Go Back   Matt-Hughes.com Official Forums > General Discussions > The Woodshed

Old 07-25-2011, 06:21 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Primadawn View Post
Oh..and the original purpose for this morning's conference call? To notify us that we have a patient that is making death threats to our entire department and we should be extra vigilant. Mind you, most of my department is off-site in a locked and secured building. I, along with 2 others, am in the hospital itself, currently in a rather isolated area due to interior remodeling construction. Super.
OMG, that's horrifying! At a hospital?!? You'd think people would be grateful, not homicidal! I don't know what I'd do if there was a work threat, I think I'd not want to go in.

Stay safe...

Rejoice ever more. 1 Thessalonians 5:16
Old 07-25-2011, 06:31 PM
Twinsmama

Quote:
Homicidal! I'm having the worst Monday ever! They switched our print server over the weekend, and despite their email detailing the success of the operation, they have somehow managed to screw up EVERYTHING in our department!

Also...after having been without a department director for months, we were informed on a conference call that one will be starting on Aug 2. Then an hour later we were informed that she decided not to take the job after all.

Oh..and the original purpose for this morning's conference call? To notify us that we have a patient that is making death threats to our entire department and we should be extra vigilant. Mind you, most of my department is off-site in a locked and secured building. I, along with 2 others, am in the hospital itself, currently in a rather isolated area due to interior remodeling construction. Super.

omg!!! that is crazy. it's probably nothing but you just know some people are so crazy. be nice as possible to everyone that way you won't have anything to worry about. smile and say hi to everyone that walks by. that's what happened on greys anatomy and it worked seriously though stay safe i'm sure it's just a threat.
Old 07-25-2011, 06:44 PM
BamaGrits84

Quote:
Homicidal! I'm having the worst Monday ever! They switched our print server over the weekend, and despite their email detailing the success of the operation, they have somehow managed to screw up EVERYTHING in our department!

Also...after having been without a department director for months, we were informed on a conference call that one will be starting on Aug 2. Then an hour later we were informed that she decided not to take the job after all.

What kind of work do you do? Can you carry a small bottle of pepper spray or use a buddy system until they are sure this wacko is not a serious threat?
Old 07-25-2011, 06:47 PM
Primadawn

Yeah, I'm sure it's going to turn out to be nothing--of course that's what everyone thinks until it actually happens. The funny/sad thing is, I'm in billing, and it's actually not our fault this time! The guy's beef is actually with his referring physician and central scheduling. Which I will explain to him down the barrel of his gun as I point the way to the scheduling offices down the hall!
Old 07-25-2011, 07:25 PM
Twinsmama

Quote:
Yeah, I'm sure it's going to turn out to be nothing--of course that's what everyone thinks until it actually happens. The funny/sad thing is, I'm in billing, and it's actually not our fault this time! The guy's beef is actually with his referring physician and central scheduling. Which I will explain to him down the barrel of his gun as I point the way to the scheduling offices down the hall!
or you can explain to him that you are new and just started yesterday. you are so sorry no one has helped him but you will gladly take the charges off so he doesn't have to pay them. he might fall for it, he must not be too smart if he is gonna shoot people over an unresolved problem.
Old 07-26-2011, 02:30 PM
Primadawn

Quote:
Originally Posted by Twinsmama View Post
or you can explain to him that you are new and just started yesterday. you are so sorry no one has helped him but you will gladly take the charges off so he doesn't have to pay them. he might fall for it, he must not be too smart if he is gonna shoot people over an unresolved problem.
He doesn't even have any charges-lol-that's why I don't know why he's mad at us in billing!
He's upset because there's some test he wants to have done and we can't schedule it without a physician order, which his doctor hasn't given him. The only way billing comes in is that we told him his insurance wouldn't pay for it if we did it without a physician order and then we'd have to bill him. This all happened around 2 months ago...then he wrote to the attorney general to complain about us-which is a pretty big deal-but we answered and the attorney general wrote back to him that his claims were unfounded and we were in the right-which set him off again this week!
Bama--pepper spray isn't a bad idea. Due to the construction in the hospital, there's only one way in and one way out of our department right now--not good. I just found out yesterday that this is the same guy that caused quite a commotion a few months ago over the first part of the issue--he showed up at the hospital asking for the patient liaison by name and was directed to her office where he threatened her up close and personal. And he has shown up at our offsite billing office a time or two-so they're on lockdown. I'm not sure why we can't press charges against him for terroristic threats--I thought we were taking that stuff seriously these days!
Old 08-02-2011, 06:18 AM
lyndsey823

Frustrated!!! Can someone please explain to me why the last 5 guys that have asked me out told me over the phone setting up the date they are either married, engaged, or have a gf!!!! And want to know if it makes them bad for wanting better??!! Well yeah if you're attached and going behind their backs it does. Sorry to vent on my dating life but this is the 5th guy in a row. I'm moving.
Old 08-02-2011, 10:54 AM
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by lyndsey823 View Post
Frustrated!!! Can someone please explain to me why the last 5 guys that have asked me out told me over the phone setting up the date they are either married, engaged, or have a gf!!!! And want to know if it makes them bad for wanting better??!! Well yeah if you're attached and going behind their backs it does. Sorry to vent on my dating life but this is the 5th guy in a row. I'm moving.
Move here!! I'll even help you get a job!

I think it is getting much harder to date. I had the same kind of mess before meeting the bf. I really don't ever want to be in the dating scene again. It's just so hard to weed out the weirdos/creeps/jerks.

~Amy

My son made this for me:
Old 08-02-2011, 11:16 AM
County Mike

Quote:
Originally Posted by lyndsey823 View Post
Translation: Wanting a side piece while keeping their current relationship.
Old 08-02-2011, 01:28 PM
rearnakedchoke

Quote:
Originally Posted by County Mike View Post
Translation: Wanting a side piece while keeping their current relationship.
LOL ... why order the Big Mac when you can get the combo for only $1.99 more .. kidding ... but the entre ain't as good with something on the side ..