Go Back   Matt-Hughes.com Official Forums > General Discussions > The Woodshed

Old 01-18-2010, 06:04 PM
Mac

Default This is EERIE . Just Tragic.

Ok , so im flippig through the local news website thismorning and come across a story .

This young fella from here "28" was dating this young girl from Festus Missouri "24". She had 2 little kids . Well she had come up here to visit her boyfriend and they were driving down one of the rural blacktop two lane highways in a little saturn station wagon when a 47 year old drunk driver in a ford pickup truck crossed the center line and hit them head on . Both the young woman and her young boyfriend were killed instantly . The drunk driver walked away with scratches and bruises. Luckily the 2 children had stayed at home in Missouri.

Now this is the eerie part . I read the news story and it didnt give any of the information i posted above , i just kind of pieced that together , all the news story had was details on the wreck and the names . So i thought i would check facebook to see if either of them looked familiar seeing as how this is a small town and the guy was only a year younger than me.

I find the girl has a face book profile , when i look at her wall ,wellll . check out her last status update. It just makes your heart sink .
http://www.facebook.com/home.php?#/p...00000394134817

She wrote that at 11:31 , and was killed by a drunk driver at 8:00 that evening .

Here is a link to the news story on it
http://www.shelbycountynews.net/defa...tynews&he=.net
Old 01-18-2010, 06:08 PM
SupaDupaMod

Send a message via Yahoo to Neezar

What does it say?
Old 01-18-2010, 06:11 PM
Mac

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neezar View Post
What does it say?

This is what she wrote at 11:31 , its her last update. Like i said , was killed later in the day at 8:00 by a drunk driver

Quote:
Lynne Polette : is with my man. wish i could stop time and stay here foreverYesterday at 11:31am
Old 01-18-2010, 06:51 PM
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mac View Post
The drunk driver walked away with scratches and bruises.

This guy should be sent to prison for the rest of his life (death penalty would be preferred), then have all of his property and assets seized, sold off at auction and the proceeds donated to those kids.
Old 01-18-2010, 06:55 PM
Mac

Quote:
Originally Posted by NateR View Post

This guy should be sent to prison for the rest of his life (death penalty would be preferred), then have all of his property and assets seized, sold off at auction and the proceeds donated to those kids.
Couldnt agree more.
Old 01-18-2010, 10:11 PM
Blade

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mac View Post
This is what she wrote at 11:31 , its her last update. Like i said , was killed later in the day at 8:00 by a drunk driver
Did you see the comment under her status saying 'you did it!'
Old 01-19-2010, 01:15 AM
Oddtodd76

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blade View Post
Did you see the comment under her status saying 'you did it!'
I couldn't believe it.
Old 01-19-2010, 02:15 AM
Matt-4; GJJ Black Belts-0

Quote:
Originally Posted by NateR View Post

Nothing wrong with that!!!!
Old 01-19-2010, 03:29 AM
octagon junkie

God bless them all.
Old 01-19-2010, 07:21 AM
KENTUCKYREDBONE

Drunk drivers must be made to stop! One of my cousins daughters was killed by a drunk driver while on the way to the hospital to have a baby. The drunk only got 5 years out of it even though he killed 2 people and crippled another!