Go Back   Matt-Hughes.com Official Forums > General Discussions > The Woodshed

Old 05-06-2011, 11:55 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BamaGrits84 View Post
Disappointed. I really think it is a slap in the face when after a dozen years someone actually is still asking what you what they should buy you as a gift. It really screams "I never pay attention when you show interest in something."
This is a universal problem suffered by most women. Men are born with this disability.

Quote:
Originally Posted by flo View Post
I can understand your disappointment. We women always complain that our men just aren't listening; they complain that we are too sensitive/emotional.

Not to sound like Pollyanna, but when I have to turn the 1,574th dirty sock right-side-out to wash it and feel like blowing his head off with a bazooka, I think what it would be like without him. I sure wouldn't have to worry about socks then. It really puts it back into perspective for me.
Yeah, makes you wonder why God gave them ears!

Quote:
Originally Posted by County Mike View Post
Sorry, I wasn't really paying attention. What is it you want?
Kelli's bazooka is in the mail.

Old 05-06-2011, 11:59 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by County Mike View Post
Sorry, I wasn't really paying attention. What is it you want?

You're too funny, County Mike!
Old 05-07-2011, 01:34 AM
DonnaMaria

Hmmmmmmm.........what do moms REALLY want this Mother's Day.

I got a surprising answer from Daniel, a particularly energetic and charismatic 5 year old in my class…..

As we sat stringing beads for a bracelet he was making his mom for Mother’s Day…..he remarked that the bracelet was “nice” but not what his mom really wants for Mother’s Day.

“What does she really want?” I asked casually, picking up beads that he dropped on the floor…….

“A new set of boobs. And she told my Dad that if he REALLY loved her that he would buy them for her.”

He looked at me with wide eyes and asked……

“Do YOU know where the boob store is?”

Old 05-07-2011, 01:38 AM
DonnaMaria

Our tea parties went really well! Lots of suprises and lots of happy tears from the moms!

And none of the boys said the words "fart" "booger" or "poop!" I told them that those words weren't allowed on tea party day! And they actually listened!!!! So all in all it was a fantastic day!

I'm tired but happy! Cross that off the list for the school year!!!! Whew!
Old 05-07-2011, 11:42 AM
SupaDupaMod

Send a message via Yahoo to Neezar

Quote:
Originally Posted by flo View Post
I can understand your disappointment. We women always complain that our men just aren't listening; they complain that we are too sensitive/emotional.

But here's the good news. He remembered (your birthday? anniversary?). He wants to get you a gift. He actually asked what you'd like instead of buying you an iron.

Not to sound like Pollyanna, but when I have to turn the 1,574th dirty sock right-side-out to wash it and feel like blowing his head off with a bazooka, I think what it would be like without him. I sure wouldn't have to worry about socks then. It really puts it back into perspective for me.
I made a list once and put it on the fridge. Hubby was so excited about the list that he bought all of them!

Now, the week before the holiday I bring it up an tell him what I want so he don't have to ask. I just say, "Hey you know what I would love for mother's day...." This year I got a new Droid X phone. And I didn't really ask for it. I mentioned it in passing 2 wks ago.

Old 05-07-2011, 12:10 PM
County Mike

Quote:
Originally Posted by DonnaMaria View Post
Hmmmmmmm.........what do moms REALLY want this Mother's Day.

I got a surprising answer from Daniel, a particularly energetic and charismatic 5 year old in my class…..

As we sat stringing beads for a bracelet he was making his mom for Mother’s Day…..he remarked that the bracelet was “nice” but not what his mom really wants for Mother’s Day.

“What does she really want?” I asked casually, picking up beads that he dropped on the floor…….

“A new set of boobs. And she told my Dad that if he REALLY loved her that he would buy them for her.”

He looked at me with wide eyes and asked……

“Do YOU know where the boob store is?”

That's awesome! I mean, you would know right?
Old 05-07-2011, 06:29 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neezar View Post
I made a list once and put it on the fridge. Hubby was so excited about the list that he bought all of them!

Now, the week before the holiday I bring it up an tell him what I want so he don't have to ask. I just say, "Hey you know what I would love for mother's day...." This year I got a new Droid X phone. And I didn't really ask for it. I mentioned it in passing 2 wks ago.

That's great!

My better half just says "make me a list" and I'm more than happy to do so.

Of course, one year he got me a beautiful birthday card, "To My Husband". I said, "well, you *really* liked what THIS one said". He was so embarrassed, we just laugh about it now (I still have it, it's a keeper).

Quote:
Originally Posted by DonnaMaria View Post
Our tea parties went really well! Lots of suprises and lots of happy tears from the moms!

And none of the boys said the words "fart" "booger" or "poop!" I told them that those words weren't allowed on tea party day! And they actually listened!!!! So all in all it was a fantastic day!

I'm tired but happy! Cross that off the list for the school year!!!! Whew!
Kudos, DM!
Old 05-07-2011, 08:54 PM
BamaGrits84

I ended up with cash on the tv this morning. He works so hard there is no way I would complain about him giving me money (well not to him at least), but in a card tomorrow morning would have been nice Now I get stuck trying to figure out what to do with it and in the time it take me to figure it out it ends up getting spent on kids.

But on the flip side he found out yesterday he gets to remodel a beach house so I'm getting a free week stay at the beach. Better than cash!
Old 05-07-2011, 09:14 PM
Angry @ Injustice!

unhappy
Old 05-07-2011, 09:18 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tyburn View Post
unhappy
Aww, what's wrong, Dave?