted by TexasRN View Post
I do that when I'm really stressed. I want to just become a hermit and not do anything with anyone. I don't even like answering my phone. Ben's right. I make myself socialize and fake it until I feel ok again. It's hard but necessary. If you continue to feel numb for more than a couple of weeks, go see a doctor. You have been under a lot of stress lately, stress that would knock anyone on their butt. Hold your head up high, fake a smile, make a movie date with a good girl friend how makes you laugh but doesn't require "work" to be with her, and wait it out. I'll say a prayer for you tonight.

~Amy

Good advice!

Sometimes, the only way to get over it and fill the void ...........is to make yourself get over it and fill the void...........
Old 07-29-2010, 11:58 PM
MMA, VCU, & Doctor Who

Send a message via AIM to VCURamFan

Quote:
Originally Posted by TexasRN View Post
I admire people who don't care that they are different and just go for it. He made me feel better without even knowing he did it.

My brother said he was at a stop light in Houston the other day and a whole car of Asians did a Chinese fire drill. Made his day.

~Amy
Hahahahahahaha

Old 07-30-2010, 05:34 PM
BamaGrits84

I'm bummed. It sucks when you feel like you value another person way more than they ever will you.
Old 07-30-2010, 06:30 PM
Miss Foxy

Quote:
Originally Posted by BamaGrits84 View Post
I'm bummed. It sucks when you feel like you value another person way more than they ever will you.
Sounds like you have a big heart sweetie, and that's a gift..Hang in there..
Old 07-30-2010, 06:56 PM
Angry @ Injustice!

Quote:
Originally Posted by BamaGrits84 View Post
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BJ6A4ICwNb4 Might cheer you up a bit
Old 07-30-2010, 09:54 PM
surveyorshawn

I feel pretty crappy right now. Many of you know that I had to sue Benaiah's mom to get normal visitation with him earlier this year. She got state Legal Services to represent her, but I got everything I asked for, which was really just the normal stuff and nothing special. I had to sue her again in May to get the summer visitation that the court had already awarded me, because she was not agreeing to any schedule that fit the 2 week period and then the 3 week periods I was awarded, but wanted some modified versions & said if I didn't agree I would have to take her to court again, so I did. She was also in contempt of court for failing to provide me her contact info as required by the 1st court order, and I was having to call or text her 15 yr old son to get messages to her. Anyway, we went to court in mid-June again, but she asked for a continuance because Legal Services said she would have to go through another intake process that takes 10 days. In the meantime, the judge let me take Ben on vacation with me for a few days & let me keep getting him every other weekend until court again & granted her continuance.

Well, Legal Services really messed her over, and never would let my lawyer know if they were going to represent her or not. They inferred that they did not want to, but were trying to see if they had to. Meanwhile, the summer was ticking by. Fast forward to this week, and there are 5 weeks left, and I get him for 5 weeks, according to the original order. My lawyer got the hearing on the docket for this past Wednesday, but the judge called him on Tuesday & said Legal Services would not return his calls in regard to whether they were going to represent Benaiah's mom or not, so he cancelled the hearing, so my lawyer told me obviously not to show up. Today my lawyer called me and said the judge signed an order granting me my 5 weeks starting this evening at 6pm (I am supposed to pick him up for this weekend anyway) and running until Sept 5 at 6pm. It is a temporary order until she can get legal representation for the other matters or until another hearing date can be set. He told the judge that it really wasn't her fault, because she did apply for Legal Services like she was supposed to, but they had just messed her over, but the judge said she should have given me the ordered visitation to start with and should not have acted in contempt in the other matters and she wouldn't have anything to worry about now, so it was her own fault. I asked my lawyer if I should email her & let her know that the judge had signed an order starting my visitation today for 5 weeks, and he said no, just get Ben & hand her the order.

I am glad I got my visitation, even though it is at the end of summer, but it is kinda crappy the way it all went down. I just don't feel right about showing up & getting Benaiah when she thinks I'm bringing him back Sunday, then handing her a piece of paper & saying, "Oh, by the way, I'm not bringing him back for 5 weeks." Several people have told me I should do it, and that she might take him & run if I give her notice, but I don't feel it's right. I called my pastor & expressed my feelings to him. He quoted a scripture to me that I know well, but just had not verbalized, "Do unto others as you would have them do unto you." It's like I told my wife, no matter how Ben's mom might or might not respond, I have to do what is right. I sent her an email telling her about the order, and told her that as soon as I got it I would scan it in & send her a copy if she wants it (I am taking a certified copy to her when I pick up Benaiah anyway).

I feel better having emailed her, but it is still very bittersweet.

Last edited by surveyorshawn; 07-30-2010 at 10:00 PM. Reason: spelling
Old 07-30-2010, 10:04 PM
BamaGrits84

Quote:
Originally Posted by surveyorshawn View Post
I feel better having emailed her, but it is still very bittersweet.
I think you did the right thing. Good for you. Your son is blessed to have a father that seeks counsel in God.
Old 07-30-2010, 10:24 PM
SupaDupaMod

Send a message via Yahoo to Neezar

He won't get to see his Mommy for 5 weeks?