Go Back   Matt-Hughes.com Official Forums > General Discussions > The Woodshed

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #1211  
Old 05-31-2011, 09:20 PM
Twinsmama
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by VCURamFan View Post
I'm kinda wondering if it's a little bit different situation, but based on the same premises I bolded above: she's got 3 kids who (I'm assuming) she loves & the only father who bothers with his kid clearly has a much better life & a loving family.

It makes me wonder if she's terrified that you'r egoing to take Ben & never bring him back. I mean, from her point of view there's this man who clearly loves his son, who is willing to go to court to see him, whose whole family loves this precious child, who is in a better financial place to care for the boy, etc., etc., etc. When you mentioned that she circled your van taking pictures, it just made me think that she was afraid you'd disappear & that she'd need evidence give the cops to find y'all.

Granted, I know nothing of this woman & if this sounds nothing like her & she's just bat-$h!t crazy, then nevermind. Just based on these coupla posts here, that's the vibe I got.
i totally missed that. that is weird. that definately makes sense.
Reply With Quote
  #1212  
Old 06-01-2011, 12:34 PM
surveyorshawn
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by VCURamFan View Post
I'm kinda wondering if it's a little bit different situation, but based on the same premises I bolded above: she's got 3 kids who (I'm assuming) she loves & the only father who bothers with his kid clearly has a much better life & a loving family.

It makes me wonder if she's terrified that you'r egoing to take Ben & never bring him back. I mean, from her point of view there's this man who clearly loves his son, who is willing to go to court to see him, whose whole family loves this precious child, who is in a better financial place to care for the boy, etc., etc., etc. When you mentioned that she circled your van taking pictures, it just made me think that she was afraid you'd disappear & that she'd need evidence give the cops to find y'all.

Granted, I know nothing of this woman & if this sounds nothing like her & she's just bat-$h!t crazy, then nevermind. Just based on these coupla posts here, that's the vibe I got.
Hmm, I had never thought about that, but it does make some logical sense. However, even if that was her reasoning, this is one of the only things she has done that has made any sense at all to me this entire time. I was tempted to send her an email after we left asking, "Would you like the VIN too?", but I kept my smart a$$ demons in check. It's also very tempting to take a different vehicle every time we pick him up to give her something to do. Oh well, at least I don't act on my mean thoughts!

Last edited by surveyorshawn; 06-01-2011 at 02:15 PM. Reason: Changed wording
Reply With Quote
  #1213  
Old 06-01-2011, 12:45 PM
surveyorshawn
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default



Well I have to put on my proud papa hat for one post here. Some of you know that my oldest daughter Abigail writes songs, plays guitar and piano, and leads a worship band. She has been asked to play at the MS Gulf Coast Coliseum next month at the Coast Summer Fair alongside some big name artists (I don't know who yet). The picture I put up here is the one their photographer took for her ad/poster. Of course, I am one proud Daddy!
Reply With Quote
  #1214  
Old 06-01-2011, 01:40 PM
Bonnie Bonnie is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: Where the bluebonnets bloom
Posts: 6,591
Default

That's a great picture of Abigail, Shawn, and what exciting news for her!

Let us know how things go.
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #1215  
Old 06-01-2011, 02:39 PM
County Mike
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Very cool Shawn. Congrats to your daughter. Best of luck.
Reply With Quote
  #1216  
Old 06-01-2011, 02:47 PM
rearnakedchoke
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by surveyorshawn View Post
I hate to judge the motives of anyone else, but honestly, I feel like I'm being punished by her that I had an affair with her that resulted in a child. I sued to get to see him, which I do as absolutely much as possible, and in the same suit I asked for child support to be set, and I pay that without fail. I don't know what else I am supposed to do. I repented, got my life right with God, and completely reconciled with my wife 2 years ago. The things she is doing seem vindictive, but again, I do not know her heart or her true motives. I do know that she is going to church in the city she lives in, and says that she has become a Christian. I just don't know why these difficulties in regard to Ben still exist. They are certainly forming patience and character in Kim and me, that's for sure.

James 1:2 My brethren, count it all joy when you fall into various trials, 3 knowing that the testing of your faith produces patience. 4 But let patience have its perfect work, that you may be perfect and complete, lacking nothing.

Sorry for the rant, I just needed to vent a little, I guess.
maybe you shouldn't just ask to visit Ben .. maybe you should ask to see all three of her children ... i know that sounds weird .... but if their fathers aren't paying support, they may not have a father figure ...

or maybe i should mind my own business ... sorry .....
Reply With Quote
  #1217  
Old 06-01-2011, 02:48 PM
DonnaMaria
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by surveyorshawn View Post


Well I have to put on my proud papa hat for one post here. Some of you know that my oldest daughter Abigail writes songs, plays guitar and piano, and leads a worship band. She has been asked to play at the MS Gulf Coast Coliseum next month at the Coast Summer Fair alongside some big name artists (I don't know who yet). The picture I put up here is the one their photographer took for her ad/poster. Of course, I am one proud Daddy!
Awesome!!!!!! You have every right to be proud!!! AND she is so lovely! Best wishes for her!
Reply With Quote
  #1218  
Old 06-01-2011, 07:35 PM
VCURamFan's Avatar
VCURamFan VCURamFan is offline
MMA, VCU, & Doctor Who
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: Basketball Capital of the World
Posts: 14,313
Send a message via AIM to VCURamFan
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by surveyorshawn View Post
Hmm, I had never thought about that, but it does make some logical sense. However, even if that was her reasoning, this is one of the only things she has done that has made any sense at all to me this entire time. I was tempted to send her an email after we left asking, "Would you like the VIN too?", but I kept my smart a$$ demons in check. It's also very tempting to take a different vehicle every time we pick him up to give her something to do. Oh well, at least I don't act on my mean thoughts!
Like I said, maybe she's just bat-$h!t crazy!

I feel you on trying to keep the smart-@$$ demons in check, too. I have to bite my tongue so hard at work sometimes!

Quote:
Originally Posted by surveyorshawn View Post


Well I have to put on my proud papa hat for one post here. Some of you know that my oldest daughter Abigail writes songs, plays guitar and piano, and leads a worship band. She has been asked to play at the MS Gulf Coast Coliseum next month at the Coast Summer Fair alongside some big name artists (I don't know who yet). The picture I put up here is the one their photographer took for her ad/poster. Of course, I am one proud Daddy!
That's so awesome, Shawn, congrats!!
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #1219  
Old 06-01-2011, 10:18 PM
TexasRN's Avatar
TexasRN TexasRN is offline
Super Moderator
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: Texan living in NC
Posts: 4,707
Default

Well I'm a big ole crankypants today. I just feel restless and irritated. I didn't sleep well last night due to continuing nightmares so I woke up just really frustrated and tired. Then work didn't help.


~Amy
__________________
__________________________________________

My son made this for me:
Reply With Quote
  #1220  
Old 06-01-2011, 10:29 PM
DonnaMaria
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by TexasRN View Post
Well I'm a big ole crankypants today. I just feel restless and irritated. I didn't sleep well last night due to continuing nightmares so I woke up just really frustrated and tired. Then work didn't help.


~Amy

Aw Amy. Nightmares are the worst.

I don't know a remedy for them, but I find that a nice glass of merlot ( or something harder, depending on the day ) tends to smooth out the rough edges for me. Maybe you could enjoy something nice yourself this evening.
Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT. The time now is 01:33 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.