Go Back   Matt-Hughes.com Official Forums > General Discussions > The Woodshed

Old 04-08-2011, 09:24 PM
Miss Foxy

I am very excited and tired. I have a very busy next few days.. Tomorrow SF fight in San Diego and Sunday I have a guest flying in from the UK. Next week we are off to have some fun. I can't wait. I am going after work for some beauty modifications (pedicure and mani).. This person is dear to my heart and I am glad he can come visit me..
Old 04-12-2011, 02:44 PM
BamaGrits84

Lonely
Old 04-12-2011, 05:15 PM
BamaGrits84

Quote:
Originally Posted by BamaGrits84 View Post
Lonely
geez stupid country music. thank goodness for some Sidewalk Prophets to fix the mood.
Old 04-12-2011, 09:30 PM
Angry @ Injustice!

odd...I just came back from the cinema having watched Source Code...and I feel odd...not coz of the story...but coz of the setting...I was completely unprepared. One moment I was eating a chewy bar...the next moment, for one second, I thought I was in a plane I'd been in Four years ago...The reason for this was because the opening scenes are from a plane, flying over the coast of Chicago...and the skyline of everything between that harbour and that beach are forever burned into my mind.

It got worse...the whole story is to do with a train....and this Train is going to Chicago, Union Station...and i'm pretty certain its coming into the city from the east, I wish I could remember the name of the station it stops at prior to Union to be certain...but I could have sworne I recognise the water and Bridge it is seen going over on the way into the city...that has to be the Journey through East Chicago.

Very disconcerting, considering I made that exact journey also in 2009.

I've only ever been to Chicago Twice, and not for very long either time, and the films set was completely and utterly the area I walked around, including plane and train transportation routes...right down to standing infront of that strange mirror thing in the centre of The Millenial Park...

They EVEN showed a close up of the Twin Towers of Marina City, which is most definately where I would want to live if I moved to Chicago...which, is really the only place that i've visited in the US where I would love to live...I would like to go back to Richmond, Virginia...but not sure I'd want to live their, same with the Quad Cities...slightly too small for my liking
Old 04-12-2011, 09:42 PM
Angry @ Injustice!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tMdBJ_W4wYE

Damn it. Freeze Frame at 49 seconds. The Train is approaching the city from the south, coz that to the left of the tracks is the main highway that Boomer took me on, and that was going South.

Never Fear though...coz I also went South by train, from Union...so either way ive been down that place both by train and car...and coming back from Missouri I must have been heading North I dont remember the water and bridges going into the city from the South...I wonder if they have been naughty and used photography from two separate trainlines....coz I have PHOTOGRAPHIC evidence of that Bridge and water near East Chicago...and a Train heading north into Union cant possibly see that. that would be REALLY naughty of the editors to do that...but I reckon thats what they have done! I dont think their is heavy industry, a VERA distinctive bridge, and a swampy type pond anywhere south of Chicago within the city area....I think it peters out into endless cornfields.
Old 04-12-2011, 09:49 PM
Miss Foxy

Quote:
Originally Posted by BamaGrits84 View Post
geez stupid country music. thank goodness for some Sidewalk Prophets to fix the mood.
Probably just your hormones.. Sorry I wasn't on earlier to cheer ya up! Just imagine Ryan Bader

Last edited by Miss Foxy; 04-12-2011 at 10:00 PM.
Old 04-15-2011, 03:35 PM
BamaGrits84

sad. My very good friend lost her dad during the night.
Old 04-15-2011, 05:06 PM
Angry @ Injustice!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Miss Foxy View Post
Just imagine Ryan Bader

I met him last year in London
Old 04-16-2011, 03:35 PM
Super Moderator

I feel pretty darn good today. I slept for 11 hours last night and the only dream that I remember is one that featured Matt Hughes and Chuck Liddell. Normally I have horrible, vivid, scary dreams so this was a great change of pace for me.

~Amy

My son made this for me:
Old 04-17-2011, 01:03 AM
BamaGrits84

I want a do over for today! Actually I want the folks at my kids ball league to get their crap together. I mean you have a coach telling a 10 year old he is acting like he needs a Xanax and umps being obviously biased in favor of a team an officials kid plays on. And my husband, well makes me wanna write a check to a lawyer.