Go Back   Matt-Hughes.com Official Forums > General Discussions > The Woodshed

Old 05-12-2010, 02:16 PM
Twinsmama

What is going on? Is she having bad contractions or just mild that don't hurt bad? I hope she isn't in much pain. What are they doing to induce her? I'm excited for you!!!! come on out Hailey!!!!
Old 05-12-2010, 02:34 PM
County Mike

Monday night they gave her something called Cervidil. That may have helped a little but not enough to force labor. Last night they gave her more Cervidil but still no labor. She was checked and apparently it will still be a while. They're going to give her low-dose Pitocin to help encourage and maintain contractions.
Old 05-12-2010, 04:41 PM
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by County Mike View Post
Monday night they gave her something called Cervidil. That may have helped a little but not enough to force labor. Last night they gave her more Cervidil but still no labor. She was checked and apparently it will still be a while. They're going to give her low-dose Pitocin to help encourage and maintain contractions.
Cervidil is awesome but it just ripens the cervix. It only causes someone to go into real labor if they were right on the brink of doing it on their own in the first place, like they would have done it in a few hours anyway with no meds. So they are "ripening" her cervix with the cervidil. Then they'll start pit (pitocin through the IV) and that will cause labor to start. It is a synthetic version of what mom's body produces to cause labor contractions. Generally we start at 2 milliunits an hour and go up by 2 every hour until we reach a certain number predetermined by the doc or midwife OR until contractions are adequate in strength, length, and spacing. She should contract every 2-5 minutes so hard that her abdomen feels as hard as your forehead. The contractions should last 60 to 90 seconds long. The pit will do it. Then when she starts to dilate they may or may not break her water and then Hailey has her eviction papers.....

~Amy
Old 05-12-2010, 04:44 PM
Miss Foxy

I am very sad. Yesterday I got a call that my neighbor was killed Monday night. I read in the paper about a teen being shot in a nearby city, and did not think anything of it other than what a tragedy... Well that was him. He was 19yrs old and was NOT a gang member, however the reports say it was gang-related. Clarification should be made that the shooter was a gang member not this kid. I know his family very well. His father came from Mexico after his wife abandoned him and his 3 children. Ramon Jr, Elizabeth, and Bianca. This man worked as a dishwasher at a restaurant and barely made ends meet. He did not take handouts nor was on any government assistance. I seen how devoted this man was to his children and they went to church every Sunday on bicycles. This man had no car, very old furniture, and clothing. He always had a smile and never complained he was grateful for what he did have.
I went to see him yesterday after work and I seen him so sad and he was crying in my arms telling me he told his son don't go to your friends just stay home. He told me he had a bad feeling.. He told me the only comfort he can find is that God needed his son..
I am so sad. His only son dead. A senseless cowardly act of some hoodlum...
Old 05-12-2010, 06:29 PM

Quote:
Sorry Donna, not yet. Hailey is being very stubborn. Karen was here, checked some things out, then left again. I think she's coming back tonight to try more inducing.
I'm positive that comes from the "male" gene.
Old 05-12-2010, 06:38 PM
County Mike

Up to 6 milliunits on the pitocin.
Old 05-12-2010, 06:42 PM

Quote:
Have the hard contractions started yet?

Poor Kelli! But, it will be worth it when she's holding Hailey in her arms.
Old 05-12-2010, 06:47 PM
Super Moderator

Quote:
Ahhh, "cranking the pit"..... I wish I could watch the strip from here! Dang, I'm nosey.

~Amy
Old 05-12-2010, 07:00 PM
Miss Foxy

Quote:
My prayers are with you and your family Mike.. Your little girl is gonna be shy.. She don't want to come out.. Good luck!!
Old 05-12-2010, 09:10 PM
MMA, VCU, & Doctor Who

Send a message via AIM to VCURamFan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Miss Foxy View Post
My prayers are with you and your family Mike.. Your little girl is gonna be shy.. She don't want to come out.. Good luck!!
Doubtful. With a Pops like Mike, it's more likely that she's a drama queen waiting to make a grand entrance!