Go Back   Matt-Hughes.com Official Forums > General Discussions > The Woodshed

Old 05-06-2011, 12:11 AM
DonnaMaria

Quote:
Originally Posted by flo View Post
You're such a good teacher, DonnaMaria. Your kids are lucky.
Aw you are sweet!I appreciate that!

I'm lucky to have my kids and I'm lucky to work with a great bunch of teachers! Everyone in kindergarten and preschool holds a tea!!!

Truth be told, the Mother's Day tea is one of my favorite days! The kids get such a kick out of treating their moms! They are really precious!!!!

AND, not to be outdone, we have a Father's Field Day in June!
Old 05-06-2011, 01:24 AM
MMA, VCU, & Doctor Who

Send a message via AIM to VCURamFan

Beat up but really happy.

I've been really slacking on going to jits/muay thai recently. Work's been really busy. Not enough to be a problem, but just enough to be a convenient excuse. This means I've been shelling out $140 a month for unlimited sessions of sitting on the sofa. Yeah, I'm an idiot.

Went back today, though, & did back-to-back classes: judo & muay thai. On on of the early throws, my partners was trying to move too fast & ended up landing in such a way that he trapped one of my knees as I was trying to break fall & tweaked my hip. What I'm really proud of is that I didn't let myself use that as an excuse to stop drilling or as a reason to sit out of sparring at the end of class. On top of that, I also didn't let it be an excuse for me to skip out on muay thai right after, but stuck it out the whole time, including the 2 endurance circuits (3min non-stop punches on the bag, 3min non-stop knees against pads, 3min holding pads). I am way out of shape & had to pause a few times to catch my breath, but I stuck it out & kept going. Then at the end, I was able to do two 2min rounds of sparring & held my own against the little speed demon I was match-up against (man, I love having an 80 foot jab!!).

So yeah, now I'm sitting here eating dinner & having a beer (I'm a serious athlete!!) & getting ready to turn in so that I can gt up for the 6am class tomorrow.
Old 05-06-2011, 02:23 AM

Well, you saw that you were letting the membership go to waste and are making up for it. That's great, Ben! I remember...first the NordicTrack and then the treadmill...both wound up as portable closets upon which to drape clothing. I sold the treadmill to a lady who wanted it for her goat. I didn't ask why.

I considered a stairmaster for about 2 seconds then remembered Dennis Leary's take on it.

Quote:
I'm not a workout guy, but I understood Nautilus. It made sense. There were arm machines and leg machines. But have you seen these people who are using the stair-master? Huh? Have we turned into gerbils ladies and gentlemen? People are paying money to go into a health club and walk up invisible steps over and over again for an hour and a half. "Where are you going?" "I'm going up! And I paid for it too! I can stay here as long as I want!" Folks, you wanna go up and down stairs, move into a fifth floor walk up on the lower east side. Ok? What's next? A f***ing chair master!? "I sit down. I get up. I sit down. I get up. I sit down. I get up." The door master. "I open the door. I close..." What the f***?
Old 05-06-2011, 09:14 AM
MMA, VCU, & Doctor Who

Send a message via AIM to VCURamFan

Shocked. I actually made it out of bed by 5:01 this morning!

Quote:
Well, you saw that you were letting the membership go to waste and are making up for it. That's great, Ben! I remember...first the NordicTrack and then the treadmill...both wound up as portable closets upon which to drape clothing. I sold the treadmill to a lady who wanted it for her goat. I didn't ask why.

I considered a stairmaster for about 2 seconds then remembered Dennis Leary's take on it.

Yeah, I love Dennis Leary, he's hilarious.
Old 05-06-2011, 11:03 AM
SupaDupaMod

Send a message via Yahoo to Neezar

Quote:

Old 05-06-2011, 11:07 AM
SupaDupaMod

Send a message via Yahoo to Neezar

Blessed and sad. We have a school in our county that had 40 kids return to school yesterday who no longer have homes because of the tornados.

Forty!
Old 05-06-2011, 03:08 PM
Miss Foxy

Quote:
Originally Posted by TexasRN View Post
I feel happy. I found a new service here that delivers a box of fresh, local, just picked seasonal produce right to my door every week. This week the box contained: collards, tomatoes, cucumbers, strawberries, red leaf lettuce, cilantro, and radishes. These are the best tomatoes I've ever eaten and I used to grow my own. Holy cow this stuff is good. I'm supporting local farms and eating healthy!

~Amy
Yummy!! It's also good to support the local farmers its a win win situation.
Old 05-06-2011, 03:12 PM
DonnaMaria

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neezar View Post
Blessed and sad. We have a school in our county that had 40 kids return to school yesterday who no longer have homes because of the tornados.

Forty!
Oh wow! That is sad..........
Old 05-06-2011, 04:37 PM

Quote:

Forty!
I hope the federal aid is reaching people there. I can't imagine losing everything.
Old 05-06-2011, 04:49 PM
Angry @ Injustice!

Quote:

Forty!
I'm glad you still have your home