Go Back   Matt-Hughes.com Official Forums > General Discussions > The Woodshed

Old 06-18-2010, 10:20 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TexasRN View Post
Very stressed. In the last few weeks I've had: surgery, my grandmother pass away, had to drive 10 hours in one day to see the ex for the summer kid trade-off, and now my dad is in the hospital having some sort of heart issue that they spent all night last night testing. Can I just quit for a while?

~Amy
Amy, sorry to hear about your grandmother and dad. Let us know how he's doing. Keeping you and your family in my prayers.
Old 06-27-2010, 05:53 AM
lyndsey823

Quote:
Originally Posted by TexasRN View Post
Very stressed. In the last few weeks I've had: surgery, my grandmother pass away, had to drive 10 hours in one day to see the ex for the summer kid trade-off, and now my dad is in the hospital having some sort of heart issue that they spent all night last night testing. Can I just quit for a while?

~Amy
I've been having to use my phone lately and this is the first time I've made it to a computer for more than 10 seconds. I'm so sorrry to hear all that Amy! I knew you'd had surgery but I didn't know about your Grandmother. My thoughts are with you. Using the Facebook app you miss a lot of things, but you're in my prayers!
Old 06-27-2010, 06:01 AM
lyndsey823

I've actually been great, which is odd to say because for the last few years I've been bummed out all the time, lol. I broke up with my bf of 6 years around Xmas which was the best decision I could have ever made. Moved in with my parents to get back on my feet because he didn't work so I supported us which ini turn left me with credit card debt and owing the IRS $2300 this year :(

But anyway, getting ready to move into my own little place in a week or so and I am so excited about it. Seeing a wonderful guy who treats me like no one has ever before. He's not the usual California guy I get, he's a gentleman from Virginia who always gets my door 6 months later and has never not walked me to my car. Sorry for that part, but that goes a long way guys!! We had a rough patch the last month or so, but things are back on track and I couldn't be happier. Survived 3 layoffs at work, and have actually been taking a lot of call so I think I can pay my debt and IRS bill off sooner than I thought. Living with my parents has brought me closer to my sister who is now sad that I am moving and is trying to convince me to stay, or let her stay with me a few nights a week. We've kind of grown codependant on each other, lol. So yeah, to sum it up, I feel great. Things have finally been going my way for once. Have great friends and amazing family and I would be a fool to ask for more. Went and had a mani-pedi with my mom today, and let my dad buy me a TV for my new place, lol. And it's nice to be able to be back on here, I've missed you guys!!!
Old 06-27-2010, 06:11 AM
Stump Rules!

Good news!

http://stumpdotcom.com/
Old 06-27-2010, 06:20 AM
lyndsey823

Quote:
Originally Posted by MattHughesRocks View Post
Good news!
Lol I was thinking of you the other day. I don't know if you've noticed my updates on Myspace like every day about the new guy, you probably think I am a weirdo if you have. There is just this guy at work who wont leave me alone and keeps asking me out, he just doesn't get the hint. Plus he HATES the guy I'm dating so I am kinda hoping he gets the point now. I've had to explain in to a few people lol
Old 06-27-2010, 01:59 PM
Stump Rules!

I pretty much dumped myspace so I haven't seen your updates It sounds like that guy just wants what he can't have so start acting like your really interested in him. Start naming your future children and talking about being a house wife and how you can't wait til you don't have to worry about even getting dressed up anymore since you'll be married and won't need to look cute anymore. Act excited.Sure way to get rid of him .

Quote:
Originally Posted by lyndsey823 View Post
Lol I was thinking of you the other day. I don't know if you've noticed my updates on Myspace like every day about the new guy, you probably think I am a weirdo if you have. There is just this guy at work who wont leave me alone and keeps asking me out, he just doesn't get the hint. Plus he HATES the guy I'm dating so I am kinda hoping he gets the point now. I've had to explain in to a few people lol

http://stumpdotcom.com/
Old 06-27-2010, 03:37 PM
lyndsey823

Quote:
Originally Posted by MattHughesRocks View Post
I pretty much dumped myspace so I haven't seen your updates It sounds like that guy just wants what he can't have so start acting like your really interested in him. Start naming your future children and talking about being a house wife and how you can't wait til you don't have to worry about even getting dressed up anymore since you'll be married and won't need to look cute anymore. Act excited.Sure way to get rid of him .
Yeah the only reason I am on there anymore is for this reason. You know, I think I might take your exact advice, I never thought about that!! Talking about marriage and kids is a surefire way to freak a guy out. Why didn't I come up with that? I mean, I've managed to ruin a few other relationships with that hahahaha
Old 06-28-2010, 04:01 PM
Miss Foxy

Quote:
I've actually been great, which is odd to say because for the last few years I've been bummed out all the time, lol. I broke up with my bf of 6 years around Xmas which was the best decision I could have ever made. Moved in with my parents to get back on my feet because he didn't work so I supported us which ini turn left me with credit card debt and owing the IRS $2300 this year :(

But anyway, getting ready to move into my own little place in a week or so and I am so excited about it. Seeing a wonderful guy who treats me like no one has ever before. He's not the usual California guy I get, he's a gentleman from Virginia who always gets my door 6 months later and has never not walked me to my car. Sorry for that part, but that goes a long way guys!! We had a rough patch the last month or so, but things are back on track and I couldn't be happier. Survived 3 layoffs at work, and have actually been taking a lot of call so I think I can pay my debt and IRS bill off sooner than I thought. Living with my parents has brought me closer to my sister who is now sad that I am moving and is trying to convince me to stay, or let her stay with me a few nights a week. We've kind of grown codependant on each other, lol. So yeah, to sum it up, I feel great. Things have finally been going my way for once. Have great friends and amazing family and I would be a fool to ask for more. Went and had a mani-pedi with my mom today, and let my dad buy me a TV for my new place, lol. And it's nice to be able to be back on here, I've missed you guys!!!
Love it Lynds!!! Omg blowin' kisses your way girlie!! Hey we outta meet up soon!! Then we would have some stories to tell!! haha...
Old 06-28-2010, 04:20 PM
Super Moderator

Quote:

That's awesome!! I'm so happy that you're happy. My bf of a little over a year still opens doors for me too.

~Amy

My son made this for me:
Old 06-28-2010, 04:55 PM
County Mike

Quote:
Originally Posted by Miss Foxy View Post
Love it Lynds!!! Omg blowin' kisses your way girlie!! Hey we outta meet up soon!! Then we would have some stories to tell!! haha...
If you two hooked up, you would INDEED have some stories to tell.
And I'm just the guy to tell.