Go Back   Matt-Hughes.com Official Forums > General Discussions > The Woodshed

Old 05-06-2011, 07:17 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by VCURamFan View Post
Shocked. I actually made it out of bed by 5:01 this morning!
I'm shocked too...and terribly disappointed. I know you can do better than that! Let's see if we can't knock that minute off and make it 5:00 next time!

Old 05-06-2011, 07:55 PM
MMA, VCU, & Doctor Who

Send a message via AIM to VCURamFan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bonnie View Post
I'm shocked too...and terribly disappointed. I know you can do better than that! Let's see if we can't knock that minute off and make it 5:00 next time!

Do you realise how amazing it is that I dragged my butt outta bed before noon????
Old 05-06-2011, 08:03 PM
BamaGrits84

Disappointed. I really think it is a slap in the face when after a dozen years someone actually is still asking what you what they should buy you as a gift. It really screams "I never pay attention when you show interest in something."
Old 05-06-2011, 09:06 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BamaGrits84 View Post

Dear Abby, er, flo,

I feel disappointed. I really think it is a slap in the face when after a dozen years someone actually is still asking what you what they should buy you as a gift. It really screams "I never pay attention when you show interest in something." Can you help?

Bama
I can understand your disappointment. We women always complain that our men just aren't listening; they complain that we are too sensitive/emotional.

But here's the good news. He remembered (your birthday? anniversary?). He wants to get you a gift. He actually asked what you'd like instead of buying you an iron.

Not to sound like Pollyanna, but when I have to turn the 1,574th dirty sock right-side-out to wash it and feel like blowing his head off with a bazooka, I think what it would be like without him. I sure wouldn't have to worry about socks then. It really puts it back into perspective for me.
Old 05-06-2011, 09:36 PM
BamaGrits84

Quote:
Originally Posted by flo View Post
I can understand your disappointment. We women always complain that our men just aren't listening; they complain that we are too sensitive/emotional.

But here's the good news. He remembered (your birthday? anniversary?). He wants to get you a gift. He actually asked what you'd like instead of buying you an iron.

Not to sound like Pollyanna, but when I have to turn the 1,574th dirty sock right-side-out to wash it and feel like blowing his head off with a bazooka, I think what it would be like without him. I sure wouldn't have to worry about socks then. It really puts it back into perspective for me.
Mother's Day. It wouldn't make me so mad except for the fact that I always put a lot of thought into what I get him. I'm having a custom gun case made from him for father's day because i heard him mention to his friend a month ago he couldn't find one that had every thing he was looking for. I give him plenty of tips in the weeks before - when we walk through the mall I point out 20 things I like, during commercials I say "that is cool", or that seems like a good sale on ____. And yet he keeps asking after all that and me telling him just suprise me (like with one of the 50 things I've suggested). Or even better I get the "I'll just give you money." Um I have money already. I finally told him to take the money he planned to spend on me and get somethings for the storm victims.

Sorry to vent. After 12 years of birthdays, Christmas, Valetine's, Mother's Day, and anniverseries it gets annoying. Likewise I'm sure fussing gets annoying to some.
Old 05-06-2011, 10:01 PM
Twinsmama

when i complain rich isn't listening he'll say "what sorry i didn't hear you" it's so frustrating it makes me laugh. he's lucky i laugh at everything.

don't drop hints. just tell him what you want or maybe even a choice of two things. at least you'll be surprised to see which one of the two you'll get. if you are lucky you'll get both!!
Old 05-06-2011, 10:19 PM

Quote:
Mother's Day. It wouldn't make me so mad except for the fact that I always put a lot of thought into what I get him. I'm having a custom gun case made from him for father's day because i heard him mention to his friend a month ago he couldn't find one that had every thing he was looking for. I give him plenty of tips in the weeks before - when we walk through the mall I point out 20 things I like, during commercials I say "that is cool", or that seems like a good sale on ____. And yet he keeps asking after all that and me telling him just suprise me (like with one of the 50 things I've suggested). Or even better I get the "I'll just give you money." Um I have money already. I finally told him to take the money he planned to spend on me and get somethings for the storm victims.

Sorry to vent. After 12 years of birthdays, Christmas, Valetine's, Mother's Day, and anniverseries it gets annoying. Likewise I'm sure fussing gets annoying to some.
It's not annoying, Bama. I was just trying to put a positive spin on it.

Mother's Day, yes, I forgot that was this weekend (I don't have kids).
Old 05-06-2011, 11:14 PM
County Mike

Quote:

Sorry, I wasn't really paying attention. What is it you want?
Old 05-06-2011, 11:42 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by County Mike View Post
Sorry, I wasn't really paying attention. What is it you want?
Old 05-06-2011, 11:47 PM

Quote:

Remind him that Mother's Day is on Sunday and that if he still needs to get a present, he should get the 14 K gold earrings in the first display cabinet on the north side of Macy's (in other words, be specific). Hint to him that you will make it worth his while.