Go Back   Matt-Hughes.com Official Forums > General Discussions > The Woodshed

Old 05-11-2011, 04:27 PM
DonnaMaria

Quote:
Originally Posted by County Mike View Post
That's awesome! I mean, you would know right?

Somehow I missed this!

Actually, I don't know.......mine were a gift from God! Literally!

unfortunately He also gave me the matching huge A$$...........

If anyone knows where THAT store is let me know. I'd like to make a return.
Old 05-11-2011, 04:34 PM
Miss Foxy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Play The Man View Post
You might have been joking with your responses but there is a lot of science behind sex differences. I am reading a book called Brain Sex. It reviews the science behind brain, thought, and behavioral differences between men and women.
I read some article about the science aspect of our differences and it made so much sense! Helps me somewhat understand men a little more..I am gonna check out the book you just mentioned..
Old 05-11-2011, 04:37 PM
Miss Foxy

Quote:
Originally Posted by TexasRN View Post
I may have to get this book. I've always been told and have believed that my brain is more wired like a dude's.

~Amy
Doing all the fertility stuff I was informed I have a high testosterone level for being female! Thank goodness I don't have facial hair and all that jazz, but it explains some of my behavior.. ... I am going to have hormone replacement therapy after all the saga the insurance doesn't cover it so hopefully I can claim it on my taxes.. As girly as I may seem only in makeup/men I have a lot of male ways!
Old 05-11-2011, 04:39 PM
Miss Foxy

Quote:
Sorry I was mad yesterday. Long story short I don't take threats nor threats to anyone I love. Grrrrrrrr. I really am thinking of moving to the UK in about a year. Only thing holding me back right now is the medical stuff..
Old 05-11-2011, 06:29 PM
County Mike

Quote:
Originally Posted by DonnaMaria View Post
Somehow I missed this!

Actually, I don't know.......mine were a gift from God! Literally!

unfortunately He also gave me the matching huge A$$...........

If anyone knows where THAT store is let me know. I'd like to make a return.
Well, from a kid's point of view - you would know where to get big boobs, since you had a pair. Guessing they don't already know how one would acquire bigger boobs if not blessed from birth.
Old 05-11-2011, 09:51 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TexasRN View Post
I may have to get this book. I've always been told and have believed that my brain is more wired like a dude's.

~Amy
Brain Sex - The Real Difference Between Men & Women by Anne Moir, Ph.D. and David Jessel
Old 05-11-2011, 09:55 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DonnaMaria View Post
It IS very interesting stuff! Teachers have known all along that boys and girls ARE different! It's nice to finally have the research to back it up now!
Actually, the book was published over 20 years ago. It makes a rather persuasive case. It would be very relevant to your job. At a young age, boys are behind in verbal skills and often don't respond well to sitting at a desk listening to a lecture.
Old 05-11-2011, 09:57 PM
Miss Foxy

Quote:
Actually, the book was published over 20 years ago. It makes a rather persuasive case. It would be very relevant to your job. At a young age, boys are behind in verbal skills and often don't respond well to sitting at a desk listening to a lecture.
Do they ever respond to lectures initiated by a woman??!!
Old 05-11-2011, 10:06 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Miss Foxy View Post
I read some article about the science aspect of our differences and it made so much sense! Helps me somewhat understand men a little more..I am gonna check out the book you just mentioned..
Here is an interesting factoid concerning male ability in mathematics:

"Dr. Julian Stanley and Dr. Camilla Benbow, two American psychologists, worked with highly gifted students of both sexes. Not only did they find that the best girl never beat the best boy - they also discovered a startling sex ratio of mathematical brilliance: for every exceptional girl there were more than thirteen exceptional boys."

Larry Summers, the former president of Harvard, made a comment that there might be sex-base differences in aptitude in science and was forced to resign.

The book paints a picture of female exceptionalism in verbal skills. It even postulates that "women's intuition" is due to a larger corpus callosum, allowing the two brain hemispheres to better integrate emotional cues and information.
Old 05-11-2011, 10:33 PM
BamaGrits84

Quote:
Are you at your ideal body weight? Are you doing core-strengthening exercises? Do you have an iPhone?
On the body weight I'm about 20 pounds over but I'm so tall (6'1") that is really not that bad. The exercises I do are one my PT taught me. Stretches and 2 strengthening ones. Some of them others we tried hurt SOOO bad he told me to stop trying them. And no I don't have an iPhone? If you tell me there is an app for this I might go get one though.