County Mike

Sounds like a fun kid to hang out with.
Old 05-13-2011, 12:34 AM
DonnaMaria

Quote:
Originally Posted by County Mike View Post
Sounds like a fun kid to hang out with.
He is!

Just you wait Mike! Hailey will be telling all kinds of stories about you and Kellie!

I had the son of a fellow teacher a few years back and this kid would tell me all kinds of things!!!! I'm sure his father would be mortified if he knew!

But I'm sure my girls told all kinds of stories about me! It's just part of the life cycle! We don't tell names! But we definitely get mileage out of the good ones!
Old 05-13-2011, 12:40 AM
DonnaMaria

I'm tired but happy. It was a long day. We had an emergency drill in school and my preschoolers actually had to hide under our cubbies and be quiet for about 20 minutes in our dark classroom. I thought they would flip out but they actually made it through with flying colors!!!! I am so proud of them!!!
Old 05-13-2011, 01:36 AM
surveyorshawn

Frustrated. I've been having severe migraines 3 to 5 days a week. This week I was in a school training to open some more job opportunities for myself, and my migraines have plagued me every day, being bad enough to cause me to miss 25% of the class so far, and to go straight to bed when I get to my hotel room every afternoon. I don't understand how anyone can be expected to live like this!

Sorry for ranting, I'm just very frustrated....
Old 05-13-2011, 03:04 PM
BamaGrits84

Quote:
Originally Posted by surveyorshawn View Post
Frustrated. I've been having severe migraines 3 to 5 days a week. This week I was in a school training to open some more job opportunities for myself, and my migraines have plagued me every day, being bad enough to cause me to miss 25% of the class so far, and to go straight to bed when I get to my hotel room every afternoon. I don't understand how anyone can be expected to live like this!

Try 3 Aleve. I get massive headaches and found that Alevel works better than anything because it reduced the inflamation around the nerves which is what causes the pain.
Old 05-13-2011, 03:08 PM
DonnaMaria

Quote:
Originally Posted by BamaGrits84 View Post
Try 3 Aleve. I get massive headaches and found that Alevel works better than anything because it reduced the inflamation around the nerves which is what causes the pain.
Aleve is good. Or 2 aspirin, 1 Tylenol and some caffeine. Caffeine definitely does the trick.

How are you feeling Bama? How is the back?
Old 05-13-2011, 03:29 PM
Miss Foxy

Quote:
Originally Posted by surveyorshawn View Post

Hope you feel better. You might need to consult your doctor.. Have you had a recent eye exam? Either way I hope you feel better.
Old 05-13-2011, 07:07 PM
BamaGrits84

Quote:
Originally Posted by DonnaMaria View Post
Aleve is good. Or 2 aspirin, 1 Tylenol and some caffeine. Caffeine definitely does the trick.

How are you feeling Bama? How is the back?
I love excedrine.

I'm feeling better, but still not how I want to feel. I want to be pain free. I'm starting to wonder if that will ever happen. I'm having another epidural done in 2 weeks then I'll see the surgeon to see if the disc are even operable.
Old 05-13-2011, 07:17 PM
BamaGrits84

I'm aggrivated because the board members at my kids' ballfield operate like some sort of Red Shirt regime. (all board members where red shirts.) a few weeks ago a heard a caoch for a team we were playing make this comment to a 9-10 year old boy "Your out there acting like you need a Xanax to calm down!" I was completely shocked. Who in the word leads a child to believe that narcotics are the way to go when they need to calm down? So we played that same team again Tuesday and I wake up to an email from a parent telling me the reason her son wouldn't shake this same caoches hand post game was because he heard the coach drop the F-bomb and say damn during the game and it upset the kid. And claims 3 other kids inculding my own hear this too. So I reasonable ask for the coach to be suspend 1 game over his complete lack of mind to mouth buffering. No response yet. Likely won't get one because this coach happens to have one of the heirs to the Red Shirt Regime on his team. And unfortunately I can't find anyone who has authority over the league. They pay the city for use of the fields so I've asked the city to step in. it really ticks me off because I've given them $525 this season alone in sponsorships and player fees and yet I can't get them to enforce their own rules in ensuring the players best interest is looked after. I almost want to claim breach of contract and demand my money back!
Old 05-13-2011, 07:24 PM
surveyorshawn

Quote:
Originally Posted by Miss Foxy View Post
Hope you feel better. You might need to consult your doctor.. Have you had a recent eye exam? Either way I hope you feel better.
I'm under the care of a neurologist for the migraines & MS symptoms. I take topomax, varapamil, and another migraine preventative every day (Kim gives them to me, so I am not sure of the names of all of them, lol), but something has caused them to flare up to an unusual amount and intensity this week. I had gotten down to having them only 3-4 days a week. I did ok today. By a process of elimination, I didn't use any sugar yesterday or today(I use splenda at home), and I didn't use any deet (insect repellant). Of course I did get eaten up by chiggers & mosquitoes, and I pulled 5 ticks off of me, but at least I didn't have a migraine today!

I passed my practicum and exam for the certification course I was taking this week, btw!